• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's on the Menu Tonight? Clam Bake or Baked Goods?

In summary, the conversation is about a clam bake that the speaker is thinking about doing, the warm weather, the fact that the house is still warm, how the speaker wishes the house would cool down, and the recipe for scalloped tomatoes. The speaker also mentions a dish they had at a restaurant, which was scalloped tomatoes. They recommend that someone try the recipe on Allrecipes.com. Finally, the conversation turns to Lasagna and the speaker decides that they will not be able to do it with just the two of them.
rennea
Gold Member
I've been thinking about doing a "clam bake" today. Haven't did one in ages:thumbup:

Still very warm here, sure wish the house would cool down and I could get some baking done:grumpy:

Italian Marinated Chicken Tenderloins
Scalloped Tomatoes
7 Layer Salad
Blueberry Cream Pie

That sounds so fancy...but it's really just using all the veggies in the garden, and some beautiful blueberries I have on hand!

What are scalloped tomatoes Becky?

Scalloped Tomatoes are wonderful! The first time I had them was at a delightful restaurant called Terry's in Charlevoix, Michigan. They specialize in fresh caught fish...and you don't get many choices other than the kind of fish, and the topping you want on it. They have the vegetable of the day or Scalloped Tomatoes as a side. I loved them so much - but couldn't get them to give me the recipe - but I found this one on Allrecipes.com - and it's very close to what we had at Terry's.

SCALLOPED BASIL TOMATOES

INGREDIENTS
16 plum tomatoes
2 cups cubed crustless French bread (1/2 inch cubes)
1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
1 tablespoon sugar
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS
Peel tomatoes and cut into 1/2-in. cubes; drain. In a large nonstick skillet, cook bread in oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the tomatoes, sugar and garlic; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Stir in the salt, pepper and basil. Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly.

Something with hamburger meat. Either Tacos or Spaghetti.

Sounds yummy thanks for the recipe. I think I'll be adding those to my menu tonight :)

homemade pizza for lunch. Supper? I have no idea yet.

My italian stewed tomatoes & pork chops were really yummy last night. Hubby was impressed! LOL :)

rennea said:
Sounds yummy thanks for the recipe. I think I'll be adding those to my menu tonight :)

I think they would be really good with a Clam Bake!

30 minute chicken, I think. My kids are going to "sample" a Tae Kwon Do class at 6 pm, so I need a quick easy supper.

baked chicken breast, roasted potatoes, and corn on cob.

I am being lazy since all of my kids will be gone tonight. I think that DH and I will just have sandwiches or he will pick something up!
I wanted to have Lasagna and salad but it's to much for just us!

We had tacos from scratch. No taco seasoning packets here.

1. What is the featured recipe for tonight's "What's for Dinner?" event?

The featured recipe for tonight's "What's for Dinner?" event is our delicious Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake. It's an easy and satisfying meal that the whole family will love.

2. Are there any vegetarian options for tonight's "What's for Dinner?" event?

Yes, we have a vegetarian option for tonight's "What's for Dinner?" event. Our Veggie Stir-Fry with Tofu is a flavorful and healthy choice for those who don't eat meat.

3. Can I make substitutions for ingredients in the "What's for Dinner?" recipes?

Absolutely! Our recipes are meant to be customizable to your preferences and dietary restrictions. Feel free to make substitutions to suit your needs.

4. Are the ingredients for the "What's for Dinner?" recipes available for purchase through Pampered Chef?

Yes, all of the ingredients for the "What's for Dinner?" recipes can be purchased through Pampered Chef. You can easily find them on our website or through your local Pampered Chef consultant.

5. How long will the "What's for Dinner?" event last?

The "What's for Dinner?" event typically lasts about an hour. This includes a cooking demonstration of the featured recipe and time for questions and answers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
katie0128
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • pamperedbybarbara