• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why I Hate Customer Care Calls...

In summary, making customer care calls can be a mixed bag, with some people being friendly and appreciative while others are rude and uninterested. It's important to not take it personally and remember that it's part of the job. However, overall, people do seem to appreciate the reminder and the effort we put into checking in with them.
speedychef
For the most part, I really don't mind. I enjoy re-connecting with the customers and most of them seem like they really don't mind hearing from me. But then there are those...

One woman I called this evening-her husband answered. When I told him who I was, he told me he was on the other line and could I please call back in 10 minutes. I gave him 15 and called back only to get the answering machine. Just tell me, "don't call me again!" I don't want to waste my time calling you if you don't want to talk to me...

One woman I called this afternoon spent 30 minutes telling me her life story...

One woman I called didn't remember me, even after I told her where we met, what she ordered, and what we ate. Yikes!

It's always the crazy ones that stand out in my mind, though. I want you to ALL make customer care calls! Besides these strange ones, people really do love to hear from us!

They are usually very appreciative of the reminder, and appreciate that we are taking the time to check in with them.

I can definitely relate to your experience with customers. It's always a mixed bag when it comes to making these types of calls. Some people are friendly and welcoming, while others can be quite rude and uninterested. It's always a risk, but it's part of the job.I think the key is to not take it personally when someone doesn't want to talk to us or doesn't remember us. It's just one of those things that happens. And as you said, it's always the crazy ones that stand out in our minds. But overall, I agree that making customer care calls is important and can be a positive experience for both us and the customers.

Related to Why I Hate Customer Care Calls...

1. Why do customer care calls always take so long?

One of the main reasons customer care calls can take a long time is because representatives are trained to fully understand and address the customer's concern. This may involve asking specific questions and going through troubleshooting steps to find a resolution. Additionally, there may be a high volume of calls, causing longer wait times.

2. Why do I have to go through multiple representatives before my issue is resolved?

Sometimes, a customer care call may need to be escalated to a higher level representative or a specialized team in order to resolve a complex or unique issue. This is to ensure that the customer's concern is fully addressed and resolved to their satisfaction.

3. Why do I have to repeat my information multiple times during a customer care call?

Repeating information during a customer care call is a standard practice to ensure accuracy and efficiency. This is to make sure that the representative has the correct information and is able to fully assist the customer with their concern.

4. Why do I have to wait so long to speak to a representative?

Waiting to speak to a representative can be frustrating, but it is often due to a high volume of calls or a longer than expected call with a previous customer. Companies strive to answer calls as quickly as possible and may offer alternative methods of contact, such as online chat or email, for quicker assistance.

5. Why do customer care representatives seem indifferent or unhelpful?

Customer care representatives are trained to remain professional and neutral in their interactions with customers, even in difficult or frustrating situations. They are also following company protocols and procedures to ensure consistency in their responses and resolutions to customer concerns.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
naekelsey
  • Cr8vKitchen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kcmckay
  • esavvymom