• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When Guests Check off on Their Dpds....

In summary, the author suggests giving 30% of the commission to the group, with an incentive to the top seller. They also suggest holding a show at which the customers play bingo.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
That they want more information on fundraisers, what do you give them? Do you call them first or send them information? I have 5 interested people and I already received the new Fundraiser flyers that I would like to send to them but I'm afraid that the "up to 15%" is going to scare them away. :eek: What can I do to seal the deal?

I would LOVE to have a kick-butt September-October but need help from you veterans!! :D

Thanks in advance!

I have started to donate my commission. I figure the bookings and leads will balance the money. So I tell the organization that they get about 30%.

Don't send info w/o talking to them! And don't miss talking to them, either! A big fundraiser could mean the difference in getting a trip or not!

I agree, talk to them and find out more about the group, how many ppl, etc.

I have personally decided if a group hits $1500 to kick in another 5% out of my commission to the group. I'd love to do more but that's all I can afford right now with just starting out. I figure I can revise as my business gets going.

I am also working on incentives to give the top seller, most orders turned in, etc. I know when I sold Tupperware for an incentive for HS drill team that motivated me. Any ideas? I figure either GCs for products or things like Starbucks, etc. I plan to hit up a new HS that opened last week about 10 mins from me and see if their band would like to do it.

Fundraiser IdeasMy best show by far was a fundraiser, that had an ultra-awesome host. Here is my current plan for Terrific Fundraisers:

(1) "Buy In for the Group" Batter Bowl Brownie Mix - go on PC.com and go to Downloads, then Past Celebration Recipes. Down at the bottom is the recipe for Celebration Brownie Mix - it is stupendous! (My wife insists it is the best she has ever had) You basically work with the group to make a dry mix, layered in the bowl. THIS IS INCREDIBLE FOR STUDENT GROUPS, FROM GIRL SCOUTS TO CHURCH GROUPS. THEY LOVE IT, THEY HAVE BUY-IN TO THE SHOW, THEY USE PC TOOLS TO MEASURE STUFF, IT'S GREAT! **order the bowls from your director, you can get them for $6 each.** Then sell the bowls for $12-15 with the mix - the customer gets to keep the bowl! I make 6 per each kid, giving them 5 to sell, keeping 1 in case they need more later - one kid always sells their total amount. Those who don't sell their 5 can sell them at #4 below.

(2) "Looking Good in Print"A quality flyer that explains how your fundraiser works - see attached. Go online to get good graphics for your charity.

Flyers are: PC facts - info about TPC for novices / FR facts - to help increase sales / FR letter - specifics how to / FR order form - easy to make from ones posted here

(3) "Decide about your commission" I personally choose to give away my total commission to any school fundraiser or church activity - which has amounted to about 8% of my earnings each year. Know what you can afford to give, and give it gladly. The PR and residual sales will make up for any loss at the time. Another thing you can do is give all but 5% of your commission - then, you make 'something for your trouble'. Remember PC only gives a 15% commission on FR's, so plan ahead.

(4) "Collecting Orders by calling for them at a show" Say orders are due to be dropped off at the meeting hall between 10 and 2. Hold a Chocolate Dream show or a Garnishing Tips show at 11am. Be sure to have more of the brownie batter bowls available - extras that didn't sell from #1. I've done the turtle skillet cake and microwave 321 cake, and Asian Wraps with Peking garnishes, with good success. I also did a walk-through PC products area, with tables setup with different themes like bridal, barbecue, baking, simple additions/ upcoming holidays [decorate for Christmas, Mother's Day, 4th of July, etc], new products. Very impressive - your director can help you with the products.

(5) "Dollars are spelled B-I-NGO" Charities LOVE THIS!! Coordinate a bingo game at your #4 show above. Use M&M's if you are doing a chocolate theme-be sure to toss any left afterward. Patrons pay to play, and these dollars go -1- to a medium-high price PC prize like new knives or Simple Additions, or Stoneware, or Ultimate Mandolin for prizes, and -2- to a moderate price PC prize like Simple Additions mugs or Measuring Cups or QSP or ESP or (old) knives, to 2nd and 3rd winners, and -3- to low price PC prizes like scrapers, citrus peelers, QCP knives you buy on a supply order, or twixit clips, and -4- Back To The Group. If 30 people each pay $10 to play, knowing their $ goes to the group, you have $300. You'll get more if you encourage folks to play 2 or 3 cards to increase their chances of winning. Either take out $30 for a classic rectangle stone & rack, plus $33 in a gift certificate as a Grand Prize, plus $29 for a food chopper plus $8 for low price prizes - or choose to donate these items -, and you have $200 additional to go to the group. You can make up bingo cards online (check here for sources; others have done them for PC products) and show one of our INSTANT CALORE-FREE recipes (season demos for how to create a given recipe) I like the videos showing the Baked Alaska Cake from 2004 or those showing the Tapas, Stir Fry hot/cold, and Ice Cream recipes from Sp/Su 2005 because it shows so many products. Be sure to watch the videos ahead to know which products are demonstrated. The average layman will not notice which products are used, they'll get taken in by the recipe--which is just fine. The last time I did this I used the Baked Alaska cake as a demo, showing it twice. I found about 25 tools, most people find 4 or 5 the first time they watch it. Then run the video of the others and there are SO Many Tools - you need to have them written down. When someone yells "bingo", have them bring their card up and check it against your list. First one gets Grand Prize.

Options: 4 corners Postage Stamps: covering 16 squares rather than just the 5 for bingo [for you really literal people, this would be B1, I1, B2 and I2 plus G1, O1, G2 and 02, etc.]- might make your Grand Prize harder to get. Or, do DOUBLE BINGO to win. Or, do BLACKOUT where they have to cover everything on the board.

This works especially well if you are able to serve alcohol, and if you do more than 1 game, you can offer cool tools. Have the Group Contact your Local Chamber of Commerce/State Gaming Commission to inquire about Gaming Expectations. If it is for a charity, they are typically willing to look the other way for a one-time deal. Mine only ever generate at most $1K to the group, so they are not concerned about it. Typical commercial bingo games involve $10K in prizes...you're offering hundreds in prizes, and mostly cash to the charity.

If you do this earlier in the day, offer one where kids can play for $1 a card - make the prizes a doll cake, or baseball cake from the batter bowl - as grand prizes, then a polly pocket cake or baseball hat cake from the food prep bowl as 2nd prizes, and simple favors from the dollar store as 3rd prizes. You can also do 1 kids game and 1 adults game, but you need more video/DVDs to show. You can use a Cooking Show live DVD for the kids since it tells what tools are used while it goes by - also moves slower.

(6)"Guess your way to more $"* Have an M&M guess-how-many in the bowl for a chocolate demo, or a guess-how many radishes or carrots or stems of parsley for a garnish demo. * People pay $1 a guess, $10 to the winner for a GCert, other money goes to the charity.

Attachments

• Icon JULY 2006.doc
    182.5 KB · Views: 356
  • Icon Theatre FR.doc
    353 KB · Views: 315
  • FR FactSheet.doc
    84 KB · Views: 428
  • PC Facts.doc
    63.5 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:
Scott!:eek: You are chock full of amazing ideas!! Thanks for sharing all of them!!!

Wow!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:
What great ideas!!

I am going to do a fundraiser at my grandson's school in February (Double Points ya know!! ) and your ideas have really started my wheels turning....

Thanks for sharing neighbor...:)

Might I just say WOW. I LOVE it. I'm going to talk to a lady I did a $1700 fundraiser for last year. I think we can WAY up that...

working on a fundraiser and I had such a slow July-Aug I can not offer my commission- but I am holding a raffle for a gift certificate to a local resturaunt (there are websites where you can buy #$25 certificates for $10), 100% of Season's Best orders go to fundraiser as well as Help Whip Cancer Pins ($1 each).

:) Jan, I am new to the PC family and already addicted to this site!!!! But, it would be great if you could give a name or link to those sites that offer GC for less? Thank you again.

Sarah Stetson
Dededo, Guam

Last edited:
PCGINA said:
:eek: :eek: :eek:
What great ideas!!

I am going to do a fundraiser at my grandson's school in February (Double Points ya know!! ) and your ideas have really started my wheels turning....

Thanks for sharing neighbor...:)

OK did I miss something..... Doubble points in Feb 2007?

Great ideas Scott! I am not shy to talk about our crappy classic fundraiser anymore!!

Related to When Guests Check off on Their Dpds....

1. What is a DPD?

A DPD, or "Delivery Product Description," is a form that guests fill out when placing an order at a Pampered Chef party. It lists the products they wish to purchase, their contact information, and their preferred method of payment.

2. What does it mean when a guest "checks off" on their DPD?

When a guest checks off on their DPD, it means that they have confirmed their order and are ready to make a purchase. This notifies the consultant that the guest's order is complete and can be processed.

3. Can a guest make changes to their DPD after checking off?

Yes, guests can make changes to their DPD after checking off, as long as the consultant has not yet submitted the order. Once the order is submitted, changes cannot be made.

4. How do I submit a DPD as a consultant?

To submit a DPD, log into your Pampered Chef account and click on the "Orders" tab. Then, select the DPD you wish to submit and click the "Submit" button. You will receive a confirmation once the order has been successfully submitted.

5. What happens if a guest forgets to check off on their DPD?

If a guest forgets to check off on their DPD, the consultant can reach out to them to confirm their order and ensure that all necessary information is included. Alternatively, the consultant can manually check off the guest's order on their behalf.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• slhalepc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • shelly.nurse
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
melatc
  • Bren706