• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has the Drop in Oil Prices Silenced the Doomsayers?

In summary, oil prices have hit a new low with a barrel closing at $87.81, causing concern for OPEC and Iran. Gas prices have also dropped, with some areas seeing prices as low as $2.99 per gallon. However, there are still areas experiencing gas shortages and the prices may go up again in the future. There is also speculation that the drop in prices may be attributed to the upcoming election.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Where are all the doomsayers now?

Oil closed at $87.81 today, the lowest it's been in a long, long time.

Iran said $100 a barrel was too low and urged members to respect their output targets to prevent oversupply from worsening.

Doesn't that just break your heart? Iran whining about oil prices.

Where's Maxine Waters? Isn't she still trying to socialize the oil companies?

Yeah...noticed it was down to 3.719 here...even got as low as 3.699 at Walmart! Wonder what the new excuse will be to raise it again?

I heard it was $2.99 somewhere here this weekend. By my house it is at $3.05 right now. I am super excited - now if it would only stay there or get lower!

The markets are quite volatile right now, even OPEC is worried.Enjoy the low prices while they're here, if the markets start to settle down, the prices will go up again. OPEC is scheduled to meet in December, too.

On the Navy base its $3.48 the army base is at $3.52 and out in town the lowest I saw was $3.61! Welcome to Northern California~ the Central Coast!

I paid $2.91 for it last week. :)

Must be election time ...

I paid 3.19 last week, but it is down to 2.91 at WalMart and 2.95 at other gas stations. Glad for the price break, but wish I could have waited 1 day to fill up...lol

Yeah its pretty bad that gas is cheaper in Cali than in Tennessee. Here is is anywhere from $3.71-$4.25 and thats only if you can find a station that has gas. Yes for some strange reason the south is in a gas shortage. Nobody here has figured that one out yet. :grumpy:

jbdowd0798 said:
On the Navy base its $3.48 the army base is at $3.52 and out in town the lowest I saw was $3.61! Welcome to Northern California~ the Central Coast!

Here on base it was 3.68 yesterday...

I paid $3.08 yesterday.

It is $3.39 in North Central PA right now. Of course I just got a new SUV that requires premium fuel so I pay $3.69 to fill up my car. But it is better than over the summer!!

I paid $3.38 the other day.....the lowest its been here in 6 months

It's $3.49 - $3.61 here in NC.

Last night I saw prices from $3.81 - $4.25 and some stations still don't have any.

I saw 3.03 yesterday. It has been dropping pretty quick here. Very unusual. I think it dropped 3 times in the last week.

I paid $3.69 yesterday, and thought that wasn't so bad...long gone are the $2.15 and less days for us...

you know what is sad? up here in alaska it is still 3.99! it might have gone down a few pennies, but last i saw yesterday, on and off base was in the 3.90ies. we have our own pipeline for crying out loud! maybe if we had our own refineries we wouldn't have to ship it in from else where and pay more for it.:grumpy:

Di_Can_Cook said:
I paid $2.91 for it last week. :)

Must be election time ...
Please tell me that you don't actually believe that.

Too bad price doesn't go down (when price of a barrel goes down) as fast as it goes up when the price of a barrell goes up.

Now that I can actually find gas at almost any station, and don't have to wait 1 hour+ to fill up... I filled up at 3.839 yesterday, and as soon as I placed the hose back into it's holder, the screen did a weird thing and changed to 3.799. I almost walked into the store to ask about an adjustment, but for $0.52 it wasn't worth pulling the sleeping baby out of the car.

It's around 3.53-3.83 here. there's still kinda a gas shortage here. We went down to Talladega this weekend to watch the race and the gas stations around Birmingham were out of gas! Hopefully that won't last too long.

i was on E this morning so i stopped & didnt pay much attention to the price per gallon but when i topped off it wasnt even at $35 to fill up my toyota corolla. its been $40-$45 the past year it seems.

Here in Oklahoma I paid $2.87/gallon on Sunday!! I couldn't believe it. I'm hoping this tank lasts a while since I hardly drive anywhere!

I paid $3.57 today for the 87 grade.

It was $3.16 at my regular gas station last night in Central Mass. Yesterday morning the same station was $3.22!
I'm waiting for it to drop below $3.00

I was on empty when I filled up at $3.19, how silly is it that I got all giddy when my bill was under $50! Granted it was $49 but hey... it was less than $50! Sad oh so sad....

etteluap70PC said:
I was on empty when I filled up at $3.19, how silly is it that I got all giddy when my bill was under $50! Granted it was $49 but hey... it was less than $50! Sad oh so sad....

I remember when the price hit $3.19 for the first time here!! We were SHOCKED at the price. That was at least 3 years ago. If not longer. Ugh!!

I have bought gas and around here it's not much cheaper than it has been or at least it was not when I filled up Thursday. Just b/c the "price per barrell" drops does not mean it drops at the pumps around here but you let the "price per barrell" go up and the pump will jump too!

well, around here, it's a matter of can you FIND GAS! Fortunately, in my small town north of Raleigh, NC, our stations are ok. But in Raleigh/Durham, quite a few are still out of gas, and it's worse in Charlotte and the western part of the state. Getting better though.But it's JUST dropped to $3.79 or some stations are in the $3.64 range- but most of them don't have much gas to offer so it doesn't really matter about price just yet :)

Still $3.59 here but going down...

My DH called me at noon reminding me that I need to get gas. ( I have a tendency to just get in my car and drive home and THEN remember that I needed to fill up--we live 20 miles from nowhere!!) Anyhoo, he said that it was $2.81 at the station he had just filled up at! WAHOO!! I might get my SUV filled up for less than $50 again (can't remember the last time that happened!)

filled up today, 22 gallons, and the total bill was $2.18. Gotta love gas rewards at Giant, I saved up enough that I got my gas for 9 cents a gallon, yay!!

I got gas for $3.29 today in WV.. & Heard it was below $3/gallon near Dayton, Ohio..

Down to $3.49 tonight.

Under three bucks near Minneapolis - I just saw news footage of a place in the Twin Cities advertising $2.979.Who'da thunk it would ever happen again?

Got gas today for 2.959 in Burlington, NJ.

Gas prices always go down when its election time. After electtions...the price will creep back up :mad::grumpy:

I live in central pa and gas has ranged from 3.25 to 3.59

I paid $3.07 at our local Giant yesterday. I had half a tank and thought I will just top it off while the price was so good. :D

Ended up paying only $2.79 per gal. with my Dillons/Kroger shopper discount! WAHOO!!

Kitchen2u said:
Gas prices always go down when its election time. After electtions...the price will creep back up :mad::grumpy:

Gas Price Historical Price Charts - GasBuddy.com

Not quite seeing that trend...

I DO know that the day after the election if a Republican president is elected the stock market does well, if a Democrat president is elected the stock market drops. I've watched that since HS and thought it was quite interesting...being the stock market is a lot of "confidence in the market"...it infers interesting things...

Jennifer31 said:
Here in Oklahoma I paid $2.87/gallon on Sunday!! I couldn't believe it. I'm hoping this tank lasts a while since I hardly drive anywhere!

$2.87??? That's a huge drop!!

Oh no...the gas will go back up come November because it is Thanksgiving/travel time! It won't have anything to do with November 4th and who is elected! Didn't you notice how the week before Labor Day, it started to climb? I wish our gas would drop below $3 a gallon! That would be awesome!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Under three bucks near Minneapolis - I just saw news footage of a place in the Twin Cities advertising $2.979.

Who'da thunk it would ever happen again?

Yup! I'm an hr north and this AM I saw $2.99! If only it would last!

Dropped to $3.19 in Elizabethville PA

I paid 2.99 today in South Dakota. Would have probrably been cheaper at Sams too.

I just paid $3.30 at Costco....the cheapest in the area. We have some of the more expensive gas in the Midwest...thanks to our democratic Gov. Jenny and her beautiful gas tax.

ChefBeckyD said:
I just paid $3.30 at Costco....the cheapest in the area. We have some of the more expensive gas in the Midwest...thanks to our democratic Gov. Jenny and her beautiful gas tax.
And yet the roads are still crummy... :grumpy:

DH paid $3.27 credit price yesterday. The cash price at that station was 3.19.

ChefBeckyD said:

Uh, I'm in the midwest and our low is $3.49 was $3.59 yesterday afternoon so don't feel too bad!

Of course we have Doyle and his taxes!

My husband and I decided to go to Cabela's today and we stopped for gas and it was down to $2.89 :eek: What normally cost him $80 to fill his truck, cost him only $60. Hey every little bit helps!

It is down here to 3.56 today from the 3.77 last week that I paid. But do expect it to go back up once Thanksgiving gets here, of course, Halloween is sooner since "they" are always looking for reasons!:D

<H2>What is the current price of oil and how does it compare to previous prices?</H2><p>The current price of oil is $87.81, which is the lowest it has been in a long time.</p><H2>What is Iran's stance on oil prices?</H2><p>Iran has stated that $100 a barrel is too low and is urging other countries to stick to their output targets to prevent oversupply from worsening.</p><H2>Why is it ironic for Iran to comment on oil prices?</H2><p>It is ironic for Iran to comment on oil prices because they are a major oil-producing country and their actions often have a significant impact on global oil prices. </p><H2>Where is Maxine Waters and what is her stance on oil companies?</H2><p>Maxine Waters is a member of the U.S. House of Representatives and is known for her efforts to regulate and nationalize oil companies. Her current stance on the issue is not clear. </p>

What is the current price of oil and how does it compare to previous prices?

The current price of oil is $87.81, which is the lowest it has been in a long time.

What is Iran's stance on oil prices?

Iran has stated that $100 a barrel is too low and is urging other countries to stick to their output targets to prevent oversupply from worsening.

Why is it ironic for Iran to comment on oil prices?

It is ironic for Iran to comment on oil prices because they are a major oil-producing country and their actions often have a significant impact on global oil prices.

Where is Maxine Waters and what is her stance on oil companies?

Maxine Waters is a member of the U.S. House of Representatives and is known for her efforts to regulate and nationalize oil companies. Her current stance on the issue is not clear.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AlowayFamily
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
reneenshelcook4u
Back