• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bubba Gumps in Chicago: Tossing Shrimp & Imitating Forest Gump!

In summary, Shrimp will be the main course at Bubba Gumps dinner this week and guests are asked to bring a chocolate candy bar in honor of the event. There will also be a contest for the best Forest Gump imitation. Lastly, Ginger will offer a free glass of wine to anyone who visits her restaurant on Monday night.
Malinda Klein
Gold Member
Seeing as i'm going to Bubba Gumps for dinner in Chicago this week and I have a party scheduled Aug 1st to do the Citrus Butter Shrimp Toss, I thought I could create a new theme show (I searched and didn't find any threads connected to this).

Your thoughts and any other ideas:

1. Shrimp in the main meal
2. Every guest is asked to bring a chocolate candy bar (Life is box of Chocolates)
A. We will crush up the chocolate bars and make a quick chocolate trifle wth chocolate pudding, whip cream, and crushed chocolate bars
3. A contest for the best "Forest Gump" imitation.

I'll also try to sprinkle some trivia throughout the show.

Thoughts?

What a cute idea! Sounds good.

Sounds like a great time! I think you have a great creative mind and it's a great idea!

Malinda Klein said:
Seeing as i'm going to Bubba Gumps for dinner in Chicago this week and I have a party scheduled Aug 1st to do the Citrus Butter Shrimp Toss, I thought I could create a new theme show (I searched and didn't find any threads connected to this).

Your thoughts and any other ideas:

1. Shrimp in the main meal
2. Every guest is asked to bring a chocolate candy bar (Life is box of Chocolates)
A. We will crush up the chocolate bars and make a quick chocolate trifle wth chocolate pudding, whip cream, and crushed chocolate bars
3. A contest for the best "Forest Gump" imitation.

I'll also try to sprinkle some trivia throughout the show.

Thoughts?

GREAT ideas! I actually might have to steal um borrow this ;)

I don't drink, but when I go there I have 1 of their drinks in a weird glass & the glass comes free when you're finished, thinking that would be a nice prize. I know they also sell tons of things inside...HTH

We'll be at Bubbas Sunday night! CAN'T WAIT!!

I know, this is nit-picky and I apologize, but . . . don't forget the cake/brownie/cookies for the trifle.This does sound like a fun idea. So does dinner at Bubba Gumps for that matter. We don't have any dinner plans yet, except for a pizza party with our ED (groan). Maybe I can talk Julie (because she WILL be going), to go one night.

pampchefsarah said:
I know, this is nit-picky and I apologize, but . . . don't forget the cake/brownie/cookies for the trifle.

This does sound like a fun idea. So does dinner at Bubba Gumps for that matter. We don't have any dinner plans yet, except for a pizza party with our ED (groan). Maybe I can talk Julie (because she WILL be going), to go one night.

And If you go to Bubbas on Wed. night, the pier has Fire Works at 9PM.

pampchefsarah said:
I know, this is nit-picky and I apologize, but . . . don't forget the cake/brownie/cookies for the trifle.

This does sound like a fun idea. So does dinner at Bubba Gumps for that matter. We don't have any dinner plans yet, except for a pizza party with our ED (groan). Maybe I can talk Julie (because she WILL be going), to go one night.

Totally agree, the trifle needs something else!

pampchefsarah said:

Our ED is doing this too. Who is yours? mine is Terri Newberry. I was actually kinda excited about a cheap meal.

wadesgirl said:
Totally agree, the trifle needs something else!

Don't worry about being nitpicky and offering ideas like the cake/brownie/cookie! That's what this forum is about, sharing ideas and learning from everyone. I'm make sure to add one of these. I'm leaning towards either the cake or the brownie.

Not sure if we are going to Bubba's Sunday or Wednesday yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Oh what a great Ginger- "the glass comes free when you're finished, thinking that would be a nice prize." I was planning on touring the gift shop for decorations/ideas and this will be perfect!

Wahoo! Can't wait until this week - so need a break and time to enjoy myself and relax:D

pampchefsarah said:

Sarah, I'm going to Bubba's Monday night. PM me your info. I'll give you my number. I'd love to have you join us. I have me and a cluster mate (I've never met) going. Anyone else want to join us?

lesliec said:
Our ED is doing this too. Who is yours? mine is Terri Newberry. I was actually kinda excited about a cheap meal.

Leslie, you should be excited. I'll probably have fun, especially with Julie (who wasn't able to go last year), and Darlene (who's going to NC for the first time this year), along. I think last year I just didn't know enough people to feel comfortable and have fun.

My ED is Leslie Caperton.

1. What is "Bubba Gumps in Chicago: Tossing Shrimp & Imitating Forest Gump!"?

"Bubba Gumps in Chicago: Tossing Shrimp & Imitating Forest Gump!" is a popular event held at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. restaurant in Chicago. It involves a fun and interactive experience where guests can learn how to toss shrimp and imitate the iconic character Forrest Gump.

2. Is this event suitable for all ages?

Yes, this event is suitable for all ages. It is a family-friendly activity that can be enjoyed by everyone.

3. Do I need to make a reservation to attend this event?

Yes, it is recommended to make a reservation in advance to ensure a spot at the event. You can make a reservation by contacting the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. restaurant in Chicago.

4. How long does the event last?

The "Bubba Gumps in Chicago: Tossing Shrimp & Imitating Forest Gump!" event typically lasts for about an hour. However, it may vary depending on the size of the group and the pace of the activities.

5. Is there a fee to attend this event?

Yes, there is a fee to attend this event. The cost may vary, so it is best to contact the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. restaurant in Chicago for more information on pricing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • akrebecca
  • Recipes and Tips