• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is Mexican Monkey Bread and how do you make it?

In summary, some easy recipes using biscuits, salsa, and cheese include making biscuit cups filled with salsa and cheese and a cheesy salsa dip. You can substitute different types of cheese in these recipes and store leftovers in the fridge for a few days. These dishes can also be made ahead of time and used in creative ways, such as in a breakfast casserole or as mini empanadas.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
A family member told me yesterday that she went to a PC party about 15 years ago where they quartered biscuits and mixed them with Salsa and Cheddar cheese. Does anyone here have a clue what she was talking about? She said that she also did the same thing and made like a monkey bread. But the Salsa and cheese one is the recipe that she is looking for.

The beer bread box used to (and may still) have a recipe using salsa and cheese instead of beer (or your liquid of choice). It was good stuff.I've not heard of adding salsa and cheese to refrigerated biscuits but someone else may have.

I found this recipe in an old PC file...It's made in the fluted pan

Salsa Bread

2 tablespoons butter
3 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated biscuit dough
1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sliced black olives

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Use the butter to grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2. Quarter biscuits. Mix biscuits and salsa in a large bowl. Pour into prepared dish; top with onions, cheese, and black olives.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes.

Thank you so much..that is probably what she was looking for Telynn.

ChefJeanine..that recipe is good too..I have done that before.

Hi there! It sounds like your family member may have been referring to a delicious recipe called "Mexican Monkey Bread." This recipe combines quartered biscuits, salsa, and cheddar cheese to create a flavorful and unique twist on traditional monkey bread. I'm happy to share the full recipe with you if you'd like to recreate it at home. Just let me know and I'll be happy to send it your way. Happy cooking!

What are some easy recipes using biscuits, salsa, and cheese?

One easy recipe is to make biscuit cups by pressing biscuit dough into a muffin tin, filling with salsa and shredded cheese, and baking until golden brown. You can also make a cheesy salsa dip by mixing together salsa, cream cheese, and shredded cheese, and serving with biscuits as dippers.

Can I substitute a different type of cheese in recipes using biscuits, salsa, and cheese?

Yes, you can use any type of cheese you prefer in these recipes. Some good options include cheddar, Monterey Jack, or pepper jack for a little extra heat.

How should I store leftover biscuits, salsa, and cheese dishes?

Leftovers should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat in the oven or microwave until warmed through.

Can I make biscuits, salsa, and cheese dishes ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare these dishes ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Just be sure to adjust the baking time as needed.

What are some creative ways to use biscuits, salsa, and cheese together?

You can make a breakfast casserole by layering biscuits, salsa, and cheese with beaten eggs and baking until set. You can also stuff biscuits with salsa and cheese to make mini empanadas or top biscuits with salsa and cheese for a quick pizza-like snack.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bren706
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76