• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apple and Doughy Batter Recipe: Help Needed | Old PC Recipe Search

In summary, friend #2 was reminiscing about an old PC recipe that had apples and something in a doughy batter, and was asking if anyone had the recipe or knew which book it might be in. Some suggestions were the apple crisp, taffy apple pizza, cherry cheese coffee cake, apple beer bread, and Nancy's apple bread. Another friend (friend #1) found a recipe for an apple nut ring using refrigerator biscuits, apples, butter, sugar, and cinnamon.
redsoxgirl
A friend was talking to a friend this weekend and friend #2 was talking about an old PC recipe that had "apples and something in a doughy batter".

Does that sound familiar to anyone??
If so, do you either have the recipe or know which book it might be in?

I know it's a long shot, but thanks in advance :chef:

all I can think of is the Apple Crisp.......

Taffy apple pizza?

hmmm... I'm thinking the cherry cheese coffee cake with apples instead of cherries obviously! Or the The taffy apple pizza. Was it on top of the batter thingy or all baked in?

the apple variation of the beer bread, maybe.There was also something called Nancy's Apple Bread in one of the old cookbooks. I'll try to remember to find it later. (It's probably on joycesfinerecipes.com, though)

Geez, look at that. 4 responses within one minute of posting it!

Here's the apple bread:Apple BreadBread
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 medium applesCrumb Mixture
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons sugar
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons butter, coldPreheat oven to 350 degrees.Cream butter and sugar together in the Classic Batter Bowl. Dissolve baking soda in lemon juice. Combine baking soda mixture, eggs, and vanilla with butter mixture. Beat mixtures together. Peel, core and slice apples and coarsely chop the apple slices. Gently fold apples into butter.Combine crumbs ingredients, cutting in butter to get a coarse crumb texture. Spoon 1/2 of the batter into greased loaf pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 crumb mixture. Press crumbs gently into surface of batter.Bake 1 hour 15 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove bread and cool completely on cooling rack before slicing.Yields: 1 loaf--16 slices

What about those puff things we had a few years back....

thanks for the help everyone!!

my friend (friend #1) googled and thinks it might be this

Apple Nut Ring

2 packages refrigerator biscuits
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
2 medium granny smith apples
1/3 cup nuts (you can omit these if you don't like nuts)
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 separate biscuits and place in round deep dish stone or fluted pan or any nonstick pan. Arrange biscuits. Peel and cut apples into thin 1/4 inch slices (little wedges) then arrange between each biscuit. Melt butter and mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over biscuit/apples then drizzle butter over the whole thing. bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.

What is "Do You Know This Recipe?"

"Do You Know This Recipe?" is a feature on the Pampered Chef website where users can search for specific recipes or ingredients to find new and delicious meal ideas.

How do I search for a recipe on "Do You Know This Recipe?"

To search for a recipe on "Do You Know This Recipe?", simply type in the name of the recipe or the main ingredient in the search bar and hit enter. You can also use the advanced search options to filter by cuisine, dietary restrictions, and more.

Can I save recipes from "Do You Know This Recipe?" to my account?

Yes, you can save recipes from "Do You Know This Recipe?" to your account by clicking the "Save Recipe" button on the recipe page. This will save the recipe to your "My Recipes" section for easy access in the future.

Are all the recipes on "Do You Know This Recipe?" from Pampered Chef?

No, "Do You Know This Recipe?" features a variety of recipes from different sources, including Pampered Chef. Each recipe will have a source listed so you know where it comes from.

Can I submit my own recipe to "Do You Know This Recipe?"

Currently, "Do You Know This Recipe?" only features recipes from a select group of sources. However, if you have a recipe you would like to see featured, you can contact Pampered Chef and they may consider adding it to the website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyCooks
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
KellyCooks
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • mountainmama74