• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who is the Original Creator of the Viral Peeps Sunflower Cake?

In summary, to make a Peeps cake, prepare a yellow cake mix according to the instructions on the box and pour it into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Arrange Peeps on top and use food coloring to color the batter in between. Bake and let it cool before serving. Any type of cake mix can be used, but the color may affect the appearance. The number of Peeps needed depends on the size of the pan. Homemade cake batter can also be used, and the cake should be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 2-3 days. Before serving, let the cake sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
babywings76
Gold Member
Have you guys seen that Peep's cake on FB someone shared that looks like a sunflower cake?

Who originally made it or posted it?

Nevermind...Found Deb's post that said:peeps Cake

**Thank you to my fellow PC Consultant Desiree for sharing this recipe!**

1 devils food cake mix and ingredients on box to complete.
5 sleeves of peeps
1 container of chocolate frosting
1 bag of milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Make cake according to box in classic batter bowl mixing with my favorite mix and masher. Pour into 12 inch family skillet bake for 27 minutes. Flip out on stackable cooling rack. Cool completely. Ice the top of cake with larger spreader. Arrange peeps beak in tail out. Pour chocolate chips into center of cake, making one later of "seeds". Slice and enjoy....beware of MAJOR sugar rush if served to anyone under the age of 8. :)

I saw a peeps cake in a magazine (can't recall which one) that was a double layer cake with peeps lined up on the outside edge all the way around, and jelly beans, I believe, covering the entire top. Very cute.

Here the picture that was posted on FB:

Attachments

• 522327_367252953298077_235394579817249_1188498_1354589718_n.jpg
    522327_367252953298077_235394579817249_1188498_1354589718_n.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 430
gailz2 said:
I saw a peeps cake in a magazine (can't recall which one) that was a double layer cake with peeps lined up on the outside edge all the way around, and jelly beans, I believe, covering the entire top. Very cute.

I have seen a picture of that one floating around FB too. (along with the sunflower one).

I made it and it was so cute. It earned $200 at a dessert auction for a friend with breast cancer. It took literally minutes to decorate!

Related to Who is the Original Creator of the Viral Peeps Sunflower Cake?

1. How do I make the Peeps cake?

To make the Peeps cake, you will need a box of yellow cake mix, a package of Peeps marshmallow candies, and some food coloring. Prepare the cake mix according to the instructions on the box, and then pour the batter into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Arrange the Peeps on top of the batter, and use food coloring to color the batter in between the Peeps. Bake the cake according to the instructions on the box, and let it cool before serving.

2. Can I use a different type of cake mix?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix you prefer for the Peeps cake. However, keep in mind that the color of the cake may affect the appearance of the Peeps. For example, a chocolate cake mix may not show the colored batter as well as a yellow cake mix.

3. How many Peeps do I need for the cake?

The number of Peeps you will need depends on the size of your baking pan. For a 9x13 inch pan, you will need approximately 20 Peeps. If you are using a different size pan, you can estimate the number of Peeps needed by arranging them on top of the batter before baking.

4. Can I use homemade cake batter instead of a box mix?

Yes, you can use homemade cake batter for the Peeps cake. Just make sure to adjust the measurements accordingly to fit the size of your baking pan. You can also add food coloring to the homemade batter to achieve the same effect as using a boxed mix.

5. How should I store the Peeps cake?

The Peeps cake should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It is best to consume the cake within 2-3 days. Before serving, you can let the cake sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes to soften the Peeps and make them easier to cut through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcchefjane
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CRuff
  • Kitchen2u