• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Everyone Doing for New Year's Eve?

In summary, Carolyn is worried about the dangerous roads on NY's Eve, and is looking forward to staying home with her kids. She plans on cooking lasagne and watching tv. Her dh is working a night shift and she is going to a bar to work as a waitress.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
We have gotten into this silly tradition (being as we are total fuddy-duds) of going to to dinner with my parents, and then hitting the after-Christmas sale at Target til closing...then we go home and watch TV...total losers, I know - but I HATE the idea of being out on the roads late on NY's Eve with all the psycho drunk drivers out there...so I'd rather be home in my bed safe by 10:30.

Last year we had the kids (they are with their Dad this NYE) and we had the neighbor's & their kids over and had a shaving cream fight in the front yard at midnight (AFTER dinner with my parents and the Target sale of course)...LOL

I was just thinking of asking the same thing to everyone. My plans are pretty simple. My Dh and boys are staying home and we are having another couple and their little girl over. We are going to make lasagne and mix a couple of drinks with our new blender that my DH got for Christmas. We will probably watch some tv. Nothing to fun but at least we are not going to be out on the roads.

Yum lasagne!!
I haven't made lasagne in ages...you've just inspired me - I am going to have to make a lasagne next week!!!

DH has to work and the weather here is supposed to be yucky so I guess my son and I will just go out to dinner (he's 4 and absolutley loves to go to the restaurant!) then we'll come home, build a fire, roast marshmallows, and watch TV.....no Target for us, I did that today!

Ahhhhh, you know you're old when...

We hit our "Old Fart" stage back in '03...LOL. I was preggo with baby #2 (and last...) and we didnt want to go out and have sissy drinks all night so we stayed in and had a bunch of friends over (who, I guess were old foegies like us...eh-HEM...33...LOL) and played board games, BBQ'd and watched the ball drop. We've done the same thing every year since!

thechefofnorthbend said:
Ahhhhh, you know you're old when...

We hit our "Old Fart" stage back in '03...LOL. I was preggo with baby #2 (and last...) and we didnt want to go out and have sissy drinks all night so we stayed in and had a bunch of friends over (who, I guess were old foegies like us...eh-HEM...33...LOL) and played board games, BBQ'd and watched the ball drop. We've done the same thing every year since!

Sounds like a perfect evening to me...

I hear ya Carolyn. We are the same. TOOOO dangerous on the roads. We taped the UFC fight and are having all our friends over here. Perfect time for testing PC food and my SHPEAL for my shows....LOL. Safe and sound, kids here and no worries about anyone. Night is over by midnight and everyone is in bed...FINE FOR ME.

Jilleysue said:
I hear ya Carolyn. We are the same. TOOOO dangerous on the roads. We taped the UFC fight and are having all our friends over here. Perfect time for testing PC food and my SHPEAL for my shows....LOL. Safe and sound, kids here and no worries about anyone. Night is over by midnight and everyone is in bed...FINE FOR ME.

There ya go - you'll have a captive audience!!!
Whatcha gonna cook??

Jill---did you watch that fight?!?!?!?! I won't spoil it just in case you did, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the winner! I love hime before, but I really love him now! We taped the fight too and then we'll watch it with a bunch of people on Monday night. I cheated and watched. Shhhhhhhhh... I could never NOT watch Ortiz and Liddell!!!

Anyway, my DH is a traffic cop working a big crack down on drunk drivers tonight and tomorrow night, so me and the chilluns will be in bed by 8:30 like any other night. They have no idea about staying up til midnight and I'll mourn the day they do!

Not much of anything. Last year we had a party and only 6 ppl came. This year we did it first week of Dec and had almost 30!

We'll stay home, cook a nice dinner and just hang out, me DH and pooch.

Do plan to do a little shopping during the day and also get in one last supply order before year end for taxes :)

I'm working my old job tomorrow night..the one I quit to do PC! I will be waitressing at a bar downtown...the only reason I'm doing it is so I can go to the employee christmas party with my best friend! haha! Hopefully tips will be worth it..ugh..i usually can't stay awake past 11! This will be a great reminder of why I got outta this job to begin with.

The good thing about living in Alaska is that it gets dark between 4-5 pm, so we are going to the IL's to do fireworks with all the little kids at 6. We will have them in bed and asleep (hopefully!) by 9pm! I plan to be snoozing when the ball drops (which is played live at 8pm and recorded for midnight). I get to see it drop at 8, and still get a good night's sleep!

My date with DH will consist of us laying our new flooring in the laundry room.We are a wild bunch! We got a tankeless water heater for our house and where the old water heater sat, the floor was sagged (spent all day today under the house putting up support beams). I finally get to be rid of that alwul "1970's UGLY" linoleum (last floor in the house to be revamped). But at least it will be more pleasurable than my date from last year. We spent last New Year's sandbagging and cleaning up flood damage inside our house from the rainstorm. The sky is clear so far (knocking on wood)

Oh No.. I haven't watched it yet....i am trying not to watch at all. Dying though. I am sure someone will tell me before tomorrow comes. Tim Sylvia is one of my friends from back home, Bangor, Maine....so I started getting into the UFC when he moved away and got into it. OOOOOO I am just soooo curious now. Thanks for not saying, but I would be lying if I didn't saying I WANT TO KNOW>>>>HAHAHA!

I must be one of the crazy ones here since I will be going to my dads and getting to drink over there with all of our family friends and what not. We build a fire, make S'MORES which I am addicted to, drink, play horseshoes, talk crap, and most of all I get to make something from PC and showcase it there. Nothing like a bunch of boozers purchasing stuff... (hopefully anyway) lol. Then we kiss and give big hugs when the ball drops and bring in the new year with laughter and fun! Then I pull out the ole' couch bed and snooze. lol. :D Thank god Caleb is going to be hanging out with my grandma... She is a great babysitter. :D

We go bowling... :D I think that the adults have more fun then the kids..LOL

We are having my step-daughter and her hubby, and my brother and his GF come over to watch the BEARS game (they moved it from noon to prime-time, and messed up everyone's plans) and then play games and eat. Tomorrow, I am organizing my office, and getting ready to do some work after a 2 week break!!!!

mrssyvo said:
We are having my step-daughter and her hubby, and my brother and his GF come over to watch the BEARS game (they moved it from noon to prime-time, and messed up everyone's plans) and then play games and eat. Tomorrow, I am organizing my office, and getting ready to do some work after a 2 week break!!!!

Two week break - NICE!!
I only had 10 days off. I was planning to take a MONTH off but then got these teachers wanting to book over the holiday break so what could I do? Money is money - right??

Apparently, nothing this year! The City of Albuquerque (and those that live here) don't know what to do when it snows, and all church services in the ENTIRE CITY have been canceled!

We are definitely in the group that prefers to stick close to home or to be home early. Roads get too crazy!

Hope everyone has a great time tonight!

After trip to the ER yesterday, for xrays to find out my boyfriend fractured his ankle, we aren't doing too much!

We too are at the old fogey stage. We're staying in, making a nice dinner and playing games with the kids. We'll probably cheat and celebrate when the ball drops Eastern time so the kids can get in bed at a somewhat decent time!

jenniferknapp said:
After trip to the ER yesterday, for xrays to find out my boyfriend fractured his ankle, we aren't doing too much!

Oh no!! And injured men are NO fun - LOL
GOod luck!!!

We ususally get together w/ my dh's family and play poker. Last year we had 6 tables and I won 2nd place on my first time playing. But no one called so it looks like we are staying home, good thing my 2 year old is sick.

mrssyvo said:

Hehe....we're watching the PACKERS game:p
We are old fogies or fuddy duds too....and we're only 27! It iced & snowed here yesterday & last night so I don't plan on leaving the house at all. We are putting up shelves this afternoon in my kiddos' closets. We're doing party-type food (fun foods as the kids say) and toasting grape sparkling juice. My dh quit drinking 3 years ago tonight; it needed to be done....so we hang out playing games, watching movies (though tonite it's football), and if we last till midnight we'll watch the ball drop.

Well our plans may have just changed...my aunt was just taken to the ER this morning. She thinks she may have had (another) heart attack. She is a long term anorexic - has been in & out of treatment - weighs 72lbs etc...I am assuming they'll admit her -- ugh...

Sorry Carolyn...that's no fun. My BF and I will be going to dinner and then coming home to watch movies...this is the second year in a row we have stayed home and we are only 24 and 30. 3 sets of our friends (3 different couples) all want us to go out with them , but they are all do something different. Instead of deciding between friends we decided to spend time together just the two of us.

Bexs50 said:
My BF and I will be going to dinner and then coming home to watch movies...this is the second year in a row we have stayed home and we are only 24 and 30. 3 sets of our friends (3 different couples) all want us to go out with them , but they are all do something different. Instead of deciding between friends we decided to spend time together just the two of us.

Sounds like a perfect evening!

We both have to go into work and check on our staff and will be out of there by 7:00. Like every year it will be peaceful for us at home, this year when I went to France I made sure to bring home special snacks for Christmas and New Year's Eve. We'll just sit around and snack and watch TV.

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!:D

It sounds like everyone is doing pretty much the same thing! We're having people over here, playing poker and other board games. It should be fun and relaxing at the same time!!!!

STAY SAFE!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!:D

Happy New Year Everyone!

We'll be going to a party to listen to a band, drinking, eating and socializing. (Havent' partied like that since BK-before kids over 4 years ago!)

gilliandanielle said:
The good thing about living in Alaska is that it gets dark between 4-5 pm, so we are going to the IL's to do fireworks with all the little kids at 6. We will have them in bed and asleep (hopefully!) by 9pm! I plan to be snoozing when the ball drops (which is played live at 8pm and recorded for midnight). I get to see it drop at 8, and still get a good night's sleep!

That's cool. Then your kids will think they got to stay up late to watch the ball drop & still be in bed at normal time! Luckily my DD is too young to understand NYE. We're just having our parents & siblings over to play games & eat & drink.

Danielle--my brother is a police officer too. He works first shift today, so he won't be out tonight (he's bummed). He's stopping by here for a little while & then meeting up with fellow officers after they get off at 10 to go hang out.

My husband, son and I are going to my best friend's house to spend it with her and her husband and her 2 kids. We will order out from a really good Irish Restaurant. I really just wanted to stay home and get Chinese food and watch movies but I had to cancel our Christmas get together because I got sick so this will be that too.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Carolyn-I hope your aunt is ok.

We usually stay home but today we're taking our kids to the local roller rink from 7 pm. til 10 pm for a rollerskating New Year's Eve Party complete with a balloon drop at 9 pm. It's only 10 minutes away and we should be home before all the drunks are out (another reason we never leave home). My most memorable New Year's with my kids was in 1999 (waiting for all the Y2K stuff to happen that never did) - my one son woke up with the chicken pox (he was 5 at the time) and then my other son got the chicken pox on New Year's Day 2000 (he was 2 1/2) - so I had another 3 weeks at home with them which made for an incredibly long break (of course I scrapbooked their pictures!). I generally don't mind staying home - the kids like it too but we thought we'd actually do something this year with friends. Hope everyone has a Safe and Happy New Year!

For the last 6-7 years (well since Dad passed away) Mum and I have gone out somewhere nice to eat. This year we have reservations to The Keg Steakhouse! oooohhh I can almost taste that prime rib now!!! lol We dress up nice and festive and head out. After supper this evening we will go visit my best friend and her hubby for a little glass of wine and chat it up for a bit.. then we head home and get into our jammies!! I have three movies rented, although by the time we get home from Amy's place we will probably only watch one. We will watch the fireworks from our living room window. We will munch on cheese and crackers and enjoy a bottle of wine!

Tomorrow we are going to her sister's home for supper. Tomorrow is my day to start my new year with some reorganizing of some paperwork, make up my list of quilting projects I want to do for the year and I want to get a good start on how I"m going to run my PC business. I have learned soo much since April this year when I started here and I have sooo much I want to do this new year.

At this time I just want to wish each and every one of you a VERY HAPPY and HEALTHY NEW YEAR!!! I look forward to learning and chatting with you all in 2007 and share in many creative ideas and recipes with our businesses!!

Cheers and Happy NEW YEAR!!!!

And for those of you heading out tonight, be safe ... no drinking and driving and watch out for those silly stupid ones that are!!! Hugs to you all from Newfoundland, Canada!!!

DanielleQ said:
Jill---did you watch that fight?!?!?!?! I won't spoil it just in case you did, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the winner! I love hime before, but I really love him now! We taped the fight too and then we'll watch it with a bunch of people on Monday night. I cheated and watched. Shhhhhhhhh... I could never NOT watch Ortiz and Liddell!!!

Anyway, my DH is a traffic cop working a big crack down on drunk drivers tonight and tomorrow night, so me and the chilluns will be in bed by 8:30 like any other night. They have no idea about staying up til midnight and I'll mourn the day they do!

Jill & Danielle--You made me laugh. My husband and I didn't tape or watch the fight, but we just checked the UFC website to see the outcome. We were joking around about who really watches those fights (actually, I was giving him a hard time :D ) so I had to share your postings with him. Now he's inspired to watch and tape the next fight and have people over!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I WISH ALL OF YOU A FUN AND SUCCESSFUL YEAR WITH PC!:D

We were planning on going to a friend's house for dinner and hanging out, but my youngest son Evan started a fever yesterday. So now we're just staying in and I'm surfing the net and reading posts until it gets closer to midnight!

We're old fogeys too. We went to dinner and visited with my MIL for a while. Now we are sitting on the couch watching reruns of CSI. My daughter is already passed out for the night, so it's pretty peaceful.

Happy New Year everyone..!!!:) :)

We went to New Orleans! Just got home this evening!!! Total CRAZINESS!!!

Karen.....Yesssss. have people over. I use it to test my PC recipes on people and of course hand out catalogs...push some business cards and just and oh yeah watch the fight. FUN FUN!!! HAHA. BY THEY WAY,,,, they loved my recipes. I did the pizza dip, the Crap dip, and a .....Oh can't remember...so much food. but everyone is impressed. I love PC!!!

Jilleysue said:
Karen.....Yesssss. have people over. I use it to test my PC recipes on people and of course hand out catalogs...push some business cards and just and oh yeah watch the fight. FUN FUN!!! HAHA. BY THEY WAY,,,, they loved my recipes. I did the pizza dip, the Crap dip, and a .....Oh can't remember...so much food. but everyone is impressed. I love PC!!!

Now you've made me hungry - LOL
We went to a medicore restaurant in Ft Lauderdale, shopped the Target after-Christmas sale for a few minutes and then roasted marshmallows at my mom's - LOL

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • GourmetGirl