• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Online Purchases from Abroad Increase Scam Risks?

I mean, her defense, she may not have been aware that she was breaking the rules by not responding to your emails. Maybe she was away on vacation or something? Rennea,Do you have her phone number? Sometimes people get overwhelmed with emails and can't reply right away. If she hasn't replied in a couple of weeks, maybe you should call her and ask her how things are going?
rennea
Gold Member
I just feel horrible.....sometime ago I metioned on this board about how I would like to buy some PC items from the US because there are some items that I can't get here. Well I ordered them from somebody and all seemed well, she seemed very pleasent etc. I sent my money order that was over $100.00!!! Received an email on April 29th that my order would be shipped out on Monday. Waiting...still waiting!!
After sometime I emailed asking if there was any tracking # and her "husband" emailed me to tell me she was away but he would find out. Nothing, so I waited a few more weeks and emailed again, no answer!! So I sent a email the other day asking for a reply !!!Nothing!!! :mad: I know that it takes time to receive items across the border and customs and such, but this person won't even reply to my emails. I think I've been had :( My husband is p$$$ed big time:mad: I just feel horrible, sorry I just needed to vent.:mad:

Rennea:( :(

Did you order from someone on this board? I'd try sending them a PM on here and if still no response, post her name here. I know that sounds a bit nasty but it would save someone else on here from having the same problem.

What's gutted?

Geez! People can be so slimey!!! I am hoping for you that she is just a irresponsible procrastinator. I would do the same thing, post her name so we can all know what she did. I remember seeing your post about you wanting to buy stuff. Just know that we are all not like that and I am sorry you got a hold of a dishonest person. And like the above post asked, what is gutted? Learn something everyday on here, haha.:D

Sorry, "gutted"--sick to tummy cause your so upset,or you feel like you have been kicked in the tummy. My Nana used to say it!!! I hope that this person see's this and emails me. I will post her name if she dosen't.

Last edited:
QuestionDoes anybody know if I call HO with her name and tell them that I placed an order with her if they can at least check to see if anything was ordered under my name??

I have actually asked 2 different consultants in different States to sell me some stuff and I would pick it up from them while I was on Holidays. One in Las Vegas, and one in Anaheim. Neither one would even respond to my e-mails asking if they would do it! And I e-mailed them way in advance, and tryed a couple of times before giving up. I have to admit... my feelings were a little hurt because everyone seems to be so "tight" and supportive of each other on here and it was almost like they were ignoring me on purpose. :(
Sounds kind of stupid I guess to be hurt by that.... must have been that time of the month or something lol. At least you had someone reply!! LOL
I guess if I had ever gotten a reply I could have been ripped off to!

Do you have her phone#? maybe she had something come up and just hasn't been checking her e-mails? :confused:

Wow, that sucks!!!I've purchased many things from US consultants on a different message board (not LMAD) and never had a problem. Sent them either paypal or US money order and received products we don't have or clothing from THEIR VIP which has a much better selection than ours.

I know I'd be PISSED if it happened to me and I would slam her name all over the place!!!!

I feel your pain hon! :mad:

Veevahchef said:
I have actually asked 2 different consultants in different States to sell me some stuff and I would pick it up from them while I was on Holidays. One in Las Vegas, and one in Anaheim. Neither one would even respond to my e-mails asking if they would do it! And I e-mailed them way in advance, and tryed a couple of times before giving up. I have to admit... my feelings were a little hurt because everyone seems to be so "tight" and supportive of each other on here and it was almost like they were ignoring me on purpose. :(
Sounds kind of stupid I guess to be hurt by that.... must have been that time of the month or something lol.

I think I'd take it personally and be pretty hurt too! :(

Wow! I'm really sorry that you've not gotten your stuff. I'm not from Canada and would love to sell you all anything you want. I hate that people are such sleaze balls. In my town there was a consultant a few years ago that actually scr*wed people over and now I either get someone she reamed or someone that uses another consultant.

I can't believe people would be so nasty! Hopefully she will come through for you!

As far as contacting Pampered Chef, I believe that we are not supposed to sell across the borders so I'm thinking they probably wouldn't help you there.

Consultants ARE allowed to sell to each other if we choose so I would think that ordering across borders to EACH OTHER would probably be okay but I doubt that PC will give you any assistance with the issue.

Do you have her phone number & could you try calling her?
How about her consultant number? If so could you call PC and see if they can track the package? I'm sure youve thought of both these things, guess I'm just trying to throw suggestions your way. I just feel so bad for you! If there is anything I can do on my end here in the US, please let me know. I'm so sorry this happened to you!!! :mad:

I'm sorry that you got burned. Some people I swear. If there is anything I can do to help out let me know... I agree with Cindy. Do you know her consultant number? If so HO should be able to find out about the order or at least give you some contact info on the consultant. I hope things work out. I know how it is to get burned on a transaction. Like I said if you need anything at all, let me know. Take Care!

That stinks. Don't let one person ruin your opinion of other consultants in the States though. There are tons on this and other boards that don't do business like that.

My advice next time is to send Paypal instead of a money order, at least you have a chance of getting your money back if no product. That is why I like using it and if they take credit card Paypal that is even better because if Paypal doesn't return your money (if it is over their 30 days), then you can call your credit card and they will help. I had this happen once on e-bay, was being nice and let it ride over 30 days, found out Paypal wouldn't help but my credit card credited me the money back that day and went to Paypal for their money. If they don't take Paypal find a consultant that will just to protect yourself that extra bit.

If you don't mind my asking what did she order for you?

You know there was another consultant not too long ago that was having problems with someone on this site not sending her some discontinued items that she had paid for. Wonder if it was the same person!

You could always call HO and pose as a customer, which you are.

Thanks everyone, I wish I would have used Paypal silly silly me. I ebay all the time and that's what I always use, but just thought that it was a fellow consultant and it would be fine. I don't have her phone number but I do have her address in Colorado Springs and will try looking it up. I just don't want to seem like a stocker (yes she may just have ripped me off but I still don't want to seem like a stocker lol).
I ordered 2 PC sets of kitchen towels,2 white spreaders,digital thermometer,cinnamon plus blend and delighful desserts cookbook. Melissa told me I could also get the new outdoor plates for free w/my order. I'm still hoping fingers crossed that my package will arrive on my doorstep safe and sound:rolleyes: You never know, I just can not stand the thought that there are people that will be nasty and rip you off. With that said I will continue to think that we have nothing but a smashing bunch of people on here and that most are good folks;)

jenniferlynne said:
You know there was another consultant not too long ago that was having problems with someone on this site not sending her some discontinued items that she had paid for. Wonder if it was the same person!

Really do you know which consultant? We should get together and compare notes:eek:

Yeah, I will send you a PM

Thanks so much Jennifer:)

I really want to get some of the patriotic stuff from the U.S. before it goes out, but I wish I could have picked it up from someone while I was out there. It would probably cost a couple of limbs worth to have it shipped to Canada!:eek:

Well, sounds like there are some lovely ladies on here that would be willing to help me out if I ever need again am I right?

I hope you get you stuff Rennea!
HEY... are you going to conference next week?
Who is coming to conference from Canada?? (The conference in Toronto silly):D

If you want anything, just let me know. I've got two parties that should be closing any day now (I hope). What is the best way to ship to Canada? UPS, Fed Ex, DHL? I don't even know.

jenniferlynne said:
If you want anything, just let me know. I've got two parties that should be closing any day now (I hope). What is the best way to ship to Canada? UPS, Fed Ex, DHL? I don't even know.

I would imagine UPS would be best, or just mail if it is packed right.

Thanks soooo much for the offer! But I may have to try to fix it so I can pick it up from someone. I know, i know... im the cheapest person in the world...LOL.

I will be in Seattle in October for a conference (My husbands) Anybody out there in Seattle that would sell me some stuff??

Jenniferlynne, I really appreciate you being so willing, I may just have to take you up on that in the future.....
wait a minute... your not the rennea bought her stuff from are you??
AAAHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA....just kidding...

Veevahchef said:
Jenniferlynne, I really appreciate you being so willing, I may just have to take you up on that in the future.....
wait a minute... your not the rennea bought her stuff from are you??
AAAHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA....just kidding...

You are very bad Veevachef LOL

I will not be attend the conference this year:(

Ha! No, I'm not. I was being sneaky though and trying to be a PI and figure out who it was. I went back over her threads until I found the one where she was looking for a US consultant. I saw the names of the people that offered to help, but none were from Colorado Springs like she said, so I hit a dead end. Oh well, that is what I get for being nosey.

So it costs that much to ship something from the US to Canada? I used to work for a printing company that shipped a lot of things to Canada. We only used DHL for shipping to Canada and we had to have a packing slip in the box with the value of the item(s). We always shipped next day to the border and then from there we couldn't say how long until they got their package. I guess things can get held up there for a couple of days.

It doesn't cost much to send things through the mail. It costs Canadians less to ship to the US then it does to ship in our own country. Very silly.....

Back to my LITTLE problem I did find this persons phone number on the web, if there is any consultants from Colorado out there please let me know I want to know if anybody knows this person. I did email her again today hope she answers this time.

Things don't get held up so much anymore. It was 9/11 that made security so tight on anything going back and forth for so long. Still more secure, but i think it is relaxing a bit now... a bit.

I actually think it is more to send to the States from Canada than it is going the other direction. Not sure why...:confused:

rennea said:
It doesn't cost much to send things through the mail. It costs Canadians less to ship to the US then it does to ship in our own country. Very silly.....

Back to my LITTLE problem I did find this persons phone number on the web, if there is any consultants from Colorado out there please let me know I want to know if anybody knows this person. I did email her again today hope she answers this time.

Actually, thats true in most cases. It costs me more to send something to Ontario than it does to send something to Texas!

IdeaOk I have an idea.....a girlfriend and I think that we should get in our car head down to Colorado Springs and put up huge flood lights and play music 24/7 in front of her home until I get my money back. Some would say it's a lot of trouble to get $130.00 back but it would be quite the adventure:D :D

Thema and Louies eat your heart out:D Ya does anybody want to contribute to my bail money lol. Just kidding of course;)

You are too funny!!!!

rennea said:
Ok I have an idea.....a girlfriend and I think that we should get in our car head down to Colorado Springs and put up huge flood lights and play music 24/7 in front of her home until I get my money back. Some would say it's a lot of trouble to get $130.00 back but it would be quite the adventure:D :D

Thema and Louies eat your heart out:D Ya does anybody want to contribute to my bail money lol. Just kidding of course;)

Sounds like fun AND you could write the trip off of your taxes since it would be a business trip. Hmmm....maybe you don't have the same tax benefits/system that we do but it'd still be fun!

Had the same problemI had the same problem. I know that there are lots of lovely, sweet, honest ladies on here but unfortunately there are also those who don't keep their word and are scammers!
I bought some products from a Katie East who is no longer on here. She took my money and it took her almost a month to ship out my stuff. Even though she emailed and said it has been mailed out already. A month later I finally got my stuff. The only reason she did was because I got onto her website before she cancelled it and got her home number and address.
I called and called until she finally sent my stuff. She never did call to apologize or to say anything.
She also scammed two or three other ladies on here. They never got their stuff. It's sad but we will run into people like that.
Can you please share her name so we can look out for her? Also you can try to look on her website if she has one to get her personal info. Let us know if we can help. Maybe if we all call she will get the hint!!
Debbie

Debbie: That's awful!!! But I am glad it eventually worked out. You sound like me--I'd call and call too. I would like the name of the person, so I, too can avoid her.

The nerve of some people. I have to admit that I get a little nervous when I purchase something from somebody. I in fact in most cases, like what I have sold to people on here, don't even ask for the money until it is shipped that way they know exactly how much the shipping is and know that I am not trying to scam them, it's a little scary that way also since you have shipped something and are hoping that the other end will take up their side also and send you the money, but I usually go paypal also.

I would just like to say that I purchased from BROOKE BAUMAN and she was fabulous and very honest!!!

As everyone is talking about their bad experiences, I would like to post a good one... A big hug goes to Karla aka Stoney5 for helping me out with some small serving tongs. Not everyone out there is bad and just wanted to let people know that I have had good luck with Chef Success trading...

I am very sorry to everyone that has been stiffed. If it comes down to it send a certified letter threatening to take them to small claims court. I've heard that it usually works. Good luck and keep us posted!

Sometimes things take longer to ship. Shipping in April is not excusable though! I sold some HWC cups and squares at the end of May and sent them from Alaska to Hawaii. She hasn't received them yet!!! It is NOT like they are walking over there!! There has to be a ship or flight to get them there, but still not there! Shipping in April is not excusable, and I am not talking about when things aren't sent at all, but remember that sometimes people are honest and things are lost or delayed.

Sometimes things take longer to ship. Shipping in April is not excusable though! I sold some HWC cups and squares at the end of May and sent them from Alaska to Hawaii. She hasn't received them yet!!! It is NOT like they are walking over there!! There has to be a ship or flight to get them there, but still not there! Shipping in April is not excusable, and I am not talking about when things aren't sent at all, but remember that sometimes people are honest and things are lost or delayed.

cmdtrgd said:
I would just like to say that I purchased from BROOKE BAUMAN and she was fabulous and very honest!!!

Thank you Kate. I try to treat a sale here just like I would a customer.

I would be happy to help anyone out who would like products ordered from the states also.

I'm mad/sad for all of you whom have encountered these nasty PC people. They give all of us a bad name. I have an aunt who had a problem with a PC lady also (she can't remember her name), the woman took her APSC to figure out what was wrong with it (it only needed a new blade). Well she is still waiting. I told my aunt what replacement part the lady should have ordered and gave her the 800 for customer service hoping they will send her a new one. She now buys her products through me, and pays the direct shipping.

DebbieSAChef said:
I had the same problem. I know that there are lots of lovely, sweet, honest ladies on here but unfortunately there are also those who don't keep their word and are scammers!
I bought some products from a Katie East who is no longer on here. She took my money and it took her almost a month to ship out my stuff. Even though she emailed and said it has been mailed out already. A month later I finally got my stuff. The only reason she did was because I got onto her website before she cancelled it and got her home number and address.
I called and called until she finally sent my stuff. She never did call to apologize or to say anything.
She also scammed two or three other ladies on here. They never got their stuff. It's sad but we will run into people like that.

I was one of those ladies...I emailed Katie 9 times and called her a dozen or so times over a 3 month period! She did respond to 2 of my emails and promised that the product was on it's way, but nope, never came. And she never returned any of my calls. Well, as Debbie knows, it was only $5, BUT STILL!

I did goof up once, though and sold something to a Cheffer on here and I forgot to mail it for 2 weeks. MOMMY BRAIN! But the Cheffer never called or emailed me to remind me and one day, I realized I never sent her stuff! (So I did finally with apology and an extra item to make up for it..) Please forgive me!!

cat said:
I did goof up once, though and sold something to a Cheffer on here and I forgot to mail it for 2 weeks. MOMMY BRAIN! But the Cheffer never called or emailed me to remind me and one day, I realized I never sent her stuff! (So I did finally with apology and an extra item to make up for it..) Please forgive me!!

That can happen.. Sounds like it was an honest mistake.

UpdateI emailed HO and told them about my problem. I explained what I had ordered and paid for. I gave them her name and address. Well I got response, they are getting a hold of her and wanted to know if I had a receipt and how did I pay. Well I don't have a receipt:rolleyes: but I do have a copy of the postal money order!!! They are going to keep in touch w/me and let me know when the get a hold of her:) Keeping fingers and toes crossed that this all works out!!!!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chezshelly
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3girls
  • gailz2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Ginger428