• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Busted Pipe Blues: Our Bathroom Remodel Nightmare

In summary, Hubs and I took showers...went to the doctor to get stitches out of my shoulder...came home to a busted water pipe between the house and the septic tank...it is so d*** cold in New Mexico...Bummer is, we just remodeled a few years back and have amazing tile work that now will need to be torn out...I am sooooooo sad...Plus the expense of getting this fixed will be no fun at all.Wanna trade?
ChefCKHall
Bummer! Hubs and I took showers..went to xray/doctor to get stitches out of my shoulder.

Came home.. to a busted water pipe between the two showers...It is so d*** cold in New Mexico.

Bummer is, we just remodeled a few years back and have amazing tile work that now will need to be torn out.....

I am sooooooo sad.......

Plus the expense of getting this fixed will be no fun at all.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Wanna trade?

We had the outlet pipe between the house and the septic tank get clogged with roots. You don't want to know what backed up and where.

:yuck:

Can the guy who did the tile work originally come back to repair the demo damage?

(BTW, we're all the way up to 12º right now.)

Winter is really starting to wear out its welcome around here with 13" of snow and -12 temperatures this morning. I had better go check my water pipes again.

I am ready for spring. I hope the Spring Launch will give me a glimmer of hope for spring and summer.

I'll trade you! We had -25 Wind Chills last night after 18" of snow. The entire city, buses and all, were shut down yesterday and half of Tuesday. Then today, after a 6 hour shoveling job yesterday that usually takes about an hour, we had to do it all again this morning after the plows came by again. You're so right! Spring can not get here soon enough! Oh and next week, I hear we are looking at an extended period of below zero temps! UGH! I will say though - I do NOT envy anyone with busted pipes! That really well, SU... and you know the rest! Sorry to hear about that! At least snow I can get rid of without paying for it!

Last edited:
have had ZERO hot water since Monday night. Frozen pipe. No water is getting to water heater on hot water side. Afraid of what may happen after the thaw. Texas is just not equipped for this type of weather. It was 10 degrees today and our street is a solid sheet of ice. no school tomorrow again for the 4th day in a row!

Obviously the homes aren't well built or insulated either. Insulation works both ways too- keeps cold out/heat in, but also to keep heat out/cool air (AC) in. I'm surprised it's not better for you.
Builders get too cheap these days!

I will say this though, when you do have the repairs done, I would definitely suggest adding insulation. Rolls of the stuff are so inexpensive. What is that saying, an ounce of prevention... With the crazy way the weather is going these past few years, it may be worth the investment.

Still bummed..one plumber could or would not come. The other said he would come/call but did neither and he is from our church.

Guess we will be on the phone tomorrow to every plumber. Have my dishes in a tub, gonna have to go to someone's house to wash the dishes and perhaps shower tomorrow morning.

I hate this. I hate not having someone back up their word. I hate feeling like the state of my house is at the mercy of another.....drives me nuts.

and when is your Spring Launch? I hope not on Saturday!

I know it's tuff, CK, but remember that the whole city is affected by this (bursting pipes, heaters not working, etc.)...the plumbers are overwhelmed, I'm sure!

Praying for a quick resolution for you, Friend!

(and prayers for us...we have no heat, although we do have water...did everything we could before we left to protect pipes...scary!)

temps here have been in the mid 20s since the first of Dec. we finally got enough snow for me to play with my snow blower last week. (got 8").. I'm so ready for spring.. I have ordered my seeds for the garden... have that gardening itch starting..

Related to Busted Pipe Blues: Our Bathroom Remodel Nightmare

What should I do if I have a busted pipe?

If you have a busted pipe, it is important to turn off your main water supply immediately to prevent further damage. You should also contact a plumber as soon as possible to fix the pipe.

How can I prevent my pipes from freezing and potentially busting?

To prevent frozen pipes, make sure to insulate any exposed pipes and keep your home at a consistent temperature. You can also leave a small trickle of water running from your faucets during extremely cold weather.

Will my homeowner's insurance cover the cost of fixing a busted pipe?

It depends on your specific insurance policy. Most homeowner's insurance policies will cover water damage caused by a busted pipe, but it's always best to check with your insurance provider to be sure.

Can I fix a busted pipe myself?

Fixing a busted pipe can be a difficult and potentially dangerous task. It is recommended to hire a professional plumber to ensure the pipe is properly repaired and to prevent any further damage.

How can I prevent future pipe issues?

To prevent future pipe issues, make sure to regularly inspect your pipes for any signs of damage or wear. Also, be mindful of what you flush or put down your drains, as certain materials can cause clogs and damage to your pipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• candiejayne
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
candiejayne
Back