• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who (or What) is Pulling Your Team Back into the Bucket?

After a bit of discussion, she identified that crab as "being too afraid to ask". After that, we would help them see that there are other crabs in their life that support them and want the best for them. We would also talk about how to identify and defeat that crab.
baychef
Silver Member
Ok, I am just a little sick, but had to have a little fun. My newsletter had pictures of Sebastian from Little Mermaid and a cartoon type picture of crabs in a bucket. The article I wrote was about the behavior of crabs in a bucket and they act when about to go into a pot of boiling water. When a crab goes to escape, the other crabs do their best to try to pull the crab back into the bucket. And with that in mind, "who or what are the crabs that are trying to pull them back into the bucket". Many noted some significant others, but it was a fun way of talking about the power of positive thinking.

I bought light up pens with Sebastian surrounded by little yellow feathers. I would have loved to treat them to a crab leg dinner, but the pens were more affordable! We have a good time and we loved the fact that they could go home and tell their hubbies that they got crabs at the meeting tonight!

It was a fun way to end a very long day for me.

Sorry to hi-jack the thread but

This remark is to Katie0128 - you thought that the title of my thread was unusual :eek:

Katies quote to my thread called - Just got the e-mail . . .

Teresa... when I read the title to your thread, it sounded like you contracted an unmentionable and dreaded disease. What can I say... it's late and my brain cell is on strike or asleep... I never know the difference.

:chef:

Wow, very fitting for this time of year. Most consultants seem to have something pulling them back in the bucket for sure. This is a good way to find out what that is! Thanks for sharing. :)

whiteyteresa said:
Sorry to hi-jack the thread but

This remark is to Katie0128 - you thought that the title of my thread was unusual :eek:

Katies quote to my thread called - Just got the e-mail . . .

Teresa... when I read the title to your thread, it sounded like you contracted an unmentionable and dreaded disease. What can I say... it's late and my brain cell is on strike or asleep... I never know the difference.

:chef:

But you just got "the email"... at least Ann's group knew what they got!

Yeah...better than giving them a worm, virus or trojan :eek:

It seemed to be so fitting. I have a few consultants that have spouses that sometimes support them and then make it extremely difficult for them or make snide remarks.

We talked about other crabs can be the last 10 people you talked to that said no to either a show or the business opportunity.

The list goes on and on. I didn't make them do it there, but I asked them to go home and make a list identifying "crabs that are trying to pull you back into the bucket" One of the crab's name can even be themselves for starting to believe the negative things that some around them may be saying.

Have a crabby day!!!

Can you post the article so we can all name our crabs?

When I go home, I can copy what I wrote. I sort of pieced together some different versions to make it "flow" for what I needed.

Hopefully this will attach! I have it on an older version of Publisher so I just copied the page onto a word file. Feel free to use what you like.

As far as naming their crabs...I went around the room to see if they could identify at least one crab. Throughout the meeting, when we heard a "crab" thought, we would help them see that a certain way of thinking may be one of the crabs pulling them down into the bucket. An example of that is a new consultant stated that she didn't want to ask people to host a party, it would seem pushy...there are several species of crabs in our business!

Attachments

• Crab theme newsletter cover story.doc
    1.1 MB · Views: 416

What is "My Team Went Home With Crabs!"?

"My Team Went Home With Crabs!" is a fun and interactive team building game from Pampered Chef. It is a great way for teams to bond and work together while also learning about our products.

How do you play "My Team Went Home With Crabs!"?

To play "My Team Went Home With Crabs!", each team is given a set of Pampered Chef products and a set of challenges to complete. The team that completes all the challenges first wins the game!

What types of challenges are included in "My Team Went Home With Crabs!"?

The challenges in "My Team Went Home With Crabs!" range from cooking and baking tasks to product demonstrations and games. They are all designed to be fun and engaging while also showcasing the versatility and quality of our products.

Can "My Team Went Home With Crabs!" be customized for different group sizes and settings?

Yes, "My Team Went Home With Crabs!" can be customized for different group sizes and settings. Our team will work with you to create a personalized experience that fits your specific needs and goals.

What are the benefits of playing "My Team Went Home With Crabs!"?

Playing "My Team Went Home With Crabs!" has many benefits, including team bonding, increased communication and collaboration, and learning about our products in a fun and interactive way. It is a great way to boost morale and engagement within your team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
buckeyefan08
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
baychef
  • pchefkristin