• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Amber Alert: Missing 7-Month-Old in Tempe, AZ - License Plate 638XNF

In summary, an Amber Alert is an emergency response system that notifies the public about a child abduction. It is named after 9-year-old Amber Hagerman and is activated by law enforcement when a child is in imminent danger of abduction. Only law enforcement agencies can issue an Amber Alert and there are specific criteria that must be met. If you see an Amber Alert, stay calm and call 911 if you have any information. Amber Alerts cannot be opted out of, but some phones may allow you to customize the types of emergency alerts you receive.
Crystal Patton
I checked and we have several Cheffer's in AZ so I'm posting the Amber Alert I just received on my cell phone:

Tempe Az
2000 Blue 4 door Ford Taurus Lic. Plate number 638XNF
7 month old child
Suspect: 23 yr old Hist. male, 6 foot tall, 275 pounds, Brown eyes and hair
Call 800-646-2475

Prayers for this childs mother.

Oh goodness, how terrifying. My heart goes out to the child and the mother.

I will keep my eyes open and prayers going

It was just cancelled.

I assume this means they found the little one.

Yeah!!!

Hi there, thank you for sharing this important information with us. I will definitely keep an eye out for the vehicle and suspect described in the Amber Alert. It's so important for all of us to stay vigilant and be aware of our surroundings. My thoughts and prayers are with the child's mother and I hope for a safe and speedy resolution to this situation. Take care.

1. What is an Amber Alert?

An Amber Alert is an emergency response system designed to quickly notify the public about a child abduction. It stands for "America's Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response" and was named after 9-year-old Amber Hagerman who was abducted and murdered in 1996.

2. How does an Amber Alert work?

When law enforcement believes a child is in imminent danger of abduction, they can issue an Amber Alert to activate the emergency response system. Information about the child and suspect is shared with the public through various channels, such as highway signs, radio and TV broadcasts, and social media.

3. Who can issue an Amber Alert?

Only law enforcement agencies are authorized to issue an Amber Alert. They have specific criteria that must be met before activating the alert, including confirmation that a child has been abducted and is in danger, and that there is enough descriptive information about the child and suspect to assist in their recovery.

4. What should I do if I see an Amber Alert?

If you receive an Amber Alert, stay calm and pay attention to the information provided. If you see the child, suspect, or vehicle described in the alert, call 911 immediately and provide as much detail as possible. Do not attempt to confront the suspect or take matters into your own hands.

5. Can I opt out of receiving Amber Alerts?

Amber Alerts are broadcasted to the public through various channels, including cell phones. These alerts are considered to be in the best interest of the public, and therefore cannot be opted out of. However, some phones may allow you to customize the types of emergency alerts you receive.

Back