• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When I Do My Demo I Hardly Sell the Items in My Demo but the Other

In summary, Chris brought a lot of products to her demo, but she is considering cutting back on the amount she brings. She is also considering doing most of her prep work ahead of time to save time and energy during the demo.
PCSarahjm
When I do my demo I hardly sell the items in my demo but the other products that I talk about or show is what is purchased! Which is fine but I am packing alot of products. How many of you prep all ingredients before the show and have everything clean and just talk about the products? I want to cut down on my load and need some new fresh ideas for my shows! I did a bridal show last weekend.....I had everything chopped diced mixed and let the bride assemble the recipe. While I gave her the instructions on how the recipe went and she assembled I talked about the products that were used. It seemed to go really quick and the guests like it. I was wondering about sort of adapting my shows to this...what do you think?

Re: Products/showsI think that if you are finding this works for you then absolutely do it. That is what is so great about this business. We can present our products however we want.
I personally like to get the guests active while doing the demo. Even if it is not "interactive". I get them to talk about why they love this particular product. I use lots of funny stories and such to get them laughing and to keep their attention.
But this sounds like something that will really work well for you, so I say, Go for it!!

Re: Products/showsSometimes people buy what I show, sometimes not. What I really want to sell (Higher priced items) I don't yet own, so I'm out of luck there! The catalog does a great job showing things, though.

I'm struggling with knowing what all I should bring. The new consultant products in the tote is quite heavy. Plus, now I'm wanting to also bring other favorites from home and the S/S items that are best sellers.

I'm curious as to what you seasoned consultants do! :) How much stuff do you bring? I know before when I would go to shows, I'd be curious to see some things in person. But you can't possibly bring everything! So how do you pick and choose, and not break your back! :)

Re: Products/showsI agree with Chris, do what works for you. I will do 90% of my prepping before I go.

Re: Products/showsI have some trouble with the interactive shows....I can't always get people to do things. I feel like I have to beg them sometimes. So I was thinking that if I did most of the chopping diceing and such before hand then I can just pass the item around for them to get their hands on it. And if they want to try it out then they can! I don't take everything in the startup kit....but have been taking lighter items like a small S/A piece and collaspible bowl, spices/rubs, and small piece of cookware. That has helped alot but I just feel sometimes that my guests are overwelmed with products.

Re: Products/showsI actually have a group of ladies that book shows with me cause I don't make them do anything. They didn't like getting up and preparing the recipes.

Re: Products/shows
rennea said:
I actually have a group of ladies that book shows with me cause I don't make them do anything. They didn't like getting up and preparing the recipes.

I have started asking at the beginning of the show if there is a volunteer or two...that gives me an idea of what type of crowd I have. I have noticed lately that my guests want a shorter demo so there is more time for socializing and looking at the catalog. So I have been trying to slim it down a bit.

I have a regular cooking show on Saturday. I am going to try to have everything prepped and dishes clean before the guests arrive and then just assemble the dish as the demo. Just to see if sales are up or down. And how the guests react!

Re: Products/shows
babywings76 said:
I'm curious as to what you seasoned consultants do! :) How much stuff do you bring?

I bring what I need for the recipe, the host and guest special item for the current month, and the host special item for the month(s) that I want to book. I also ask my host during host coaching if there is anything on her list she would like to see since I don't bring everything. Lately I've also been throwing in the Grill Basket full of rubs so people can sniff those. :)

That's it.

What are some tips for improving sales during a Pampered Chef demo?

1. Be prepared: Make sure you have a good understanding of the products and how to use them before the demo. This will help you confidently showcase the products and answer any questions that may come up.

2. Engage your audience: Encourage your guests to participate in the demo by asking them questions, involving them in the cooking process, and allowing them to try the products.

3. Highlight the benefits: Show your guests how the products can make their cooking and meal prep easier and more efficient. Share personal experiences or customer testimonials to further emphasize the benefits.

4. Offer promotions: Consider offering a special deal or promotion during the demo to entice guests to make a purchase. This could be a discount, free gift, or bundle deal.

5. Follow up: After the demo, follow up with your guests to answer any additional questions they may have and remind them of any special offers or discounts. This can help turn potential customers into actual buyers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • KellerCooks
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies