• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which New Products Will Customers Want to See?

In summary, customers are going to want to see sample pieces of SS cookware, the new bamboo (for the color), appetizer plates and caddy, the cranberry scraper, sprinkles, and the 29 minute cookbook.
MomToEli
The Sample Pack Questions thread prompts this question, but I thought I'd make it it's own thread ...

Which of the new products do you think are the "must haves"? I got thinking this morning that if I were a new consultant, the only new product in my kit would be the restyled pizza cutter! I also realize that I don't want to spend all of my remaining PC$ on new products - unless maybe it's cookware. There are current things I want - just waiting for my KE month (September). I'm moving from "want to get" to "should get".

So, what items do you think customers are really going to want to see?

a sample piece of SS cookware
a sample piece of the new bamboo (for the color)
Appetizer Plates and Caddy (not necessarily the whole set, but the size of the plate. And some will ask about the weight when it's full.)
cranberry-accented SA (whether you get the small squares or one of the platters)
a sample cranberry scraper
sprinkles
29 minute cookbook

A lot of the other items are either fairly "specialty" or are similar enough to items that DO come in the kit (like the new forged cutlery pieces), that you can show them the piece you do have and then refer them to the catalog.

I know my customers love the scrapers in color! They may not necessarily have to see it in person to love it though...

I always seem to have one yahoo at each show who NEEDS to see the color in person.

chefann said:
I always seem to have one yahoo at each show who NEEDS to see the color in person.

There's alway one "pain" in every crowd isn't it? :D

I found that out also.. there is always someone who wants to see everything!

JaimeQ said:
I found that out also.. there is always someone who wants to see everything!
And then they usually end up placing a $15 order. :rolleyes:

chefann said:

You guys are making me laugh!!!

(only cuz those "yahoos" show up at my demos too!!)

:D :D :D

KellyTheChef said:
You guys are making me laugh!!!

(only cuz those "yahoos" show up at my demos too!!)

:D :D :D
Admit it! The customers at shows who are the biggest pain in the patootie (asking bizarre questions, taking up all your order/shmooze time, wanting to see every little thing in the catalog) are the people who also complain the most about the prices, order 1 stupid little tool, and NEVER book a show!

chefann said:

It's true!! and then when you tell them you don't have the item they want to see they kinda give you a look like, well what good are you!:rolleyes:

chefann said:
Admit it! The customers at shows who are the biggest pain in the patootie (asking bizarre questions, taking up all your order/shmooze time, wanting to see every little thing in the catalog) are the people who also complain the most about the prices, order 1 stupid little tool, and NEVER book a show!
LOL

I admit it!!

The same thing goes for those people who stand at a fair booth and get you all excited (cuz you are thinking they are soooooooooo interested they WILL book or sign.....) and then they say something like "Yea, my sister sells PC" or "I am so excited! My show is with Suzie Consultant in a week!"

DOH!

KellyTheChef said:
LOL

I admit it!!

The same thing goes for those people who stand at a fair booth and get you all excited (cuz you are thinking they are soooooooooo interested they WILL book or sign.....) and then they say something like "Yea, my sister sells PC" or "I am so excited! My show is with Suzie Consultant in a week!"

DOH!

That would erk me!! Those are the people that only stop by your booth for the drawing:p

chefann said:

That's what I'm afraid of :p

I had a girl the other day (who I KNOW has loads of money) naming all kinds of stuff she was going to get and what she wanted and she ended up ordering one think - I think the micro cooker! What happened to hose forged knives you had to have?!!!:mad: Don't get my and the host hopes up!!!:mad:

chefann said:

In defense of the Yahoos - I used to work as a housewares buyer for a large Hardware Store. When it was slow - sometimes I would help out on the floor, and that included sometimes helping to mix paint. "Cranberry" (like beige) is a very difficult color to match. There are so many variations - and it is sooo easy to look at something in a catalog (or a tiny paint chip) and THINK that it's the color you already have in your house.......but really, you need to see it and match it to know. Even with the cranberry stoneware & the items we had last Fall/Winter, If I didn't have the color with me - people would ask me if it was a "True" cranberry or not. I get it - I know why they want to know!:rolleyes:

JaimeQ said:
It's true!! and then when you tell them you don't have the item they want to see they kinda give you a look like, well what good are you!:rolleyes:
I hate that look! Um, hello? Have you SEEN how many things are in the catalog? Do you honestly think I can drag all of them to every show?
(FYI - there are 348 items in the Fall catalog, not counting host half price combos.)

ChefBeckyD said:
If I didn't have the color with me - people would ask me if it was a "True" cranberry or not. I get it - I know why they want to know!:rolleyes:
I do understand why people do it, but it's still annoying. :) Especially when we had multiple colors (the citrus summer, and ocean colors summer). Luckily, the small oval baker comes in both the FV and Cran, so I take those as "color chips" to my shows.

I just tell them that it is impossible for me to pack up my entire kitchen.....but yep, they always ask me too....Oh, and they are usually the ones that ask me thousands of questions about bar pans and forged knives, and then end up ordering a batter bowl!

Poor Sandy. We completely hijacked her thread.

Oh well, she should expect it by now. :D

That is soooo funny because it's true!!! Especially about the people you know can but the whole catalog and end up getting a mix n chop. I had a host postpone her party so her rich MIL can come and I think the MIL ended up spending about $20!

Christ Follower said:
That is soooo funny because it's true!!! Especially about the people you know can but the whole catalog and end up getting a mix n chop. I had a host postpone her party so her rich MIL can come and I think the MIL ended up spending about $20!

Hey! Were you at my last show??? There were 4 people there - and we had to wait for the 5th to arrive to begin the show......she got there 15 minutes late - and left early - taking the catalog with her because there were so many things she wanted to order.....and her daughter was going to order also - and she would put the order in online......when the order came in.........

it was for............................

Yep! You guessed it!.........................

The order was for 1 Mix n Chop!!!!!:eek: :mad:

Just remember all of those tiny orders do add up. (and YES they bug me too. Not the small order, but the amount of time and energy they take)Also, at booths I find people stopping by that are consultants!! HELLO!! Don't take up my valuable time. Leave a card, or take mine and contact me if you need something or whatever. They want to chat about how they just started and such. Fine, but if I have a person walking up, STOP talking! Wow...huh...hasn't even happened for awhile. See what you all bring out of me?Oh...and I think that the original question was answered quite well. Those are the main things I'll probably bring too.

Thats too funny. People are crazy like that:p

chefann said:
Poor Sandy. We completely hijacked her thread.

Oh well, she should expect it by now. :D

You did. And I do. And I try to pay back in kind from time to time. Well, not intentionally, but at least I don't feel awfully guilty about it :p

The new small squares w/cranberry accent are really nice plates! I didn't realize how big the "small" plates were ...

When I place my KE order, I get one of anything 50% off, up to a $500 retail limit, yes?

The small plates are a great lunch plate. I use the medium ones for dinners when I have company, and the smalls for dessert.
If you're going to carry 1 plate to a show for a sample, I recommend a small square because it's not so huge. Make it the cranberry accent piece, and take the tiles small bowl and a dots piece, and you've got the collection covered. :)

MomToEli said:
When I place my KE order, I get one of anything 50% off, up to a $500 retail limit, yes?
Almost - 40% off.

chefann said:
a sample piece of SS cookware
a sample piece of the new bamboo (for the color)
Appetizer Plates and Caddy (not necessarily the whole set, but the size of the plate. And some will ask about the weight when it's full.)
cranberry-accented SA (whether you get the small squares or one of the platters)
a sample cranberry scraper
sprinkles
29 minute cookbook

A lot of the other items are either fairly "specialty" or are similar enough to items that DO come in the kit (like the new forged cutlery pieces), that you can show them the piece you do have and then refer them to the catalog.

Good list Ann! What about the guest and kitchen towels....sooo pretty (and help cushion pieces in the show to go bag?

Oh, absolutely one of the towels, but I assumed Sandy earned the $1250 June SAT, which includes the towels. :)

Oh yeah....I was just thinking in general terms...lord knows I don't want to haul everything to shows this season! It will be hard deciding what to pack...I'm such a PC junkie myself.

legacypc46 said:
Oh yeah....I was just thinking in general terms...lord knows I don't want to haul everything to shows this season! It will be hard deciding what to pack...I'm such a PC junkie myself.

I keep reminding myself of that, since I'm afflicted with the same disease.

I really want the bamboo pieces for myself.

Ok ... here's what I'm thinking ...

Pkg D, Pkg E, Pkg F and Pkg H ... the Rectangle Platter w/Cranberry Accents, the Large Round Stone and the 3 Dots items.

Maybe.

I am a junkie myself:D I must say the cranberry is very pretty and it deff. gets me thinking about the holidays!! I already can't wait to decorate for Christmas (it's my fav. holiday and yes I have already started a count down:p)

Living in the south, I think the Coating Tray will be a hot item - cuz you know lots of people here fry everything! I'm gonna make sure I have mine at every show! And also for candy making - I make Buckeyes every Christmas (peanut butter balls) and I cant wait to try it out for those!

I think they will want to see the cranberry scrapers
The appetizer tray and caddy - my favorite new thing! I'm gonna leave that out on my counter year round for snacks!
And a sample of the SS Cookware
The cinnamon and caramel sprinkles
29 Minutes to Dinner
A new towel
That to me are the main things

Last edited:
I'm having a hard time getting excited about the Coating Tray and the Gravy Separator. I rarely coat things to fry, and I never separate the fat from my gravy! Out goes the fat ... out goes the flavor at my house. Add heavy whipping cream and enjoy!

Trying to figure out what other people will get excited about is the challenge.

I'm back and forth on the Appetizer Plates & Caddy. Do I really want to carry something that heavy to my shows? I could easy take one or two of the cranberry plates, though.

I bet the cranberry platew would look really nice stacked with the dots plate and bowl ...

I really do like the dots ....

Wow Sandy - I had not thought of how heavy that will be! So maybe just a plate or two...but for a vendor fair, definitely. I have a holiday bazaar the end of October and you better believe I will be taking it there!

Ok ... I did it! I ordered Pkg d/f/g, all the dots stuff, the rectangular platter with cranberry accents and the large round stone w/handles. I have until the end of September to order the plates w/caddy if I want them.

For now, I'm happy :D

Okay, so they are letting us order again as long as it's not a duplicate? I'm glad! $100 two times is a little easier for my DH to swallow than $200 all at once. I'm telling you, PC probably makes more $ off of consultants than guests!

KellyTheChef said:
LOL

I admit it!!

DOH!

You captured that kind of experience perfectly. I HATE when that happens at a fair / trade show. And you are SO right. The person who just HAS to see everything and asks all the difficult questions is always the one who orders 1 small product.
But in my experience, they aren't content until they tell a horror story of a product they or their neighbour's cousin's dog's hairstylist has that broke or doesn't work like they hoped (crinkle cutter) or is difficult to use. And to top it off, they like to throw that story in right at the top of the show when they are SUPPOSED to be sharing their FAVE product. Argh.

Well, my supply order is being picked and my sample order is received. If they ship tomorrow, I should have them Friday - in time for my bridal shower on Saturday! That would be GREAT!

What I really want, though, is my SS Saute pan ... when are they supposed to ship those out - anyone know?

Starting yesterday (8/1), depending on when you earned it.

Question 1: What are the new products that customers are most excited about?

The top new products that customers are buzzing about include the restyled pizza cutter, the silicone double oven mitt, the stainless steel mixing bowl set, the garlic press and slicer, and the stoneware large bar pan.

Question 2: Are there any new products that are essential for a new consultant's kit?

While it ultimately depends on each individual consultant's needs and budget, many consultants recommend starting with the restyled pizza cutter and the silicone double oven mitt as they are popular and versatile items that can be used in a variety of recipes.

Question 3: What are the "must have" items in the new product lineup?

In addition to the restyled pizza cutter and silicone double oven mitt, other "must have" items include the stainless steel mixing bowl set for its durability and versatility, the garlic press and slicer for easy meal prep, and the stoneware large bar pan for its ability to cook a variety of dishes in the oven.

Question 4: Can I use my PC$ to purchase new products?

Yes, you can use your PC$ to purchase new products. However, keep in mind that there are other current products that you may want to purchase as well, so it's important to budget and prioritize your PC$ accordingly.

Question 5: Are there any new cookware items that customers are particularly excited about?

The stainless steel mixing bowl set, the stoneware large bar pan, and the stainless steel fry pan are all popular new cookware items that customers are eager to try. Additionally, the stainless steel cookware set is a great investment for those looking to upgrade their cookware collection.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
marystell1
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • raebates
  • Products and Tips
Replies