• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Can't I Open Documents on This Site?

In summary, this site is not working well for people who use documents to communicate. People are having problems opening documents, and it is very frustrating. There are a few things that people can try to fix the problem, but it is still unknown why this is happening.
kcjodih
Gold Member
any documents on this site? Whether it's an attachment or in the file section, a word doc or a pdf, it gives me an error. Yet I can go to any other site and open docs of both versions there plus can open every one I have saved on my computer. I reloaded both my word program and adobe but still can't open anything here. I just tried to open the doc Keith attached of the pb trifle and it won't open either! :cry:

I don't know, Jodi. I'm not having any trouble. Have you tried using a different browser? I've noticed that some sites work better with particular browsers.

Hmm, I haven't tried that yet Rae. I've never used anything but IE before and I've never had any problems on this site or others until the last month - and then only on this site...very frustrating when there are so many great documents from cheffers on here that I'd just love to see!

I usually have to open them twice, I assumed it was my computer, but now I am not sure!

It keeps saying there was an error opening this document. File can not be found. VERY FRUSTRATING!

Here's a couple things to try:

Save it instead of trying to open it from here; then go out to where you saved it and see if it will open for you.

Check the version of Acrobat that you're using - you may need to download the newest version.

You can also download Google Chrome. It's what I use now, and love it. The ONLY problem with it is if I send a TT newsletter to my icontact account, I have to go into IE to view it and make changes. Other than that, Google Chrome gives me no problems.If you still have problems, let me know. I just saved the PB Trifle recipe to my computer, and can e-mail it to you.

I sometimes have problems with Google Chrome. I think it's the combination of the browser, my dial-up service, and my computer. I also sometimes have troubles with Firefox (my preferred browser), and IE.

chefa said:
Here's a couple things to try:

Save it instead of trying to open it from here; then go out to where you saved it and see if it will open for you.

Check the version of Acrobat that you're using - you may need to download the newest version.

WOOHOO! Doing it this way worked with no problem whatsoever. Wierd pain in the neck thing now will be deleting everything I click to save and view if it's not what I need lol but I'm willing if it's the only way to view files and attachments here! I really wish I knew why it all of a sudden started happening though. I DO have the newest reader and new word version as well and haven't had any problems on here in the almost five years I've been a member...hmmm

Thanks so much for your help! Thanks also to everyone else for their suggestions and input! :)

1. Why can't I open my can opener?

There could be a few reasons why you are having trouble opening your can opener. One possibility is that the blades are dull and need to be sharpened or replaced. Another reason could be that the gears inside the opener have become jammed or rusted. It is also important to make sure you are using the can opener correctly and applying enough pressure. If the issue persists, we recommend contacting our customer service for further assistance.

2. My garlic press won't open, what should I do?

If your garlic press is not opening, it could be due to a buildup of garlic residue on the hinges. Try cleaning the press thoroughly with warm, soapy water and then use a lubricant like cooking spray or vegetable oil on the hinges. If it still won't open, there may be an issue with the mechanism and you may need to contact our customer service for a replacement.

3. How do I open the bottle opener on my multi-tool?

To open the bottle opener on your multi-tool, first make sure the tool is open and the blade is folded out. Then, use your thumb to push down on the top of the bottle opener until it clicks open. You can then use it to open your bottle. If you are still having trouble opening it, please refer to the instruction manual or contact our customer service for assistance.

4. My knife won't open, what should I do?

If your knife is not opening, it could be due to a few reasons. First, make sure that you are using the correct technique and applying enough pressure to open the blade. If the knife has a locking mechanism, make sure it is unlocked before trying to open the blade. If the issue persists, the knife may need to be sharpened or there could be an issue with the mechanism. Please contact our customer service for further assistance.

5. Why won't my jar opener open a specific jar?

The jar opener should be able to open most jars, but there may be some instances where it will not work on a specific jar. This could be due to the shape or size of the jar lid, or if the lid is on too tight. We recommend trying a different jar opener or using a different technique, such as tapping the lid with a spoon, to try and open the jar. If you are still having trouble, please contact our customer service for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jwpamp
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • lesliec
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224