• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Alabama Ammo Demand Soars: Russia Not Invading Here!

In summary, a joke was shared about people in Alabama stocking up on ammunition because they thought Russia had invaded the state of Georgia. This was due to confusion with the news of Russia invading the country of Georgia. Some people did not understand the joke at first, but it was later explained and found to be funny. The origin of the term "redneck" was also discussed.
pcchefjane
Gold Member
All of the Wal-Mart's across Alabama sold out of ammunition as of yesterday. :eek: A reliable source said that one of the purchasers commented that while Russia may have invaded Georgia, they sure ain't doin' it to Alabama!:cry:

Just could not resist posting this after someone sent it to me! I know KG will have some words of wisdom about it for sure!:):):)

This cracks me up because I LIVE in Georgia and everytime I see "Georgia" in a news title it makes me pause :)

Gosh...no comments! Maybe you thought it was politically related! LOL!

LOL!!I forgot about the sassafracking length requirement...

OMGoodness!!! I'm laughing so hard, tears are rolling down my face!! :D

that is SO funny! i had to forward it to my coworkers. stress levels are high around here & they need funny waiting for them when they get into work this morning! thanks for posting..

Okay someone needs to laugh some more at this one!

i sent it to my coworkers & our receptionist said "is this supposed to be a joke meghan?"

and i said..."no randie. the russians have invaded the united states. havent you heard?" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

See, I'm not the only one that didn't get it. Personally with all the school shooting, roits and gang violance. I didn't think it was funny.
But everyone tells me that I have a cold humor, I find very little funny, and I don't get most stand up comics.

cwinter...I don't get it, either. Still don't, sorry all!

Well, I am glad we have plenty of ammo in the house already!!! :D

For those who don't get the joke . . . Russia invaded the country of Georgia. This was all over the news a couple of weeks ago.The joke is saying that people in Alabama thought Russia had invaded the state of Georgia, and they wanted to defend themselves.Make sense?

cwinter474 said:
See, I'm not the only one that didn't get it. Personally with all the school shooting, roits and gang violance. I didn't think it was funny.
But everyone tells me that I have a cold humor, I find very little funny, and I don't get most stand up comics.

KellyTheChef said:
cwinter...I don't get it, either. Still don't, sorry all!

Y'all do know that Russia invaded one of the countries that boarder them right?

The country's name is Georgia.

raebates said:
For those who don't get the joke . . .

Russia invaded the country of Georgia. This was all over the news a couple of weeks ago.

The joke is saying that people in Alabama thought Russia had invaded the state of Georgia, and they wanted to defend themselves.

Make sense?

You beat me to it! I had a client come in and had to minimize before I hit submit! :D

I am FROM ALabama .....................and I resemble this joke.

I beat you! Neener neener, neener!

jrstephens said:
You beat me to it! I had a client come in and had to minimize before I hit submit! :D

I beat you! Neener neener, neener!

chefmeg said:
I am FROM ALabama .....................and I resemble this joke.

Uh-oh...you don't look like a red-neck in your picture! LOL!:cool:

I have a red neck story to share.....

DH & I went on a cruise last year and at dinner sat with folks from Ireland and Massachusetts.....the couple from Mass. missed the dinner the first night because the Dh was pouting about missing the NASCAR race as we set sail on Sunday...........this taught me that rednecks are everywhere!!!!!

I guess I am not a redneck because I wasn't allowed to be~both my parents are from the North and we were never allowed to speak improperly or behave like we didn't know any better!

Warning: Geek momentThe origin of redneck is that city folk noticed that farmers had red necks. They were out in the fields all day--often bent over looking at one thing or another. The sun burned their necks, making them red. City folk, walking around upright and spending lots of time indoors rarely got their necks sunburned. Anyone who wasn't citified was called a redneck. Soon that became a term for anyone who wasn't considered sufficiently sophisticated. Eventually it came to refer to a specific demographic of rowdy, gun-totin' good ol' boys. Of course, Jeff Foxworthy has brought a new sort of pride to those referred to as rednecks. ;)

Last edited:
OK. Thanks for clarifying. Obviously, I spend WAY TOO MUCH TIME with only a three year old and did NOT know that Russia invaded the country Georgia. Now that I know, it *is* a funny/cute joke, and I will be slinking away to hide my head in shame that I am not current on hardly any newsworthy events.

16.gif
16.gif
16.gif

KellyTheChef said:
OK. Thanks for clarifying. Obviously, I spend WAY TOO MUCH TIME with only a three year old and did NOT know that Russia invaded the country Georgia. Now that I know, it *is* a funny/cute joke, and I will be slinking away to hide my head in shame that I am not current on hardly any newsworthy events.

16.gif
16.gif
16.gif

Don't worry, it was already yesterday's news...it happened back during the Olympics...we're already on to politics. :D

KellyTheChef said:

16.gif
16.gif
16.gif

That's okay, Kelly! If I didn't have the news pop up on my AT&T homepage, I probably wouldn't know it either. I don't watch the national news because I hate the "talking heads" and all their second-guessing of things!

Meg, I was not allowed to degrade anyone either growing up. Those that do make me want to smack them...;)

KellyTheChef said:

16.gif
16.gif
16.gif

Ditto.....

Related to Alabama Ammo Demand Soars: Russia Not Invading Here!

What is causing the increase in demand for Alabama ammo?

The increase in demand for Alabama ammo is a result of rumors and false information spreading about a potential Russian invasion. People are stocking up on ammunition in case of an emergency.

Is there any truth to the rumors of a Russian invasion in Alabama?

No, there is no evidence to support these rumors. The US government has not issued any warnings or alerts about a potential invasion from Russia.

How is Pampered Chef responding to the increase in demand for Alabama ammo?

Pampered Chef is not involved in the sale or production of ammunition. Our focus is on providing quality kitchen tools and products to our customers.

Are there any safety concerns with stockpiling ammunition?

Yes, there are safety concerns with storing large amounts of ammunition. It is important to follow proper storage guidelines and keep ammunition away from heat sources and out of reach of children.

What steps can individuals take to protect themselves in case of a potential invasion?

The best way to protect yourself is to stay informed and follow any official warnings or evacuation orders issued by the government. Stocking up on non-perishable food, water, and other emergency supplies may also be helpful in case of an emergency situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kdangel518
Back