• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Witness the Rare Fire Rainbow: Captured on Idaho/Washington Border

In summary, a rare atmospheric phenomenon known as a fire rainbow was captured in a photograph on the Idaho/Washington border. The event lasted about an hour and required specific conditions of cirrus clouds, ice crystals, and the sun hitting the clouds at precisely 58 degrees. The authenticity of the photo was confirmed by checking on Snopes. Some viewers also noticed a face in the clouds above the rainbow, which added an eerie or inspiring element to the photo. Overall, the conversation was filled with awe and appreciation for the beauty of nature.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Wow....just got this in an email and wanted to share with all of you!

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t24/KellyTheChef/FireRainbow.jpg

THIS IS A FIRE RAINBOW - THE RAREST OF ALL NATURALLY OCCURRING ATMOSPHERIC PHENOMENA.

THE PICTURE WAS CAPTURED THIS WEEK ON THE IDAHO/WASHINGTON BORDER THE EVENT LASTED ABOUT 1 HOUR

CLOUDS HAVE TO BE CIRRUS, AT LEAST 20K FEET IN THE AIR, WITH JUST THE
RIGHT AMOUNT OF ICE CRYSTALS AND THE SUN HAS TO HIT THE CLOUDS AT PRECISELY 58 DEGREES.

BTW- if this isn't true (as in, you find it on snopes) DON'T tell me...just let me enjoy it!;)

Ok Kelly would you mind then if I tell you that I checked it and it is true. I just thought that I would share that. The only thing in this that is not true is that it happened this week. Other than that it is all true just don't know when it really happened.

Beauty is all around all we need to do is to open our eyes and see it.
Thanks for sharing that pic it is now my desktop at work.

Did you all notice the face in the picture above the rainbow in the middle? It sort of looks like its looking down.....DOO DOO -- DOO DOO

chefkristin said:
Did you all notice the face in the picture above the rainbow in the middle? It sort of looks like its looking down.....DOO DOO -- DOO DOO

OI! a little creepy or inspiring? I am not sure. However, I love the photo!

tpchefrebecca said:
OI! a little creepy or inspiring? I am not sure. However, I love the photo!
I am not seeing things right. You do see it?

KellyTheChef said:
Wow....just got this in an email and wanted to share with all of you!

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t24/KellyTheChef/FireRainbow.jpg

THIS IS A FIRE RAINBOW - THE RAREST OF ALL NATURALLY OCCURRING ATMOSPHERIC PHENOMENA.

THE PICTURE WAS CAPTURED THIS WEEK ON THE IDAHO/WASHINGTON BORDER THE EVENT LASTED ABOUT 1 HOUR

CLOUDS HAVE TO BE CIRRUS, AT LEAST 20K FEET IN THE AIR, WITH JUST THE
RIGHT AMOUNT OF ICE CRYSTALS AND THE SUN HAS TO HIT THE CLOUDS AT PRECISELY 58 DEGREES.

BTW- if this isn't true (as in, you find it on snopes) DON'T tell me...just let me enjoy it!;)

BTW- It IS true. ;) Just thought I would let you know. :D
Urban Legends Reference Pages: Fire Rainbow

chefkristin said:
I am not seeing things right. You do see it?
I see it but my goodness, I sure wouldn't have noticed had you not pointed it out! :eek: Thanks a lot I get weirded out too easy!

Wow, that's awesome! Thanks for sharing Kelly!

Thanks for letting me know it WAS TRUE! I didn't even want to look, just in case it wasn't! LOL

Related to Witness the Rare Fire Rainbow: Captured on Idaho/Washington Border

1. What is a fire rainbow?

A fire rainbow, also known as a circumhorizontal arc, is a rare optical phenomenon that occurs when the sun's rays pass through ice crystals in high-level cirrus clouds, creating a rainbow-like effect.

2. Where was the fire rainbow captured?

The fire rainbow was captured on the border of Idaho and Washington, near Spokane, on August 16th, 2021.

3. How long did the fire rainbow last?

The fire rainbow lasted for about an hour, from approximately 7:30pm to 8:30pm, as reported by eyewitnesses.

4. What causes a fire rainbow to form?

A fire rainbow is caused by the refraction and reflection of sunlight through hexagonal ice crystals in cirrus clouds. The angle of the sun must be at least 58 degrees above the horizon for this phenomenon to occur.

5. How rare are fire rainbows?

Fire rainbows are very rare, as they require specific weather conditions and a precise angle of the sun. They are more commonly seen in the tropics, but can occasionally occur in other parts of the world.

Back