• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Whew- That Was Close (Computer Almost Died)

In summary, Kacey's computer was infected with a virus and she had to get it fixed by her boyfriend. Kacey is getting a new computer and this one is going to her sister for when she moves out. Kacey warned everyone about viruses on her blog and then disappeared.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Well once again I have used my gift for frying hard drives, and exploding mother boards and finding only the biggest and the best viruses and spythingies out there....

I went and got myself a Trojan virus and DH had to spend a few hours fixing my computer. That's why I suddenly disappeared-incase people were wondering. :)

Along with the Trojan Horse virus I also caught myself a Cheeky Monkey and a Sassy Weasel. Kidding about those last two, but I had some evil things on there that I knew nothing about, and one of them was a coupon-finding toolbar that I didn't even know I had!

I am getting a new computer tomorrow, and this one is going to my sister for when she moves out- so I was freaking out when all of the sudden my computer starting looking like little things were taking bites out of my screen! Very strange! I ran to get DH and told him something was eating my computer, and he resuced it! :)

Thankfully, no files or motherboards, or fatherboards, or hard drives were injured during my little virus infestation!

could it be that you are burning it out by posting so much on Chef Success????;)

Wow, Kacey, that's one gift I think I will pass up. Glad things worked out well.

That's it. I'm getting a giant prophylactic to put over my laptop.

Make sure you have a decent virus scan on your system and don't go to those shady places. ;)Don't click on banners anywhere...If you don't have virus scan download AVG - it's free!

I knew there had to be a prophylactic joke in there somewhere.

Just as sure as there are always condomints at a cookout.

raebates said:
I knew there had to be a prophylactic joke in there somewhere.
I will say it was the 1st thing to cross my mind when I saw Kasey's post...but I knew KG would jump right in on that one, so I left it alone! Thanks KG for being so dependable!;)

chefmeg said:
I will say it was the 1st thing to cross my mind when I saw Kasey's post...but I knew KG would jump right in on that one, so I left it alone! Thanks KG for being so dependable!;)

He must be a latex one because I can tell you polyurethane isn't dependable! ;)

No, not Depends. They won't help until it's too late and your computer takes a...well, you get the idea.

janetupnorth said:
Make sure you have a decent virus scan on your system and don't go to those shady places. ;)

Don't click on banners anywhere...

If you don't have virus scan download AVG - it's free!
DH has ALL that stuff on my computer but for whatever reason it hasn't caught the two trojans I've been blessed with over the past 3 months. I just have to be careful of the links I click on-

Hey KG- I just got rid of a trojan, you can borrow mine! :O

EEEEEWWWWWW!!!!! a used Trojan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yep, I went there!

umno.gif

There is a HS in Kenosha whose mascot is the Trojan...yeah, LOTS of jokes in HS.Of course, I went to Horlick so that had its own set of jokes...yes, it is pronounced as it reads...Hor-lick

chefmeg said:

yep, I went there!

Wow- that was gutsy! :)

Better to be the Trojans than the French Ticklers.Did I just write that out loud?

chefmeg said:

yep, I went there!

Yeah, but at least I know it works! HA!

Ok, this brings up my story that I ALMOST told merego in the Killer Brownie thread...So DH is about 15 and his dad wants him to come up stairs and help move his parent's bed. The move it and he finds a condom wrapper by the one leg. TOTALLY embarrassed at the thought that his parents had sex more than 4 times (once for each kid), he grabbed the wrapper, shoved it in his pocket to throw away later for them. Well, he forgets and throws his jeans down for laundry. His mom finds the wrapper while emptying pockets and sends his dad to have a talk with him. His dad pulls him aside and pulls out the wrapper and says, "Is there something you need to tell me about?" DH looks at dad and says, "Don't you mean there is something you need to be telling us? I found it when moving your bed with you and was embarrassed that YOU were using it!"So, that is our "famous" used Trojan story.

Kitchen Diva said:
Yeah, but at least I know it works! HA!
For now.Stop opening attachments to emails, okay?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
For now.

Stop opening attachments to emails, okay?
Sadly it was after opening an attachment from a link on one of these threads that started the downward spiral of nastiness on my poor computer.

Yikes! You did say an attachment on a link, not an attachment on here, right?

Kitchen Diva said:
Sadly it was after opening an attachment from a link on one of these threads that started the downward spiral of nastiness on my poor computer.
I sure hope it wasn't one of mine. As far as I know, all my links are safe and I always test them before I post them.

janetupnorth said:
Yikes! You did say an attachment on a link, not an attachment on here, right?
I meant a link on here that was provided... I sometimes interchange those two things.

No it started after I clicked on that link you gave for the Wii- from that Trix guy- which led to a link for a Utube video that brought me somewhere I wasn't sure I should be, so I only clicked on the video- nothing on the website (because there was naughty semi-neked people banners on the website) and after I watched that video that ChefAnn told me about is when everything went to heck in a handbasket.

ChefAnn found the healthy link to the video she mentioned- but it was too late for my computer.

Yikes!I know the Wii video was safe...I checked that on a well-protected PC.But didn't intend to lead you astray at all...but outside influences surrounding it! ;)

janetupnorth said:
Yikes!

I know the Wii video was safe...I checked that on a well-protected PC.

But didn't intend to lead you astray at all...but outside influences surrounding it! ;)

Oh, I know- don't worry. I went looking for a video Ann suggested I might like, and couldn't find it- so when I did I was a little concerned because of the banners on the page, so I was very careful to not click on anything but that video...and like I said it went from bad to worse. I knew the computer was acting up before I went there, but that was the proverbial straw that broke it's little back!

Related to Whew- That Was Close (Computer Almost Died)

1. How can I prevent my computer from almost dying?

The best way to prevent your computer from almost dying is to regularly update your software and operating system, invest in a good quality surge protector, and shut down your computer properly when not in use.

2. What causes a computer to almost die?

There are several factors that can cause a computer to almost die, including power surges, hardware malfunctions, software viruses, and overheating.

3. Can I recover my data if my computer almost died?

In most cases, yes. If your computer is still functional, you can back up your data onto an external hard drive or cloud storage. If your computer is completely dead, you may need to seek professional data recovery services.

4. How can I extend the lifespan of my computer?

To extend the lifespan of your computer, it is important to regularly clean and maintain it, avoid overloading it with too many programs and files, and avoid exposing it to extreme temperatures.

5. Is it worth it to repair a computer that almost died?

It depends on the extent of the damage and the cost of repairs. In some cases, it may be more cost-effective to replace the computer rather than repair it. It is best to consult with a professional to determine the best course of action.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • hollye44
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedbecky
  • General Chat
Replies