• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's up With Travel Planners????

In summary, this confusion has happened every year. The Sheraton is a good option, but don't count on it. The Hilton is a good option, but don't count on it.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Has this confusion happened every year?

I've had my own bout with them...losing our reservation and our spot on the waitlist.

...and I've read about 2 other situations so far...just among our CS group...

I hope none of this spoils our excitement or fun! :(

Yes every year. Don't get me started. (again!)

This is the first year out of 3 that I've gone, that I've had problems.
I'm thinking I"m going to call the Sheraton just to make sure they have me down!

Our rooms have been booked at the Sheraton and we were going to be at the Hilton--a mix up. I think the Sheraton looks great but no 2 bathrooms, no actual Starbucks on premises but we are 3 blocks from Navy Pier and the Executive Dinner/Banquet will be at the Sheraton. WAve 1 had a Hilton group meeting at the Irish Pub 10 p.m Sun. and MOndy night. I hope I can still do that.

Julie - we're the opposite for Wave 2 - signed up at the Palmer House Hilton and on a wait list for the Sheraton.

BethCooks4U said:
Yes every year. Don't get me started. (again!)

Ah, so if I search last year's threads, there is quite a story?

janetupnorth said:
Ah, so if I search last year's threads, there is quite a story?
Actually I have whined about my problems with travel planners on several conference threads THIS year. Atlanta leadership and this year were the worse but every time there is a problem (for us anyway). I won't feel comfortable until I am checked into the hotel - I would not use them at all if they didn't have such a great rate for us but I'm still not sure it's worth it.

Yeah, kind of hard to book your own too when they have them all blocked out for consultants through them...

janetupnorth said:
Julie - we're the opposite for Wave 2 - signed up at the Palmer House Hilton and on a wait list for the Sheraton.

I'm confused is the Palmer House now a official conference hotel? I know the Hilton Chicago is but isn't that a completely different hotel? Just curious :confused:

Yes, The Palmer House is now a conference hotel. As soon as we learned that, we switched to it. The rooms were considerably larger than the ones at the Hilton. Our cluster was so excited!

Lisa

ChefLisa said:
Yes, The Palmer House is now a conference hotel. As soon as we learned that, we switched to it. The rooms were considerably larger than the ones at the Hilton. Our cluster was so excited!

Lisa
Please tell me that the rooms at the Chicago Hilton aren't smaller than the Palmer House. We're staying at Chi Hilton b/c we really didn't like the PH last year. Ugh. We did get a 2/2 this year though. That might make a difference.

We also got a 2/2 at the Hilton...however, I need to call them to make sure that I really DO have a room...I got my email confirmation, and they DID charge my CC, so I'm assuming all is okay. I know, one should never assume. I do have to notify them of a name change, so that gives me a reason to call. I'm almost afraid to. If they say they don't have a reservation for us, I'm going to have a meltdown!

On a good note...I just got my "pillow present" in the mail from Yvonne (my ED)...how nice. I'm in a different wave from my cluster so she mailed it. I'm getting excited for NC now!

WHat's a pillow present? Do I even wantto know? Sounds naughty!

Hijack...

Janet are you going for a record of the number of AV changes in one day?

My CC hasn't been charged yet. Last year for Leadership was the first time I've ever had my cc charged prior to going to Conference and I've gone to both national and leadership for 5 years. And I've never had a problem with travel planners. Although I never book it through consultant's corner.. I always call travel planners directly. Now I'm possibly in the position of having to pay for the room myself. My director and I were going to share a room and it looks like she's not going now. UGH. Oh well. I'll use it as a nice little get away! I guess when I check in I'll see if I can change my room to a single room. Not sure that the rate will change though. Oh well... everything works out the way it should, right? :)

janetupnorth said:
On a good note...I just got my "pillow present" in the mail from Yvonne (my ED)...how nice. I'm in a different wave from my cluster so she mailed it. I'm getting excited for NC now!
Lucky you! I don't think many ED's do pillow presents.

(for PCChris: A little gift left in your hotel room.)

janetupnorth said:

hmmm....now I am curious Janet??? You are in her first line aren't you?

Did anyone else get a charge from the Chicago Hilton of $198 or so on the credit card recently? I looked at my statement online and thought wtheck! Granted this is the first time the room is in my name, so I don't know if they always do this or what.

It's a deposit on the room. When you book the rooms online there's a note somewhere in the process that tells you that the credit card will be charged one night's rate sometime in June. When you check out, that amount will be subtracted from the balance of the bill.

Related to What's up With Travel Planners????

1. What is a travel planner and what do they do?

A travel planner is a professional who helps individuals or groups plan and organize their travel arrangements. This can include booking flights, accommodations, transportation, and activities, as well as providing recommendations and assistance throughout the trip.

2. How much does it cost to hire a travel planner?

The cost of hiring a travel planner can vary depending on the services provided and the complexity of the trip. Some travel planners charge a flat fee, while others may earn a commission from bookings. It's best to discuss pricing with the specific travel planner you are considering working with.

3. Can a travel planner help with both domestic and international trips?

Yes, a travel planner can assist with both domestic and international travel. They have knowledge and experience in planning trips to various destinations and can help with all the necessary arrangements for a smooth and enjoyable trip.

4. How far in advance should I hire a travel planner?

It's recommended to hire a travel planner at least 6-12 months before your planned trip. This allows enough time for the planner to research and make necessary arrangements, as well as giving you time to make any changes or adjustments to the itinerary.

5. Are there any benefits to using a travel planner instead of planning a trip on my own?

Yes, there are several benefits to using a travel planner. They have expertise and knowledge in the travel industry, which can save you time and stress in planning. They also have access to deals and discounts that may not be available to the general public, and can provide personalized recommendations based on your preferences and budget.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
twinchefs
Replies
Views
pkd09
Replies
Views
Chef Endora
Replies
Views