• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Customer's Order: Questions & Concerns

In summary, Amber received an order from a new customer. The customer's e-mail said that everything would be sent back, and Amber has a feeling this is going to happen. Amber provides a summary of the conversation, including that the rice cooker will not cook faster in the microwave, but that the lava cake recipe in the rice cooker is the only way the rice will cook faster. Amber recommends that the customer search for the wattage on the label before using the appliance, and that she also look for the recipes online. The customer is welcome to contact Amber with more information, and the customer is also responsible for shipping costs.
byrd1956
Gold Member
Have a new customer that just sent me an order. That should be "yeah!". But read what her e-mail said and tell me what I should respond. I have a sinking feeling everything will be sent back....even though I believe in the quality of our products....
(here's my order 2576,2585,2779. I have questions about the rice cooker. I killed one from Tupperware. The directions were not clear nor did they match the amount of rice I was cooking. I don't know what wattage/power my microwave is. Rice doesn't have microwave times on the bag. The Tupperware rice cooker took as long as if not longer than the stove. If this product has the same issues then I don't want it. The rice must cook quickly and the directions must be user-friendly. If the onion chopper doesn't do what I want then I'll send it back. Same goes for the rice cooker. How is that handled and what will my shipping charge be?)
thanks for the advice!

Suggest she look for the wattage before using it is listed on her microwave on a label somewhere (back, inside or door panel or heaven forbid the user manual)
rice will not cook faster in our rice cooker but sell her on the benefits of a lava cake made in it too

the only way her rice will cook faster is with instant rice! This reminds me of a scene in the movie, My Cousin Vinny when speaking of cooking grits.... Vinny Gambini: I like grits, too. How do you cook your grits? Do you like them regular, creamy or al dente?
Mr. Tipton: Just regular I guess.
Vinny Gambini: Regular. Instant grits?
Mr. Tipton: No self respectin' Southerner uses instant grits. I take pride in my grits.
Vinny Gambini: So, Mr. Tipton, how could it take you 5 minutes to cook your grits when it takes the entire grit eating world 20 minutes?
Mr. Tipton: I don't know, I'm a fast cook I guess.
Vinny Gambini: I'm sorry I was all the way over here I couldn't hear you did you say you were a fast cook, that's it?
Mr. Tipton: Yeah.
Vinny Gambini: Are we to believe that boiling water soaks into a grit faster in your kitchen than anywhere else on the face of the earth?
Mr. Tipton: I don't know.
Vinny Gambini: Well, I guess the laws of physics cease to exist on top of your stove. Were these magic grits? Did you buy them from the same guy who sold Jack his beanstalk beans?

If you haven't already, go to the files section and search rice cooker. You will find recipe ideas / booklets. Maybe you could send her that information. Just be sure and update the contact info to yours.

Thanks you all! Here is my response to her:
Amber, Good to hear from you.
I have attached a word doc with recipes for the rice cooker plus. I have a more extensive booklet I can send, if you are interested. The wattage for you microwave is found on the label on the back. Mine is very powerful, so everything I make I use around 4 power instead of 10. If you do not see it there, the information can more than likely be found on the Internet or by calling the company. I will be glad to help you with this, if you give me all the details you can about your microwave. If you look at the 1st recipe you will see the cook time is approximately 20 min. with a wait time at the end. I like that I do not have to keep track of when the water boils (sometimes it seems like that takes forever). The rice has always turned out moist and fluffy for me. Some customers, though have just purchased the cooker for the fantastic molten chocolate cake; they definately have a sweet tooth! As for the chopper, I've used mine for onion for over 12 years and have always been happy. My hairdressers husband was going to buy something he saw on tv and she told him no way and called me to get our Food Chopper. It is wonderfully easy to clean, too. All 3 products are dish-washer safe, although I put the white insert of the rice cooker on the top rack only.
Customers have 30 days to return the products, free of shipping. After that the shipping is whatever the post office would charge. Customers are more than welcome to call the home office, although I recommend contacting their consultant. As for the shipping on your order, for this month, I am paying the $4.50 shipping and as I mentioned I can drop your order off to you when it arrives.
Thank you for your time yesterday and your interest in The Pampered Chef.
I will call you later today to get your payment information.
Sincerely, robyn

Good job. Always take the high road.

great response robyn!!!
~carla

ok, products will soon be on their way, then I get the chance to deliver. When I last talked to her I told her to call me as soon as she has used her new products and that I was sure I would hear from her within a couple of days since she was anxious about the rice cooker. She was definately surprised that you could make more than rice in it. AS for the wattage of her microwave she said she would have to have her husband help her pull it out again cause the last time she could not find it listed. I told her if she could not find it she could contact the company and if she needed help doing that to let me know. Each time I look at her receipt laying here on the desk, I think...oh my gosh....

Maybe she has one of those microwaves mounted into a wall and it's hard to get out?
Anyway - since she ordered, it shows she's already impressed by the info & service you gave her. I bet when you follow up with her, she's going to be really happy.

That being said, I'd make sure to stay on top of the 30-day timeline for free shipping on the return.:balloon:

I'm not a fan of the rice cooker, but I know other peope like it. I am sure you will have a hit with the food chopper, I've never had anyone say they don't like it.....as a matter of fact that's the item most people mention as the one they use all the time! I'd make sure to show her how the wings come out for better cleaning.

I remember when I first got the rice cooker, I was disappointed that it didn't really cut down on the time. But...I love that My Cousin Vinny reference, because it's so true! It's just a container, not a magic wand. Rice is still going to require a set amount of time to cook, and won't cook any faster unless it's Minute Rice. The 20 minute rice that comes with microwave directions will show the same amount of time as our Rice Cooker says. What I decided that I love about it is that my rice is cooked perfectly every time. I can't say that about cooking rice on the stove. ;) I never do rice on the stove anymore...unless it's a Boil in a Bag type.

1. How do I place an order with Pampered Chef?

To place an order with Pampered Chef, you can either visit our website and place an order online or contact a Pampered Chef consultant and they can take your order for you. You can also host a party and earn free products by having your friends and family place orders through your consultant.

2. Can I track my order?

Yes, you can track your order by logging into your Pampered Chef account on our website. You will be able to view the status of your order and track the shipment once it has been shipped.

3. How long will it take for my order to arrive?

The delivery time for your order will depend on the shipping method you choose at checkout. Standard shipping typically takes 3-5 business days, while expedited shipping can take 2-3 business days. Please note that delivery times may vary due to holidays or unforeseen circumstances.

4. What is your return policy?

We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase from Pampered Chef. If for any reason you are unsatisfied with your order, you may return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. Please see our website for more details on our return policy and instructions on how to initiate a return.

5. Can I make changes to my order after it has been placed?

Unfortunately, we are unable to make changes to an order once it has been placed. However, if you need to make a change, please contact our customer service team as soon as possible and they will do their best to assist you. Please note that once an order has been shipped, we are unable to make any changes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Senkimekia
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Senkimekia
  • kreaser
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • Mel92504