• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Attn, Milwaukee (Wi) Area Cheffers

In summary, the conversation is about a person who will be in the area from Thursday, September 6 to Saturday, September 9 and is looking for someone to hang out with. They will be staying at their sister's house in Fox Point and will be attending an Ironman Triathlon in Madison with their family. They are open to doing activities such as going to the Sprecher Brewery for a tour and trying different flavors of their soda. They also mention possibly bringing some back to share with friends in Michigan. They are hoping to find someone to hang out with during their stay, but they don't have a car and are not familiar with the area.
chefann
Gold Member
I'm gonna be in the area Thurs. Sept. 6 through Sat. Sept. 9. Who wants to get together to hang out?

Here are the details:
DH is dropping me off at my sister's house in Fox Point LATE Wednesday, then he's heading back south into Illinois for a car show. I'll be chillin' with my sister and her family until Sunday morning, when we'll all pile into their minivan and head to Madison, where my other sister and BIL are participating in an Ironman Triathlon. :)eek:) Then it's back to Fox Creek for the night, and back to Michigan on Monday.

I'd love to get together, however, I won't have a car. I may be able to borrow my sister's, but then she's "trapped" at home with the kids. And I'm not real familiar with the area - I can find things on Port Washington Road, and that's about it. :)

Anyone up for a beer run or custard? Sis did her college internship at Sprecher Brewery, and usually gets special treatment on the tours - so that's an option, too. (mmm.... root beer... and ginger ale... and orange dream...)

http://www.foodspot.com/leons/photos/leons.jpg

Yes, yes, yes. I know. It's not exactly within walking distance, but if I can snag the car or someone can pick me up...

Or I can convince sis to take the kiddos out for a treat with me... :) (And she definitely knows where it is because she went to Alverno and Leon's is right off campus)

Mmmmm Sprechers Rootbeer! It's our favorite! We can't get any flavors but rootbeer - Costco sells the rootbeer. Hey - take your Sprechers Rootbeer to Leons and make Rootbeer/custard floats!

DARN!! :grumpy:

I was in the area TWICE this summer (actually 3 times since March)! Too bad we didn't time it better and I could join you!

Becky- you have GOT to try the Orange Dream. It tastes like a melted creamsicle. And the ginger ale is super dry - it's pinchy one's mouth.

They give tours at the brewery for $2 a person, including 5 (I think) drink tickets. The tour ends in the sampling room, where you turn in tix for small cups of beer. Soda samples are "free." If you have extra tix at the end, you can redeem those in the gift shop for tour tix. I think sis always has a couple of tour tix on her fridge from when family come to town and don't use all their drink tickets.

My ex & his wife are doing that triathalon. Watch for the last guy at the end. ;) That will be him. LOL!!

chefann said:
Becky- you have GOT to try the Orange Dream. It tastes like a melted creamsicle. And the ginger ale is super dry - it's pinchy one's mouth.

They give tours at the brewery for $2 a person, including 5 (I think) drink tickets. The tour ends in the sampling room, where you turn in tix for small cups of beer. Soda samples are "free." If you have extra tix at the end, you can redeem those in the gift shop for tour tix. I think sis always has a couple of tour tix on her fridge from when family come to town and don't use all their drink tickets.

I am such a loyal Vernors girl.........but I'd be willing to try it!:D

ChefBeckyD said:
I am such a loyal Vernors girl.........but I'd be willing to try it!:D
Maybe I'll bring some back from this trip and we can have it on the 22nd. My parents have been known to bring cases of the beer back with them.

When I was a kid, we smuggled oleomargarine from Michigan to Wisconsin. Now you're smugglng beer from Wisconsin to Michigan!How times change!

Not smuggling. Carrying home for personal consumption. :D

We brought home a six pack of Spotted Cow (New Glairis Brewing Company) this last visit. Very good!

Back on track...

Anyone want to do something that weekend? KG just called me and is open to hangin' out, barring work commitments.

chefann said:
I'm gonna be in the area Thurs. Sept. 6 through Sat. Sept. 9. Who wants to get together to hang out?

Here are the details:
DH is dropping me off at my sister's house in Fox Point LATE Wednesday, then he's heading back south into Illinois for a car show. I'll be chillin' with my sister and her family until Sunday morning, when we'll all pile into their minivan and head to Madison, where my other sister and BIL are participating in an Ironman Triathlon. :)eek:) Then it's back to Fox Creek for the night, and back to Michigan on Monday.

I'd love to get together, however, I won't have a car. I may be able to borrow my sister's, but then she's "trapped" at home with the kids. And I'm not real familiar with the area - I can find things on Port Washington Road, and that's about it. :)

Anyone up for a beer run or custard? Sis did her college internship at Sprecher Brewery, and usually gets special treatment on the tours - so that's an option, too. (mmm.... root beer... and ginger ale... and orange dream...)

OMG My boss' husband is doing this ironman!! what a small world :)

It's my sister's 7th, I think, and BIL's 9th. The first couple they did were in Zurich, Switzerland. They each have the Ironman "M" tattooed on themselves. *cough*freaks*cough* The worst one they did was in San Diego several years back. The Marines helped the organizers lay out the course, but they forgot to reset their GPS from nautical miles to statute miles, so the swim was almost half a mile longer than it should have been, and both years the event was held there (it was eliminated from the list of locations after 2 years), there were participant deaths on the route. :eek:

One of my friends believes that when you are born, you are assigned X number of heartbeats. When your allotment is used up, POOF! you're gone.So, why would you want to speed up your heart rate and use up your alloted ticks faster?[size=]You can imagine what he looks like, too.[/size]

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
One of my friends believes that when you are born, you are assigned X number of heartbeats. When your allotment is used up, POOF! you're gone.

So, why would you want to speed up your heart rate and use up your alloted ticks faster?

You can imagine what he looks like, too.
Which sounds good in theory. But then you have to take into account that all the exercise actually LOWERS your resting heart rate. By BIL (the Ironman nutcase) was in the hospital overnight a couple of years ago for some tests. His resting heart rate is around 38 BPM - just below the threshhold on the monitors. He kept setting the alarms off, and got sick of telling the nurses that all he was doing was lying in bed!

Dang it Ann... I will be there over Labor Day weekend... too bad :(

Well, the 7th and 8th I'm at another Girl Scout thing...so I guess I can't make it. That stinks. I'm about 50 minutes north of Milwaukee...but post what the plans are. If I can make it, I'll be there! I'd love to meet you, and KG. That would be way too cool!

Anyone? Bueller?

Right now, it's just me and KG hanging out, buggin' my sister. There's a large new mall nearby with a Trader Joe's and some great common space (so sis tells me) - we can meet there.

chefann said:
Which sounds good in theory. But then you have to take into account that all the exercise actually LOWERS your resting heart rate. By BIL (the Ironman nutcase) was in the hospital overnight a couple of years ago for some tests. His resting heart rate is around 38 BPM - just below the threshhold on the monitors. He kept setting the alarms off, and got sick of telling the nurses that all he was doing was lying in bed!
If we could hook him up to a turntable, he could almost play my old vinyl collection.

chefann said:
Anyone? Bueller?

Right now, it's just me and KG hanging out, buggin' my sister. There's a large new mall nearby with a Trader Joe's and some great common space (so sis tells me) - we can meet there.

I would normally love to come down but we still have campers up here and my mom is coming up the next weekend so I need to get things done. :(

I hope you have a good time and go to 27th street and have some Leon's for me!

...and what is Trader Joe's? Never been to one????

By the way, KG, when did that HUGE Cabellas open up in Germantown????
I came through that way the weekend of August 4th and saw it for the first time.

Forget the Trader Joe's question - just looked it up...

janetupnorth said:
By the way, KG, when did that HUGE Cabellas open up in Germantown????
I came through that way the weekend of August 4th and saw it for the first time.

I'm not KG, nor do I play him on television.....

Janet, Cabela's opened about a year ago in Richfield. We took our Girl Scouts there on a field trip a few months ago. It's pretty neat in there.

Hey, Cheeseheads! (but I mean that in the nicest way :) )

I'll be in your area one week from today. If nobody wants to do anything, then I guess it'll just be KG and me, hangin' out at Leon's and Sprecher. :D

chefann said:
Hey, Cheeseheads! (but I mean that in the nicest way :) )

I'll be in your area one week from today. If nobody wants to do anything, then I guess it'll just be KG and me, hangin' out at Leon's and Sprecher. :D
LOL!! Wish I was closer. Being in MA doesn't help. Hope you find someone to meet up with. But KG will keep you entertained I am sure! ;)

Wish I was closer, but I'm not.

Noone? I'll have my 'puter with me, so PM or post a message in this thread...

No one?Oy, vay!What am I? Chopped liver?

I'm sorry. I meant no one else. So do I get to meet the Kat Lady?

Hey Ann,

Are you available on the 7th? Both my kids are in school, Elyse all day and Michael in half-day kindergarten. His bus picks him up at 12:15 and I'd have a couple hours FREE in the afternoon!!!! I could pick you up and we could go over to the newly remodeled mall for a couple of hours (haven't been there since the changes) or even just to lunch (Cheesecake Factory is there). On the 8th we have Dozer Day, a big boy-toy kind of thing, so that day's out.

Hoping the 7th works - would love to see you again!

7th, that's Friday... (I'm rebooting my brain from being turned off for the long weekend.) Nothin' specific so far. I'm always available for Cheesecake Factory. :D I'll PM you my cell number, or you can always email me at [email protected]

Ohh... Leon's... I had it for the first time yesterday! Yumm! Ann and KG I am very jealous of you 2 next weekend! I just returned from my 1st Milwaukee trip and it was very fun (except for the 6 hr drive each way)! I also went to my first pic 'n save and thought of CS! Hope you 2 have fun!

Well, if you really like pic 'n' slave that much, just go to Rainbow Foods up there. It's owned by Roundy's, too.

If I weren't so busy that weekend, I'd join you! It's been awhile since I've had Copp's Custard or a Kringle from Racine...Enjoy your visit! :)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Well, if you really like pic 'n' slave that much, just go to Rainbow Foods up there. It's owned by Roundy's, too.

I didn't really get excited about the store itself (I knew I recognized the Roundy's brand from somewhere...), it was more about the fact that I now understand what some of what y'all are talking about, when talking about the Pic 'n Save and the great deals. and now thanks to your detective work kg I can get them myself up here! thanks!

Joelen said:
If I weren't so busy that weekend, I'd join you! It's been awhile since I've had Copp's Custard or a Kringle from Racine...

Enjoy your visit! :)
Kopp's?

:eek:

Nah, we're goin' top shelf - we're goin' to LEON'S!

Related to Attn, Milwaukee (Wi) Area Cheffers

1. Can I borrow a car to hang out with you?

I may be able to borrow my sister's car, but she will be "trapped" at home with her kids. It is also possible for us to take public transportation or arrange for transportation through a ride-sharing service.

2. What are some fun activities we can do while hanging out?

We can go on a beer run or visit a custard shop. We also have the option of visiting Sprecher Brewery, where my sister did her college internship and may be able to get us special treatment on the tour.

3. Do you have any recommendations for places to visit in the Milwaukee area?

I am not very familiar with the area, but I can find things on Port Washington Road. If you have any specific places in mind, I can try to make arrangements to get there.

4. How long will you be in the Milwaukee area?

I will be in the area from Thursday, September 6th through Saturday, September 9th.

5. Can you join us for the Ironman Triathlon in Madison on Sunday?

I will be heading to Madison on Sunday to support my other sister and brother-in-law in the Ironman Triathlon. However, I will be back in the Milwaukee area on Sunday night.

Back