• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Where Do You Hold Your Meetings?

In summary, the director is thinking about holding meetings at different locations, but is worried that not everyone will be able to attend.
chefkathy
We need a public location (not our homes) for meetings. I meet with another director and we have a sister Team Leader who joins us. But the other director and I have not had a great turn out. Last month it was supposed to be at my house, but then none of my people were coming, so we changed it last minute to be at the other director's house and I stayed home.

Anyway, we want a public location so that any of us can run the meeting if the situation happens again. In the above situation, if we had set up our meeting at Panera or something, then the Team Leader could have just done the meeting herself.

So where do you meet if it's not in your home or someone else's home?

It's been a pain to have our meetings at our house with it being for sale. I had our Spring Kick-Off in January in a meeting room at our public library. I paid for it, but it was worth it as it was a great set-up, easy to get to and plenty of parking.

Since I am the only Director at my meetings, I usually hold them at my home. However, this month I held it at a local Starbucks. It is a very large location and has a room we can use for free. No door, but there is a curtain you pull for privacy.

I do meetings with my Senior Director in a meeting room at a hotel. It's $30 each time.

I have mine at home but It's getting harder to uproot my whole crowd here to do it. I'd love to find a central public place ... thanks for the question and the posts already...can't wait to hear more ideas.

I would do it at my church, but they won't rent to me (cuz it's about making money)I am thinking about Panera--it's in a good, accessible location and it's a large store, so we could be in a corner and not bother anyone.

We were just talking about that today. I do mine with my AD at either of our homes, we switch off. But this morning we had 12 people at our meeting in her kitchen and it was too much.I am thinking of my homeowners association common room.

This has been a real problem for me too but I am blessed by an :angel:ANGEL...one of my downline finds it easier for us to have it at her home. I am always asking her to let me know if it gets to be too much, but she panics if we don't....she is a TRUE:angel::angel::angel:

If not for that, I am not sure what I would do. Annie, thanks for letting me know the cost of a hotel meeting room. That is cheaper than the $50 each time we meet at a church. If I had anything more than the monthly meeting, they were going to charge an additional $50 for each time!:bugeye:

I have thought about holding Opportunity chatchs at Panera but haven't done this yet.

Since I am the only director I hold the meetings at my house but I have done them at a local coffee shop (now closed :( ). I am actually central for everyone and other than that closed coffee shop there isn't a choice. I am thinking of moving the meeting somewhere though... but then it is nice not having to lug things anywhere.

I have done it in my home since last February. This month I was led to decide to have it at my church. Angel that my pastor is, no charge :) He thinks it should be used if it is available and I do stuff for them, so why not the other way around.
Anyhoo- it's not about that.

Have you ever had a fish?
When that fish is in a little bowl, it's a little fish- But, when it is in a bigger bowl, it grows to be a bigger fish.
Just like we design our recognition to be duplicatable and to recognize what we want repeated. Shouldn't we pick a meeting space that reflects what we want the size of our organizations to be?
If you build it they will come :)
my 2 cents

Your welcome Ann!

Also--I hold my New Product Previews at our local Godfather's Pizza Restaurant. They have a private meeting room that you can use for free and just pay for your pizza. They have no minimum purchase either (and I always go with coupons)! They've also let me bring in my own beverages and desserts as well! We've thought about moving our meetings there as well...

I now have it at my house...which is getting too small.

Before I promoted to Director, the meetings were at the public library. The library in my city doesn't have a room available at night. :(

Koolotus said:
I have done it in my home since last February. This month I was led to decide to have it at my church. Angel that my pastor is, no charge :) He thinks it should be used if it is available and I do stuff for them, so why not the other way around.
Anyhoo- it's not about that.

Sore spot for me--I do the work of someone who SHOULD be salaried at my church, but they WILL NOT let me use the building for meetings or events, even if I pay to rent. They will not let anyone do anything that makes money in the church building.

DebbieJ said:
Sore spot for me--I do the work of someone who SHOULD be salaried at my church, but they WILL NOT let me use the building for meetings or events, even if I pay to rent. They will not let anyone do anything that makes money in the church building.

The church I worked at had the same policies. I couldn't do a fundraiser there either - even if I gave them 100% of my commission. They said "someone" is making money so it's not allowed.

I was holding them @ my house but I felt bad b/c 1/2 my cluster was driving over 40 minutes so I cut the difference in 1/2 & found a church that I rent for $30/month & it's SOOOOOO much easier b/c I don't have to kick-out my family to me it's worth it.
plus I have had more in attendance & my director has joined in my meetings :)

We have also had them @ a local pizzeria in a separate room for no charge I do that for something special b/c we can't demonstrate a recipe....but he has let me bring in dessert.

HTH!

I'm no longer located with any of my team members, so I sometimes attend the meetings of a fellow director in my town. She holds them in a room at a local IHOP. The place is almost always empty since the economy tanked...I think they're grateful to have us come (we always order food).

I also agree with Cheryl that using a larger than needed space sends a subtle message about growing the team and bringing guests.

I don't recommend holding meetings within the regular area of a coffee shop or restaurant. The discussions could sound off-putting to those who don't understand this is a business (i.e. how to cross-sell, how to generate recruit leads, how to deal with lazy hosts, etc). Did any of you catch the cell phone video of that cop talking in a bar about a murder victim? I'd cringe if someone posted video out of context of consultants ranting about rude customers.

Koolotus said:
I Shouldn't we pick a meeting space that reflects what we want the size of our organizations to be?
If you build it they will come :)

Hmmm...it would be too long of a drive from upstate/northern NY...but I wonder if the Super Dome in Texas would be available for a nominal fee?:confused:

My home was getting too crowded, plus I felt more pressured to get the house in order than to plan a meeting (housework and I require more effort than normal). My consultant's house is big and we could easily hold several more.

I will look into the meeting room idea too because I want to start having a Team Leader/Director training. I have no directors yet, but I have 3 TL that are one or two consultants away from directorship. The third one will come along but is not as close. To segway on Cheryl's theme of the size of the meeting room...train on it and they will promote!

bethcooks4u said:
The church I worked at had the same policies. I couldn't do a fundraiser there either - even if I gave them 100% of my commission. They said "someone" is making money so it's not allowed.

perhaps the church is the "Someone" LOL.

Does your church hold fundraisers at all for themselves?

ChefVee said:
perhaps the church is the "Someone" LOL.

Does your church hold fundraisers at all for themselves?

I think they meant that our company (Pampered Chef) was making money. The only fundraisers they do are dinners as far as I have ever heard.

Related to Where Do You Hold Your Meetings?

1. Where do you typically hold your meetings?

At Pampered Chef, we hold our meetings at various locations such as conference rooms, hotels, restaurants, and even in our own homes. We like to switch up the locations to keep things fresh and interesting.

2. Do you ever hold meetings virtually?

Yes, we do hold virtual meetings for those who cannot physically attend. We use online meeting platforms to connect with our team members and conduct meetings just as we would in person.

3. Can I suggest a location for a meeting?

Absolutely! We are always open to suggestions for meeting locations. If you have a great idea for a meeting spot, please let us know and we will consider it for our next meeting.

4. Is there a preferred type of venue for meetings?

We do not have a preferred type of venue for meetings. We believe that different locations offer different benefits and we like to switch things up. However, we do ensure that the venue can accommodate our team and has a professional atmosphere.

5. Are meetings held at specific times or dates?

Our meetings are typically held during weekdays, but the exact time and date can vary. We try to schedule meetings at a time that is most convenient for our team members and may occasionally hold weekend meetings if necessary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamela
  • Malinda Klein