• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Yea!! Dh Is Coming Home!!! Omg We're Broke!!

In summary, the DH's job in North Dakota is ending and he will be driving home on Saturday morning, which will take him three days. The next job doesn't start until April, causing stress about money. However, the poster is fully booked in February and has shows lined up for March and April. They are also considering additional ways to bring in income, such as selling items on eBay and using coupons. The husband will be spending time with his father during this time, as the father is not doing well. The poster is grateful for the support and suggestions from the group.
Crystal Patton
DH job in North Dakota is winding down and he is driving home on Saturday morning!!!! :sing:

It will take him 3 days (I'm so glad he plans on stopping to sleep) so we should see him Monday night. I'm so excited and I can't wait!:love:

But the next job doesn't start up until the begining of April so ... stress about money!!!!:(

I'm trying to breath, I am fully booked in Feb, have 3 shows for March, 1 show in April and two ladies who will book once they move. I know that any income is better than NO income, though I don't make anywhere near what he does. However, once he is home no babysitting fees and I can open up Thursday nights. (I don't like the babysitter to put the kids to bed on a school night - she is AWESOME but she isn't Mom.)

I just had to share!!!!

Wait - I have to shave my legs now - bummer.;)

Congrats on the homecoming!! And it sounds like you have a good show schedule set.

Can your hubby find some temp employment, deliver newspapers, pizza, etc til he gets back to work?

Check out Real Debt Help - Get out of debt with Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover Plan. NOW!! And pay for the 4 necessities before you give a dime to anyone else -- Home, Food, Utilities and Transportation.

If you have any extra things lying around, eBay them -- it can make up for some extra income.

Good luck!!!

YAHOOOOOO! How exciting for your family :D I'm so happy for you. You said you are fully booked for Feb, why not add a little incentive for March & April to help you book them fully, too? I would suggest the 24 bookings in 24 hours challenge. I challenge you!And I second the Dave Ramsey suggestion...we do this, too

Crystal Patton said:
Wait - I have to shave my legs now - bummer.;)

LOL! Congrats on the homecomming!

I am so happy for you. Way to book up your February.

Congrats on your hubby coming home!! Bummer about the money and shaving legs bit.

When checking into selling items around the house on ebay...be careful NOT to sell anything PC. You have an awesome calendar booked, you wouldn't want to jeopordize that.

Congrats!!!

Oh, I thought that went without saying.....no PC items on eBay, please -- you will be in violation of your consultant agreement and will become the brunt of a brutal thread on CS!!

Thanks ladies for the idea's and the support.

We have a really strict budget, but as with any budget it requires income LOL. We have two credit cards, a JC Penney's and a Victoria's Secret, the total for both is $150. Our only 'real debt' is the the mortgage and my truck, but we do have around $8,000 in medical bills (no insurance) and I'm paying those off real slow - no interest.

My DH is very good at odd jobs, though during this time he plans on speanding time with his Father. I second this as my FIL isn't doing well and needs his sons attention, I can only do so much.

As for selling things on e-bay - first I couldn't part with ANY of my PC stuff LOL and I don't know how to ... do what ever it is you do with ebay. Any hints? I'm open to anything to bring in some cash.

Oh and any coupon people out there? I'm just starting to do this and don't know where to find coupons. We don't get the local paper - too expenisive.

Thanks again.

Man I love it here!:love:

Crystal, I'm very happy for you. It is like starting your life all over. If you follow all the advice here, I'm sure you'll do well. Even though your husband has to and wants to spend time with FIL, and family, I'm sure he'll be able to eventually fit in some part time job to make life a little less stressful. Good luck to you all, and congrats on your heavy PC schedule -- good job!

Crystal Patton said:
Thanks ladies for the idea's and the support.

We have a really strict budget, but as with any budget it requires income LOL. We have two credit cards, a JC Penney's and a Victoria's Secret, the total for both is $150. Our only 'real debt' is the the mortgage and my truck, but we do have around $8,000 in medical bills (no insurance) and I'm paying those off real slow - no interest.

My DH is very good at odd jobs, though during this time he plans on speanding time with his Father. I second this as my FIL isn't doing well and needs his sons attention, I can only do so much.

As for selling things on e-bay - first I couldn't part with ANY of my PC stuff LOL and I don't know how to ... do what ever it is you do with ebay. Any hints? I'm open to anything to bring in some cash.

Oh and any coupon people out there? I'm just starting to do this and don't know where to find coupons. We don't get the local paper - too expenisive.

Thanks again.

Man I love it here!:love:

So glad your family gets to be together again! I bet your kids are over the moon with excitement too!

For coupons - there are others here who play the Grocery Game - I think you can look that up by googling it, and have them help you.

I don't play, but I do buy just the Sunday paper - it's the edition with the coupon flyers. It's $2, but I save on avg. $12 by using coupons that are in the paper.

I do the same as Becky - I just get the Sunday paper for the coupons. It's $1 a week here for home delivery, but the coupons make it totally worth it! Selling things on eBay is easy enough, although you'll spend a LOT in fees. I'd recommend your local Craigslist instead (craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums, then select the appropriate large city or other area). That's more like online classifieds. People who shop Craigslist tend to be looking for a bargain, but you don't have to pay anything to list items there. Enjoy DH's homecoming. (BTW, if he's been gone a while, he might not even care if you shave your legs. LOL)

ChefBeckyD said:
So glad your family gets to be together again! I bet your kids are over the moon with excitement too!

For coupons - there are others here who play the Grocery Game - I think you can look that up by googling it, and have them help you.

I don't play, but I do buy just the Sunday paper - it's the edition with the coupon flyers. It's $2, but I save on avg. $12 by using coupons that are in the paper.

The boys think Daddy is coming home in March. My DH wants to surprise them and I agree. I can't wait to see their faces when we get home from Martial Arts on Monday night and Daddy is in the livingroom.

I have googled it and there is sooo much info it's overwhelming. So I turn to you guys, my voice of experience. LOL

Thanks for the idea about the Sunday paper, I can get on the way home from church on Sundays.

Crystal Patton said:
The boys think Daddy is coming home in March. My DH wants to surprise them and I agree. I can't wait to see their faces when we get home from Martial Arts on Monday night and Daddy is in the livingroom.

I have googled it and there is sooo much info it's overwhelming. So I turn to you guys, my voice of experience. LOL

Thanks for the idea about the Sunday paper, I can get on the way home from church on Sundays.

That's exactly what I do!

The Grocery Game is too overwhelming for me. That's why I don't play.

You MUST get video of your boys when they walk in and see him! What a fun night that is going to be.:D

I don't want to pay for the paper so I get my coupons for free from:
Coupons.SmartSource.com
Print.coupons.comJust type in your zip code and you can select the coupons you want to print. You may need to download their software in order to print the coupons but it is well worth it and FREE!

Just be careful printing off your own coupons - some grocery stores won't accept them...including one where I shop frequently.

Good luck. I know about broke. My husband company is closing down for 6 weeks and everyone goes on unemployment, he is eligible for the max, but it will be a major paycut for the 6 weeks he is off. Plus the renter in our rental had a major break down and tried to take her own life, so that was empty for 3 months, I got it all cleaned up and we have some wonderful people in there now. So broke is an understatement. but it is looking up and it will for you too...Don't stress too much and enjoy some time with your family.

Get_Pampered said:
I don't want to pay for the paper so I get my coupons for free from:
Coupons.SmartSource.com
Print.coupons.com

Just type in your zip code and you can select the coupons you want to print. You may need to download their software in order to print the coupons but it is well worth it and FREE!

Can I print these in black and white? I don't have color printer.

Yes, you can print them in B/W. I don't have a color printer, either. But as Becky indicated, check that your grocery store takes them. Some don't because of fraud.

What are some budget-friendly meal ideas for when my husband comes home?

Some budget-friendly meal ideas for when your husband comes home include pasta dishes, casseroles, stir-fries, and slow cooker meals. These recipes often use affordable ingredients and can be made in large quantities to save money.

How can I save money on groceries when my husband is home?

To save money on groceries when your husband is home, try planning meals ahead of time and making a shopping list. This will prevent impulse purchases and ensure you only buy what you need. You can also use coupons and shop for sales to save even more money.

What are some quick and easy meals to make when my husband is home?

Some quick and easy meals to make when your husband is home include sandwiches, salads, quesadillas, and omelets. These meals can be made in a matter of minutes and require minimal ingredients.

How can I make the most of my leftovers to save money when my husband is home?

To make the most of your leftovers when your husband is home, try incorporating them into new meals. For example, leftover chicken can be used in a stir-fry or on top of a salad. You can also freeze leftovers for future meals.

What are some affordable side dishes to serve when my husband is home?

Some affordable side dishes to serve when your husband is home include rice, roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, and pasta salad. These sides are filling and can be made in large quantities to stretch your budget.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • BlessedWifeMommy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Porchechef
Replies
Views
3RingChef