• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Your Own Recommended "Gift Sets"

In summary, the motivational speaker I last saw suggested we make boards with groups of products with prices (set A, B, C or "the bakers set", Quick dinner set", etc) to display at our shows. Said that we shouldn't offer discounts, just the convenience. She said it was REALLY effective. I'm wondering if we might brainstorm together to come up with cute names for sets, and interesting groupings.
its_me_susan
The motivational speaker I last saw suggested we make boards with groups of products with prices (set A, B, C or "the bakers set", Quick dinner set", etc) to display at our shows. Said that we shouldn't offer discounts, just the convenience. She said it was REALLY effective. I'm wondering if we might brainstorm together to come up with cute names for sets, and interesting groupings. Don't forget the "I want it all" set is the starter kit. Some will spend more than $155 and not have a business too.

I'll be back to offer my thoughts after dinner.
:)

I've been working on several gift sets for the holiday season...let me wrap it up today and I'll post it.

I've been busy working on this very thing for the past week. I'll get back to yuo with my ideas soon.

Did you hear this from Julie Weitz? I saw her in Feb & she mentioned this. I thought it was a great idea, but never implemented it. Thanks for reminding me! I think I'll try to think up some good sets that people might get for holiday baking or holiday gift-giving.

From ChristmasThe first attachment is a great gift set listing from last Christmas. I did not create it, but thought it was the best I had seen (as far as format, looks, etc.)

The others are one's I've "collected" over time that have set ideas.

None of these have been updated for the new/retired products, but might be a good place to start.

HTH...SIID!

Attachments

• Holiday Gift Giving Ideas 2006 BLANK.doc
    48.5 KB · Views: 521
  • Gift Sets sizes.doc
    37 KB · Views: 464
  • Holiday Gift Ideas Flyer_2006.doc
    69.5 KB · Views: 534
  • SuperSize.doc
    351 KB · Views: 419
here are the groupings I was working on. I have too many. Trying to vary price points. I'd like to offer 3 or 4 options, at various price points. Feel free to tinker with these groupings -- they were my first go at it fora show last week but I didn't have them ready in time...Mommy Must-Haves:
Quick-Stir Pitcher
Twixit Clip
My Safe Cutter
Citrus Peeler
Food ChopperSummer Entertaining:
Outdoor party plates
outdoor utensil set
quick-stir pitcher
chillzanne sectional serverHoliday baking -- cookie collectionstackable cooling rack
flour/sugar shaker
cookie press
lg bar panHoliday baking - Deluxe:
stackable cooling rack
lg bar pan
pie gate
decorator bottle set
classic batter bowlFiesta flare:
southwestern seasoning
mix/n/chop
mix/masher
salad chopperPerfect Pizza:
lg round stone w handles
Italian seasoning
pizza cutter
classic scraper
slice n serveKids' Classicsmy safe cutter
egg slicer plus
creative cutters
let's eat cookbookSuper Salsa:
salad chopper
garlic press /citrus press
classic batter bowl
herb keeperSalad Sensations:
salad and berry spinner
mix n pour
bamboo salad tongs
spin on salads cookbook

don't see the attachment
nikked said:
The first attachment is a great gift set listing from last Christmas. I did not create it, but thought it was the best I had seen (as far as format, looks, etc.)

None of these have been updated for the new/retired products, but might be a good place to start.

HTH...SIID!

Where is the attachment? Don't see it:(

never mind. it jst came up for me after I re-entered the thread. weird.

pamperedgirl3 said:
Did you hear this from Julie Weitz? I saw her in Feb & she mentioned this. I thought it was a great idea, but never implemented it. Thanks for reminding me! I think I'll try to think up some good sets that people might get for holiday baking or holiday gift-giving.

Y-E-S!!!! Isn't she AWSOME?!!! I emailed home office that I thought we would be really lucky to have her as a conference speaker. Such useful advise and not in-your-face. So relateable. :)

I would include the cut n seal with either the mommy or the kid set, this is a popular choice for moms and kids. What about a 29 minutes to dinner set... the new cookbook, one or two seasonings, and one of the micro cookers?

With Thanksgiving coming up... how about a holiday dinner pack, with the gravy separator, pie dish, cut n serve, pie gate, turkey recipe cards? You could do a more pricey Thanksgiving set with the roasting pan et al and then also include on the flyer how the price will drop by hosting a show (use the half price combo, can't remember now what exactly it is).

As for pragmatics, how are you going to "post" this at shows... I shy away from individual flyers b/c to print it all in color is a lot of money and a lot of people just take everything home with them... major waste IMHO. I wonder if one of the tri-fold theme show folders from the past could use a make over... it would be nice to just unfold something and display it, then fold it up to pop in your briefcase.

Last edited:
nikked said:
The first attachment is a great gift set listing from last Christmas. I did not create it, but thought it was the best I had seen (as far as format, looks, etc.)

HTH...SIID!
I think that your sets are great... but I have one question, are the children's apron and chef hat still available? I have a set for my oldest but would've liked one for my youngest. I think they are probably part of the "retired products" but just thought I'd take a chance and ask:( TIA

Carissidy said:
I think that your sets are great... but I have one question, are the children's apron and chef hat still available? I have a set for my oldest but would've liked one for my youngest. I think they are probably part of the "retired products" but just thought I'd take a chance and ask:( TIA

Nope...sorry. I haven't looked at these since last Christmas season, so they haven't been updated for two catalog seassons. I just posted them as a starting place.

Sorry...

I actually have an extra apron and cookie making set so maybe I'll do the flyer for a booth. Thanks for the ideas! They are great. I always have an idea sheet for the holidays, but not actual groupings. People like the easy choosing!

Some names that I want to call my sets.

Divine Diva
Baker's Dozen

I haven't figured out everything I'm going to put in them. For the Divine Diva that will be the most expensive and I will include 7 piece cookware set and a few other things, for the Baker's Dozen I'm trying to include alot of basic cookware e.g. Classic Batter Bowl, stuff that will be used every day.

If you want to just have one poster, put it in your flip chart or purchase inexpensive table frames at Staples or WalMart and display them on your table. I like the idea of gift sets...especially for men. This is great for booths during the holiday season.

Y-E-S!!!! Isn't she AWSOME?!!! I emailed home office that I thought we would be really lucky to have her as a conference speaker. Such useful advise and not in-your-face. So relateable.

susan
we had her here for our conference this year and she was fantastic
the two best workshops i took
one for consultants-designing an amazing party, which is also on cd :)
and the other for future directors, more serious but still awsome

I think that your sets are great... but I have one question, are the children's apron and chef hat still available? I have a set for my oldest but would've liked one for my youngest. I think they are probably part of the "retired products" but just thought I'd take a chance and ask TIA

angela
i have one if you would like it
got it in my surprise pack at conference
let me know i wont be using it for my little guy since i dont cook lol

Has anyone put some current flyers for these together yet?

These are great ideas! I was wondering....when you do these do you count it as a show yourself and have everything delivered to you so that you can assemble them? Or are you promoting these at cooking shows and the shopper assembles them? Thanks for the tips! Tina

I have updated the docs that Nikki posted. I didn't add many new products (time constraints) but it's a start.

Attachments

• 2007 gift sets.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 536
  • 2007SuperSize[1].doc
    313 KB · Views: 428
  • 2007 holiday gift ideas2.doc
    70.5 KB · Views: 585
  • 2007 holiday gift ideas1.doc
    43 KB · Views: 720
Last edited:
bump -- :)

Thanks Beth!!

peichef said:
here are the groupings I was working on. I have too many. Trying to vary price points. I'd like to offer 3 or 4 options, at various price points. Feel free to tinker with these groupings -- they were my first go at it fora show last week but I didn't have them ready in time...

Mommy Must-Haves:
Quick-Stir Pitcher
Twixit Clip
My Safe Cutter
Citrus Peeler
Food Chopper

Summer Entertaining:
Outdoor party plates
outdoor utensil set
quick-stir pitcher
chillzanne sectional server

Holiday baking -- cookie collection

stackable cooling rack
flour/sugar shaker
cookie press
lg bar pan

Holiday baking - Deluxe:
stackable cooling rack
lg bar pan
pie gate
decorator bottle set
classic batter bowl

Fiesta flare:
southwestern seasoning
mix/n/chop
mix/masher
salad chopper

Perfect Pizza:
lg round stone w handles
Italian seasoning
pizza cutter
classic scraper
slice n serve

Kids' Classics

my safe cutter
egg slicer plus
creative cutters
let's eat cookbook

Super Salsa:
salad chopper
garlic press /citrus press
classic batter bowl
herb keeper

Salad Sensations:
salad and berry spinner
mix n pour
bamboo salad tongs
spin on salads cookbook

These are all great! tHank you everyone! I have lists too - I am going to try to make a poster and use actual pictures and just the price for the groupings. No time to work on it until next week though. So exciting. :)

THANK YOU

I am putting together a binder with different sets and must-haves. Having only 2-3 limits things I think. Especially with Christmas around the corner. I just started yesterday so I don't have anything to post yet. I will attach once I have it together.

Here is a list of gift sets I have come up with. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Gift Sets.doc
    27 KB · Views: 457
Thanks! :thumbup: Great ideas!

Stacy, I love your ideas:)

How many would you offer per show. I was thinking of 3-4, at diff. price points and switching them with the seasons / or monthly.

Here is one I was using over the summer when I was demoing the Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle. My plan was to change the "I want it all" to showcase all or most of the products used for my demo that night.

Or..as mentioned earlier, maybe I will change it to $155 and show the starter kit...that is a super idea!

Attachments

• Party Packages for flip chart.doc
    28 KB · Views: 510
Those are great pkgs, Kelly. What if your "want it all" package became "tonight's showstopper" and "I want it All" listed everything in the consultant kit with the regular and kit prices!?!

peichef said:
Stacy, I love your ideas:)

How many would you offer per show. I was thinking of 3-4, at diff. price points and switching them with the seasons / or monthly.

Not sure...probably all now since Christmas is right around the corner. I plan to put them together as a display for my Open House. I can but them in a binder/page protectors so it would be easy to carry with me.

Julie Weitz recommended adding a few "packages" at different price levels. I will do that also. I had a few but lost them when computer crashed (lightning strike):yuck: Now I need to do them again.

1. What are the benefits of offering gift sets?

Offering gift sets can provide convenience for customers by offering pre-selected groupings of products at a set price. This can also help increase sales by promoting multiple products at once and can be a great selling point for special occasions or holidays.

2. How do I come up with creative names for my gift sets?

Brainstorming with a team or even asking for suggestions from customers can be a great way to come up with creative names for your gift sets. You can also play off the theme or purpose of the set, such as "The Baker's Set" or "Quick Dinner Set", to make the names more catchy and memorable.

3. Should I offer discounts on my gift sets?

It is generally recommended to not offer discounts on gift sets, as the convenience and pre-selected groupings are already a selling point. Instead, focus on the value and convenience of the set rather than offering discounts.

4. What should be included in a starter kit gift set?

A starter kit gift set should include a variety of products that showcase the range and quality of your brand. This can include best-selling or popular products, as well as some new or exclusive items to entice customers to try and potentially purchase more in the future.

5. Can customers spend more than the set price on a gift set?

Yes, customers can spend more than the set price on a gift set. This is especially true for the "I want it all" set, which can serve as a starter kit for customers to explore and potentially spend more on products they love. It's important to provide options for customers to upgrade or add on to the set if they choose to do so.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchefinski
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pchefinski
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies