• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Why Didn't My Mom's Neighbor Mention She Became a Consultant?

In summary, the neighbor's husband became a consultant for the spa products DS company and she resolved customer service issues he had.
mrshamel3808
Gold Member
So my mom's neighbor is a DS consultant for a spa products. Last August/September we "swapped" shows and each hosted shows for each other. She's a huge PC fan and also a past consultant (her director left for this new spa DS company and she followed) and her husband is also a huge PC fan. She told me that her PC shows were always pretty good turn out so I was thinking she'd have a great show and I was worried my spa party would fizzle since most of my friends are in college or newlyweds without the money to spend on those extra things. Well, the total opposite happened! Her show ended up being her and her husband, my mom, her mom and her niece. I had to add outside orders to her show to even make it quality while my show was over $400 with about 7 guests. She apologized profusely and I didn't think much of it; just happened to be bad timing for her friends. She did, however, give me the contact info of her sister who had some customer service needs. I contacted her (we texted back and forth) and we got her issues resolved and she also said she'd be interested in booking with me March/Spring. Her sister said she always had $2000+ shows so I was SUPER excited to get this lead. Well, end of December I went to a Christmas party at their house and they asked me to order them some pantry items and some replacement parts plus her mom wanted to purchase a few more things. I submitted the order mid January. Then a few weeks later my mom told me that her facebook status said something about now having to share her office with her husband for his PC business. Spring Launch comes around and yep! there he is!! So I contacted the sister tonight just to see if maybe for some reason she'd rather not host a show through family but she said "oh sorry, i guess you didn't know that _____ became a consultant and I just had a show with him". It's just weird that they've not even mentioned it to me. I don't know why he wouldn't have said something back in Dec. when they ordered from me...the facebook status was posted literally 2 weeks max after he told me what he wanted. At first I just figured he probably signed under his wife's old director since she knew from experience what it was like to work with that director but then I remembered that the director left too! So while I know I just have to bless and release, and know I had no "claim" to either this recruit OR the sister's show and they did nothing wrong; it does hurt me a little that #1 - I resolved her customer service issues because HER consultant wasn't helping but now have absolutely nothing to show and #2 - they haven't even mentioned it to me which almost makes me feel like they feel bad about what happened...then again, they're not MY neighbors (although I am friends with them on facebook, they're really good friends with my parents, and my sister-in-law/best friend is one of her downlines with the spa company).

*sigh* like the subject says...just needed to vent/rant!

Having been through a couple 'hand-offs' as various folks have moved on, don't take it personally. Wish them well and move ahead. Regarding the unusual ordering before the odd announcement about them as new consultants, It is weird--sometime at a conference in the future, you can ask him face to face. More than likely, he'll tell you - it was awkward for him, too. Hang in there!

I feel for you. Scott's right; it was probably just awkward for them.

((((Hugs))))

I know how you feel. I've had a couple of leads who have ended up signing elsewhere. In my situation, I do know that one signed with her old director, and the other signed with her best friend, but you still end up feeling slighted initially. It goes back to that kindergarten feeling of "she likes her better than me." I found out about bothe because they were at training events. The first time, I was 8 months pregnant with my son, so I ended up spending the lunch in the bathroom bawling my eyes out because I couldn't help the hormones :D

In the end, you just have to move on, bless and release. It seems tough at first, but venting helps.

There is no weapon that can destroy feelings and one's psyche with the thoroughness of friends and relatives. Bless and release - don't carry a grudge. To carry a grudge is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die. At the same time, be sure to forgive, but never forget. Sooner or later, she's going to ask you to host another show for her. Just relish in the delight you'll have in telling her to (figuratively) go pound sand.

What is "Feeling a Little Slighted..."?

"Feeling a Little Slighted..." is a cookbook created by Pampered Chef that features easy and delicious recipes for small gatherings or intimate meals.

What types of recipes are included in "Feeling a Little Slighted..."?

This cookbook includes a variety of recipes for appetizers, entrees, sides, and desserts that are perfect for smaller groups.

Do the recipes in "Feeling a Little Slighted..." use Pampered Chef products?

Yes, most of the recipes in this cookbook were created with Pampered Chef products in mind, but they can also be made with alternative kitchen tools.

Can the recipes in "Feeling a Little Slighted..." be adjusted for larger groups?

Absolutely! While these recipes are designed for smaller gatherings, they can easily be doubled or tripled to accommodate larger groups.

Are there any special dietary considerations in "Feeling a Little Slighted..."?

Yes, this cookbook includes a variety of options for those with dietary restrictions, such as vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
diradt
  • pampered.chris