• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Avoiding Costly Mistakes: How HO Reps Saved My Summer Catalog Order

In summary, the speaker made a costly mistake by ordering the wrong catalogs for their business. They were able to get them exchanged with the help of a sympathetic representative at headquarters. The speaker also shares a similar experience with ordering the wrong item and how they were able to resolve it. They also mention sharing their earnings with their team and being grateful for their team's support.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I made a VERY expensive mistake.
You know how I won teh 500 cattys at NC?
Well, I cashed in the PC$ they sent me to order 400 of them the other day - 50 for each of my consultants that attended NC and the rest for me.

They arrived today and I realized I'd mistakenly ordered SUMMER catalogs :cry:
Thankfully I got a sympathetic rep at HO who pulled some strings to get the cattys exchanged.
I was SO upset when I called I could barely get the words out.
I am so emotionally drained now!

All I can say is PHEEEEEEEEW!!! That would have been a lot to replce and I know you can use the old ones but still!!!

And how would I have explained it all to my team - they were counting on me to give them these catalogs!

Carolyn, I'm SO glad they worked it all out for you! That would have been awful! YAY for a great HO!

OMG! How SCARY!! Thank goodness for a sympathetic rep!

So, they gave you PC $$'s for them? If so, how cool!

I can feel your pain!! SOOOOOO glad HO worked with you on this one! Once I ordered several catalogs because I thought they were on sale...silly me!!! Like you, I received the selling season that was ending or had just ended. I recycled them since HO would not take them back:grumpy:

I am so glad that they sometimes will stretch the no return on supplies rule when they can truly see it was a total mistake.

When I was in my first year we had that big $100 rolling crate on the top of the supply list. It was the defalt in PP on that list too. Well I had earned it in the Super Star program. A few months later I was sending in an order, printed my receipt went back to the order screen and ordered. When the rolling crate arrived at my door I was so confused. I went back to my PP and THERE IT WAS - ORDERED and $100 charged to my card.:eek::cry:

I immediately called and told them of my mistake. At first they said no returns but when I persisted, said I earned one and why would I need two, pointed out that it was the defalt on PP and I can't imagine how it got ordered... I didn't get upset with them but I was SO upset. Well, they ended up sending a call ticket for it and giving me a $100 supply credit - I couldn't get my money back but I could use it for other supplies - THANK GOD!

A couple months later I almost did it again but I was being very careful to watch that $$ total before submitting. I emailed HO and asked them to please move something less expensive into the defalt position because this almost happened to me a second time. A month or so after that they did move the defalt to something that was like $1.25 or so.

you know what I think is awesome??!??! That you SHARED your windfall with your team!! they are very lucky to have you as a Director!

amy07 said:
you know what I think is awesome??!??! That you SHARED your windfall with your team!! they are very lucky to have you as a Director!

Thanks, but how could I not, ya know?
Without my team I would not be a Director...

dannyzmom said:
Thanks, but how could I not, ya know?
Without my team I would not be a Director...

You're awesome Carolyn! (The sad truth is there are many who wouldn't share....your gals better love you, otherwise, we're all going to come down and have a "chat" with them...;))

Related to Avoiding Costly Mistakes: How HO Reps Saved My Summer Catalog Order

1. How can I avoid costly mistakes when placing my summer catalog order through HO reps?

To avoid costly mistakes, it is important to carefully review your order before submitting it. Make sure all items and quantities are correct, and double check the shipping address. It is also helpful to communicate clearly with your HO rep and provide any necessary information or changes in a timely manner.

2. What should I do if I notice a mistake on my order after it has been placed through an HO rep?

If you notice a mistake on your order after it has been placed, contact your HO rep as soon as possible. They may be able to make changes or adjustments before the order is processed. If the order has already been processed, they can assist you in finding a solution or making any necessary returns or exchanges.

3. Can I make changes to my order after it has been submitted through an HO rep?

Once an order has been submitted through an HO rep, changes cannot be made. This is why it is important to carefully review your order before submitting it. However, you can contact your HO rep to see if any adjustments can be made or if a new order needs to be placed.

4. Are there any fees associated with making changes to an order placed through an HO rep?

In most cases, there should not be any additional fees for making changes to an order placed through an HO rep. However, if there are any fees or charges, your HO rep will inform you and provide options for how to proceed.

5. How can I ensure that my summer catalog order through HO reps is processed accurately and efficiently?

To ensure accuracy and efficiency, it is important to provide all necessary information and communicate clearly with your HO rep. Review your order before submitting it and follow up with your HO rep if you have any questions or concerns. You can also track your order through your Pampered Chef account to stay updated on its status.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• scottcooks
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
legacypc46
Back