• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

App State: Dominating on the Field and in College Choices - ESPN Columnist"

In summary, Tom is a freshman at Appalachian State and his father is a huge Notre Dame fan. They are both going to Parent Weekend at Appalachian State and their son also has a Brady Quinn ND jersey.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
SO does my son know how to pick a college or what?? :thumbup: :cool: Tom is a freshman at Appalachian State. I have the link here to boast on the football team! They have been the AA National Champs for the last 2 years and now have been the first in history to beat a top ranked Big 10 team (#5).

Parent Weekend is September 15th and guess who will be going to that football game? GO APP STATE! :balloon:

ESPN - Forde: Hail to the victors - Columnist

How fun Beth! Being an alumni of University of Illinois - we so do enjoy seeing Michigan get beaten in any sport!:)

That's awesome! :thumbup:
When DH called yesterday, he couldn't believe that Michigan lost... but he's glad they did. (He's a huge Notre Dame fan) lol

ahammons said:
When DH called yesterday, he couldn't believe that Michigan lost... but he's glad they did. (He's a huge Notre Dame fan) lol

my husband is also a HUGE notre dame fan, he's actually obsessed. he has a tattoo of the leprechaun on his leg. lol. of course my son has every jersey they have, and might be brady quinn for halloween. lol (he's 3)

Very cool - Go App State!! As a Penn Stater, it's always nice to see Michigan lose, too! ;) Sorry to all of my Michigan friends, though - it would have been awful if we were the ones to lose to them!! :eek:

ginamkiely said:
my husband is also a HUGE notre dame fan, he's actually obsessed. he has a tattoo of the leprechaun on his leg. lol. of course my son has every jersey they have, and might be brady quinn for halloween. lol (he's 3)
2 of my sons are too - no tatoos that I know of though - lol. My grandson has several jerseys and one of my son's email is ndgreenfan...

It doesn't really matter...this little video will tell you who's going to win the Big Ten anyway.

ginamkiely said:
Well, he doesn't have a ND tattoo - yet! lol He's talked about it, but I think he decided on something different for his next one! :D Our 3yr old has a Brady Quinn ND jersey, and DH has 2 or 3 of them. And he already has his Browns jersey! lol The other day, he asked if he could get Browns jerseys for me and the boys... now they'll have to split their time wearing Quinn's jersey with their Colts ones! lol

That would be so cute for a Halloween costume!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
It doesn't really matter...this little video will tell you who's going to win the Big Ten anyway.
Sorry, but I found that video very annoying...

But I do agree that it would be awesome if the Badgers won the Big Ten!! I am a fan of all things WI! Badgers, Brewers and especially Packers!

...what would really be sweet is if WI would beat MI for the championship!

...ASU beat Michigan and then they get to the final game and Wisconsin beats them so ASU might have beat the champ if they had had the chance...

My DH is a HUGE Ohio State fan & doesn't like Michigan either (that's putting it mildly!). He was VERY happy to see the result of the game yesterday & keeps watching the highlights on Sports Center. A friend of mine's husband is a huge Michigan fan--won't be calling over there for awhile!

BethCooks4U said:
Sorry, but I found that video very annoying...
Of course, it's annoying.

I wouldn't send anyone there if it weren't.

ahammons said:
Well, he doesn't have a ND tattoo - yet! lol He's talked about it, but I think he decided on something different for his next one! :D Our 3yr old has a Brady Quinn ND jersey, and DH has 2 or 3 of them. And he already has his Browns jersey! lol The other day, he asked if he could get Browns jerseys for me and the boys... now they'll have to split their time wearing Quinn's jersey with their Colts ones! lol

That would be so cute for a Halloween costume!

I CANNOT find a Brady Quinn Brown's jersey for my son ANYWHERE. I've been looking since draft day. lol.

My son is 3 so now he loves to wear his ND #3 jersey (joe montana. woo hoo) and he said look mom i'm 3 years old! lol. kids!

pamperedgirl3 said:
My DH is a HUGE Ohio State fan & doesn't like Michigan either (that's putting it mildly!). He was VERY happy to see the result of the game yesterday & keeps watching the highlights on Sports Center. A friend of mine's husband is a huge Michigan fan--won't be calling over there for awhile!
Ah, yes - THE Ohio State University.

The only school in history to lose the national championship, in the same year, in both Football AND basketball and TO THE SAME SCHOOL.

Guess what highlights the Michigan fans watch over and over?

ginamkiely said:
I CANNOT find a Brady Quinn Brown's jersey for my son ANYWHERE. I've been looking since draft day. lol.

My son is 3 so now he loves to wear his ND #3 jersey (joe montana. woo hoo) and he said look mom i'm 3 years old! lol. kids!
http://nfl.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p3741516t130.jpg

It's here.

ginamkiely said:

My DH got his in Korea - that's where he found the kids sizes too. I haven't even tried looking here yet. :)

Kids are too funny sometimes! ... Is it bad that my 3yr can say Samardzija as clear as a bell? lol

Thanks Kitchen Guy! I'll have to see if there's anything else DH would like. As for me, I'll be shopping for Colts apparel! :D I'll have to wear my Quinn jersey when they play though. :rolleyes: Maybe DH will decide that I'm bad luck again... a couple of years ago, he forbid me to wear any of my ND clothing on game day b/c they always lost when I did! lol

I have a #18 Colts home jersey - I bought it in Indy on draft day (everyone knew who they were going to pick so they were already made up) because I happened to be in town on business. (I also happen to have a #16 Tennessee jersey and I suppose I should get a Saints throwback jersey with Peyton's dad's retired number on it.)I've been known to wear that jersey while wearing a GB Packer hat, which always manages to get a few strange looks.I suppose I have to get Eli's Giant's jersey, too, just to be fair.And no, I'm not related unless it's very, very distantly. It's just not that often that someone with the same name, like Rick or Ricky (!) makes it into major sports.

Both of my kids have outgrown their Colts jerseys (Manning and Harrison), so I'll have to get them new ones. Well, I guess I could be cheap and just pass down the Manning one to my youngest. lol
They also have Chargers jerseys b/c my FIL is a huge fan. My dad loves the Colts, and gets season tickets every year... it was pretty interesting when he took my FIL to the Chargers/Colts game! He was the only Chargers fan in that section! lol

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
http://nfl.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p3741516t130.jpg

It's here.
OMG, thank you so much!! you are my husband's new best friend. lol. thanks again, i ordered it already.

GOD I LOVE THIS SITE!! lol :D :D :D :D

ahammons said:
Both of my kids have outgrown their Colts jerseys (Manning and Harrison), so I'll have to get them new ones. Well, I guess I could be cheap and just pass down the Manning one to my youngest. lol
They also have Chargers jerseys b/c my FIL is a huge fan. My dad loves the Colts, and gets season tickets every year... it was pretty interesting when he took my FIL to the Chargers/Colts game! He was the only Chargers fan in that section! lol
At the price of those things, I'd hand it down.

(This, from the last kid in a long line of cousins, who got all the hand-me-downs,)

Tell me about it! lol

This lady who sits behind my dad at the games, pointed out a necklace she wants her DH to get for her b-day. It's a diamond and sapphire colts necklace ... I would hate to see the price tag on that sucker! :eek:

ahammons said:

Personally I hope that Notre Dame goes down next week, I was born and raised a Penn State fan.

It's always nice to see Michigan go down. We are huge Ohio State fans and my step sister and her husband are Michigan fans, so it was great to give them a call yesterday. Can't wait to Ohio State beat Michigan. My DS came downstairs yesterday (he is 8) and said "mom only 78 days till Ohio State plays Michigan". He can't wait till that game.

What will you do when Michigan beats OSU? You know that the Wolverines have had that date circled since last season.

Michigan Season Ticket Holder checking in here...

And even here on Chef Success they taunt me!

I can honestly say my boys didn't play well. Mistakes, and not being able to adapt. Every team that is coming our way this season is watching the tapes from Saturday's game to see if they can replicate that disaster.

But don't count us out just yet. We're Michigan.

BethCooks4U said:
SO does my son know how to pick a college or what?? :thumbup: :cool: Tom is a freshman at Appalachian State. I have the link here to boast on the football team! They have been the AA National Champs for the last 2 years and now have been the first in history to beat a top ranked Big 10 team (#5).

Parent Weekend is September 15th and guess who will be going to that football game? GO APP STATE! :balloon:

ESPN - Forde: Hail to the victors - Columnist

Hey, Beth - my nephew is a freshman there, too! He's an exceptionally good baseball player :D

MomToEli said:
Hey, Beth - my nephew is a freshman there, too! He's an exceptionally good baseball player :D
PM me his name and I'll see if DS happens to know him (of course there are a ton of freshmen so the chances are slim but you never know)!

My son can see most of the football field from his dorm window - VERY close. Of course students get into the games for free so he will most likely NOT watch games from his room (unless the weather's just too bad).

chefheidi2003 said:
Personally I hope that Notre Dame goes down next week, I was born and raised a Penn State fan.

We're everywhere! I love it! :)

Oh, and KG, I AM related to a former pro footballer - it's cool! :D (Ever heard of "Invincible"? Yeah, he's my cousin...) :)

We're related to Steve Young. Most would recognize that name. (Brigham Young University then SF 49ers)

Brigham Young was named for his grandmother's maiden name and Steve is related to BY. We are also.

Hey, it's shirttail but when you're talking football...

And my niece babysat for Brett Favre's kids.

And Brett Favre's daughter is a freshman in college - he has team mates that are just out of college.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
What will you do when Michigan beats OSU? You know that the Wolverines have had that date circled since last season.

Well, perhaps they should have circled Sept 1!

It would not surprise me if Michigan ran the table from here...except in Camp Randall, of course. ;)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
It would not surprise me if Michigan ran the table from here...except in Camp Randall, of course. ;)
And that would make ASU look even better - we did beat them. :love:

cathyskitchen said:
We're everywhere! I love it! :)

Oh, and KG, I AM related to a former pro footballer - it's cool! :D (Ever heard of "Invincible"? Yeah, he's my cousin...) :)

I can't say that I am related to any sports greats but...my sister was good friends with Kerry Collins before the coach wouldn't let him play because his son was also a quarterback so Kerry's parents put him in a different school. Frank Reich's dad taught at my HS, and Sam Bowie (basketball) graduated from my high school. We have good sports ties here where I am from.

Also Cathy we are not too far apart, maybe 2 hours at the most.

Last edited:
Thats cool Beth! My best friend went to ASU so I spent alot of time visiting her there in the early '80s. I know alot of kids there now and it is sweet indeed!

I just keep picturing a former neighbor in NoVa who was a HUGE Michigan fan. He had the flags, the clothes and he was loud and he was always knocking any team that was playing Michigan - especially southerners and he put down UNC constantly. (Everyteam has somebody like that - no offense to Mi fans)....but it just did my heart a little good for a team from our state to beat Michigan.

BethCooks4U said:
And my niece babysat for Brett Favre's kids.

NOW you're talking about the man:D We're actually debating on getting tickets to the Packers/Chiefs game just to see him play again. We would much rather go back to Lambeau, but since they're coming to within a few hours of us, it's really tempting! We could be some of the few in green among all the red!

That was a very cool college game; my dh couldn't believe it.

Lacy, Packer fans often travel to road games - it's easier to get tickets than it is in Lambeau. I've seen the Packers play at old County Stadium in Milwaukee (I saw Reggie White separate Brett's shoulder when he played for Philly) but I've never been to a game at Lambeau.Cindy, I know several people in Columbus who are the same way about OSU.My brother, The Rocket Scientist, has a couple of his degrees from Michigan. (He's got more degrees than a thermometer.) He lives in Huntsville, AL and there is a large contingency there from both schools. I was there one year when THE game of the year was on, so we went to a sports bar to watch THE game on a large TV. The room was filled - half in red, half in maize & blue. Michigan won that year, but there was no razzing or abuse - everyone was quite civil about the whole thing.Although, one guy DID want to know why I was wearing a Badgers shirt.

lacychef said:
NOW you're talking about the man:D We're actually debating on getting tickets to the Packers/Chiefs game just to see him play again. We would much rather go back to Lambeau, but since they're coming to within a few hours of us, it's really tempting! We could be some of the few in green among all the red!

That was a very cool college game; my dh couldn't believe it.
Debating???

Why would there even be a debate whether to attend a Packer game?:confused:

Because Arrowhead is an outdoor crazy factory.

Exactly KG! We find some Chiefs fans really obnoxious, hehe:p Actually it's just a money issue more than anything that we're debating about.

KG and Lacy are exactly right! We just moved from living within an hour of KC... most of their fans are annoying! :) Trust me, we had plenty of them living very close to us. lol

I feel your pain! Sad thing is, I have an aunt that is one of those fans. She and her husband actually got married at Arrowhead stadium, out at their tailgate party! (2nd marriage)

Related to App State: Dominating on the Field and in College Choices - ESPN Columnist"

1. How has Appalachian State's football team been performing in recent years?

Appalachian State's football team has been dominating on the field, winning the AA National Championship for the last 2 years and making history by beating a top ranked Big 10 team (#5).

2. Is Appalachian State a good choice for college?

Yes, Appalachian State is a great choice for college. It offers a strong academic program and a vibrant campus life, as well as a successful football team.

3. Who is Tom and what is his role at Appalachian State?

Tom is a freshman at Appalachian State and likely a student at the university. His role may vary depending on his involvement in different extracurricular activities and organizations.

4. When is Parent Weekend at Appalachian State and what can parents expect?

Parent Weekend is on September 15th at Appalachian State. Parents can expect to attend the football game and other events organized by the university to showcase campus life and involvement opportunities for students.

5. What is the significance of the ESPN article written by columnist Pat Forde?

The ESPN article written by columnist Pat Forde highlights the success of Appalachian State's football team and brings attention to the university's overall achievements. It also boosts school spirit and pride among students, alumni, and fans.

Back