• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Everyone Think About the New Deadline??

still have TWO WEEKS to close it out. That is more than enough time, and that is already making the guests wait too long for their products to come in. Unless there are extenuating circumstances (like I did a show on the 25th and left for vacation on the 26th...she did not want to close the night of her show) I am now instituting a close within 2 or 3 days max policy. If they have a show Friday, they must close by Monday. That still gives them time to see "someone they work with" for a last minute order, but doesn't make everyone else wait too long for their stuff!
itsjustCarla
To qualify for Guest/Host specials??

Kinda drastic....I think.

I like it... It allows us to "blame" HO on closing show promptly.... I have had some customers who keep saying I'm waiting on just 1 more order.... I can now say that we need to close or nobody gets the specials....

I like it, it makes it so our shows get closed in a timely fashion so the guests aren't waiting forever. The deadline for any "incentive" is usually the 5th of the next month or the 31st of the month end. So I am used to it.

I think it's great actually!To hold out indefinitely on a special:1. Cheapens the host program and hinders closing. Why stick to a date when you could convince your consultant to enter a show weeks later? Also, when they hear about a great special they missed, that gives them incentive to pay attention and host. Why purchase full price when they can still get it 60% off.
2. Makes it hard to plan inventory-wise in the warehouse. Why purchase and carry extra inventory and increase the cost of products because you have to carry extra for a few months?
3. Hinders us for commission and incentives. We need to close on time to get our benefits. To close 4 weeks later postpones our commission, prevents us from getting benefits for a show for incentives in the month it SHOULD have been held. I had a few more thoughts, but there are the initial ones. I think it is a smart business decision all-around.

Oh, one more thing. It MAKES US DO OUR JOBS!We should be picking up the phone and calling or e-mailing our customers and hosts of upcoming specials. We should be advertising! We shouldn't sit back and let our customers "accidentally" hear about a special or hear about it at a recent show...we should be proactive!

janetupnorth said:
I think it's great actually!

To hold out indefinitely on a special:

1. Cheapens the host program and hinders closing. Why stick to a date when you could convince your consultant to enter a show weeks later? Also, when they hear about a great special they missed, that gives them incentive to pay attention and host. Why purchase full price when they can still get it 60% off.
2. Makes it hard to plan inventory-wise in the warehouse. Why purchase and carry extra inventory and increase the cost of products because you have to carry extra for a few months?
3. Hinders us for commission and incentives. We need to close on time to get our benefits. To close 4 weeks later postpones our commission, prevents us from getting benefits for a show for incentives in the month it SHOULD have been held.

I had a few more thoughts, but there are the initial ones. I think it is a smart business decision all-around.

Totally agree. :thumbup:
I love that I can count on Janet to do all the typing for me! :D (I hate to type!)

I actually have told my hosts something along these lines anyway, so as not to keep shows open past a week.

All good points...I have to say. I guess it's those pushovers/procrastinators like me that made them change the deadline in the first place, eh?

LOL!!!

I like it too. Makes things more urgent and I like that.
I love the fact that now when I tell a host it MUST be closed by the 15th, and they say, do you mind me asking why? I can give them a better reason than because I said so!!

I totally agree with Janet!!!

I have never pushed a show out farther than the 5th of the month after, so I don't mind at all... I always try to close my shows within a few days (at most 5). Overall I think it will be a good thing!

I agree and like it!

If a show is held on the 31st...you still have TWO WEEKS to close it out. That is more than enough time, and that is already making the guests wait too long for their products to come in.

Unless there are extenuating circumstances (like I did a show on the 25th and left for vacation on the 26th...she did not want to close the night of her show) I am now instituting a close within 2 or 3 days max policy. If they have a show Friday, they must close by Monday. That still gives them time to see "someone they work with" for a last minute order, but doesn't make everyone else wait too long for their stuff!

If we are closing our shows promptly, the deadline really should never even affect us!

KellyTheChef said:
I agree and like it!

If a show is held on the 31st...you still have TWO WEEKS to close it out. That is more than enough time, and that is already making the guests wait too long for their products to come in.

Unless there are extenuating circumstances (like I did a show on the 25th and left for vacation on the 26th...she did not want to close the night of her show) I am now instituting a close within 2 or 3 days max policy. If they have a show Friday, they must close by Monday. That still gives them time to see "someone they work with" for a last minute order, but doesn't make everyone else wait too long for their stuff!

If we are closing our shows promptly, the deadline really should never even affect us!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I think I misunderstood........I thought it was for the CURRENT guest/host special, not the specials from the previous month......duh.......THAT makes sense. I've never had to carry a show over to the next month anyway.

Then you're all set! Glad we could convince you that it is a good thing! ;)

I LOVE it!!! When my main job gets going full tilt, it will help me stay on task, but it will also make the host stop procrastinating. There is always one show that they are waiting for one last order, only to have that order eventually fall through and have the rest of the customers wait.

Now that I am getting back into doing shows again, I am going to be closing my shows the night/day of the shows.

I have been listening to some training CD's from Julie Weitz and I just love the idea of the show being done that night. Almost ALWAYS when I have held a show open for the host to gather order's, there aren't anymore. I am using her verbage about honoring those who have taken the time to come to the party and getting them their order's quickly. Also, IF there are any other order's that come in after we close the party, she can turn it into a catalog show or give them to the person who booked off of hers.

I like the idea of being in control of my business and not having to chase the host down later to close the shows.:)

It was actually a good question since it's so easy not really read/understand the "rules". I know for some companies, their current special DOES end before the end of the month and yes, must be submitted. The 15th would be a little cruel.As for what I think, no big deal to me. Not sure I've ever held a show much into the next month.

I love it!

Now if we could just get them to ease up on the "held and submitted" thing to allow for late-month shows ....

I love it! It benefits US totally! Not to mention those hourly paid warehouse workers at HO! They'll maybe have a job all month long instead of just at the end/beg of the month.

At all my shows, I'll be mentioning the new policy to everyone, not just hosts...just so everyone's on board.

Last edited:
pamperedpals said:
Now that I am getting back into doing shows again, I am going to be closing my shows the night/day of the shows.

I have been listening to some training CD's from Julie Weitz and I just love the idea of the show being done that night. Almost ALWAYS when I have held a show open for the host to gather order's, there aren't anymore. I am using her verbage about honoring those who have taken the time to come to the party and getting them their order's quickly. Also, IF there are any other order's that come in after we close the party, she can turn it into a catalog show or give them to the person who booked off of hers.

I like the idea of being in control of my business and not having to chase the host down later to close the shows.:)

She presented @ a training and was awesome! I really push to close the show the day of the show, but can't always do it. Some hosts seem to need extra time. The ones that have closed the day/night of their show seem very relieved that everything is over and the products will arrive soon! :)

Jules711 said:
It was actually a good question since it's so easy not really read/understand the "rules". I know for some companies, their current special DOES end before the end of the month and yes, must be submitted. The 15th would be a little cruel.

As for what I think, no big deal to me. Not sure I've ever held a show much into the next month.

I am right there with you on that one!!!

I never close later then the 5th.... I would never let a show stay open that long to begin with so its not a problem.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I love it!

Now if we could just get them to ease up on the "held and submitted" thing to allow for late-month shows ....

Agree completely. This will help me close shows earlier. :) (Makes it not my fault!)

BUT - I do wish we had the 5 day grace period for promotions. If I have an Aug 30/31 show, I would HAVE to have the host close it the night of the show (no problem) - but that would mean submitting the show before I can deposit the checks. Also, I know many call and verify checks before submitting a show...which would not be possible in this case.

kam said:
Agree completely. This will help me close shows earlier. :) (Makes it not my fault!)

BUT - I do wish we had the 5 day grace period for promotions. If I have an Aug 30/31 show, I would HAVE to have the host close it the night of the show (no problem) - but that would mean submitting the show before I can deposit the checks. Also, I know many call and verify checks before submitting a show...which would not be possible in this case.

Submit that reason to HO. That is very valid. I agree that shows held the last 2 days of the month should have until the end of the next business day at least!

byrd1956 said:
She presented @ a training and was awesome! I really push to close the show the day of the show, but can't always do it. Some hosts seem to need extra time. The ones that have closed the day/night of their show seem very relieved that everything is over and the products will arrive soon! :)

I've heard that but have found 2-3 FIRM days gives me the best sales. It's not too long of a wait and can be good.

I set the closing date AT THE SAME TIME I set the show date and stick to it!

At the show, I ask my guests to help Susie Host out by:
1. Booking a show so she can get the host special with you.
2. Helping her get to the next level by bringing her an outside order from a friend not here tonight. (Often I ask the host if they will do the same when they attend Jane Guests show later - they agree so I can verbalize that).

My first show I did this at another $100 of outside orders came in. At my second show, it would have been $250 if I closed there, but it closed with $667 three days later.

I like it I think it will help us get our shows closed faster and us keep on tract more.

I did not read all the posts but I whited it out of my flyer that I use for my show binder. I don't usually let shows go past the 31st of whatever month. On occasion I have told the host that we could let it stay open for a day or two. Otherwise everyone will book at the end of month and let it stagger!

janetupnorth said:
My first show I did this at another $100 of outside orders came in. At my second show, it would have been $250 if I closed there, but it closed with $667 three days later.[/QUOTE]

That is great Janet. I've never had that kind of luck. :)

I am also changing up my hc to help with closing the shows the night/day of.

I agree ... submit that to HO and I will back you up with my (pathetic) powers of persuasion.I personally will NOT submit a show unless I have the money in my account to cover it ... even though HO waits a while to actually debit the account.

BethCooks4U said:
Submit that reason to HO. That is very valid. I agree that shows held the last 2 days of the month should have until the end of the next business day at least!

Di_Can_Cook said:
I agree ... submit that to HO and I will back you up with my (pathetic) powers of persuasion.

I personally will NOT submit a show unless I have the money in my account to cover it ... even though HO waits a while to actually debit the account.

I will submit to HO...I will hunt around CC for a link. I will be suggesting that promotions go to the 5th of the next month. So, for August double points, I feel we should have a show HELD in August and Submitted NO LATER than Sept 5. Just my opinion.

Even though I personally don't check with the all the banks that the checks are valid, I make sure I have atleast made the deposit. But, I have seen on here that many consultants verify all the checks first! (And I have done this once or twice in the past when I have doubted whether the check would be good.)

I like it! I have only had a handful of hosts who seem to drag out the closing well beyond what I like. This will end it!

Sept. 1 is a holiday, so I agree ... the 5th would be great.

I love the new deadlines, especially as a way to keep some control over catalog hosts, who tend to disappear.As far as the dates for other incentives, the good way to think of it is how we were trained back when I started, but has been lost in the current push for 3-2-1. When you look at your calendar, instead of picturing 4 weeks for shows, picture 3. That last week is your week to close things out, get them submitted, and get things lined up (and coached) for the next month. If you properly control your calendar, you can minimize the shows you do that last week. Or you can always tell people that you're working toward a sales incentive and would appreciate that any orders the last week of the month be paid with a card.

chefann said:
I love the new deadlines, especially as a way to keep some control over catalog hosts, who tend to disappear.

As far as the dates for other incentives, the good way to think of it is how we were trained back when I started, but has been lost in the current push for 3-2-1. When you look at your calendar, instead of picturing 4 weeks for shows, picture 3. That last week is your week to close things out, get them submitted, and get things lined up (and coached) for the next month. If you properly control your calendar, you can minimize the shows you do that last week. Or you can always tell people that you're working toward a sales incentive and would appreciate that any orders the last week of the month be paid with a card.

That's interesting Ann! I don't remember ever being trained that way! I've never heard it explained like that.

chefann said:
I love the new deadlines, especially as a way to keep some control over catalog hosts, who tend to disappear.

As far as the dates for other incentives, the good way to think of it is how we were trained back when I started, but has been lost in the current push for 3-2-1. When you look at your calendar, instead of picturing 4 weeks for shows, picture 3. That last week is your week to close things out, get them submitted, and get things lined up (and coached) for the next month. If you properly control your calendar, you can minimize the shows you do that last week. Or you can always tell people that you're working toward a sales incentive and would appreciate that any orders the last week of the month be paid with a card.

Yes, that is a good way to think of it. The past few months I have started controlling when I do shows. Instead of whenever the host wants, (which is what I was doing - and made cancellations much worse) I decide the days I want to do shows. Since I work full time, I prefer shows on the weekend and since DH works some Saturdays, I would prefer to be doing shows when he works on those Saturdays. So, sometimes the end of the month just works out that way!

I agree, the end of the month this is tough.
I also like the idea of whiting out the info on the flyer. I don't want my hosts to know they have the opportunity to hold their show open until the 15th of the next month...why put that there?! That is information for US the consultants to know and use. not for the Customers and Hosts to know. Can make it tough for the ones that are hard to close anyhow.

Related to What's Everyone Think About the New Deadline??

1. What is the new deadline for qualifying for Guest/Host specials?

The new deadline for qualifying for Guest/Host specials is the end of each month. This means that hostesses must have their party submitted and their guests' orders processed by the last day of the month in order to receive the special offers.

2. Why was the deadline changed?

The deadline was changed in order to give our consultants and hostesses more time to plan and promote their parties. This will also allow for a smoother ordering process and ensure that all orders are processed in a timely manner.

3. Will there be any exceptions to the new deadline?

We understand that unexpected circumstances may arise, so we will make exceptions on a case-by-case basis. If you are unable to meet the deadline, please reach out to your consultant or our customer service team for assistance.

4. How will the new deadline affect the availability of the Guest/Host specials?

The new deadline will not affect the availability of the Guest/Host specials. They will still be offered each month and will be updated regularly. We encourage you to check our website or contact your consultant for the latest specials and promotions.

5. Is the new deadline permanent?

At this time, the new deadline is permanent. We believe it will benefit both our consultants and customers in the long run. However, we are always open to feedback and may make changes in the future based on customer needs and preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • dianevill
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PamperedChefDebi
  • chef_goods