• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Do With This Consultant?

In summary, the 20-year-old recruit has been inactive since March and is only active when the new products are available at discounted rates. She has never contacted the recruiter or the employee to ask for help.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
So I have this recruit.....She's a 20 yr old who is living at home, but working 3-4 jobs. She signed in Oct, qualified in 2 months time, and hasn't had a show since Feb. After her last show ($700 in sales - 3 bookings) I got one email from her, because we were having our big Taste Test Cluster Meeting - and she emailed to say she couldn't make it.....very busy....starting a new job...blah blah blah.
That was the last time I've heard from her. I have left her phone messages, emails, and just the beginning of this month, a phone message, email, and written invite to my Fall Preview. Well today - I discovered she turned in a show this week! It's on my performance tracker - $300 show w/ 3 bookings!
I have been completely unsuccessful getting her to return a call or email ( I have been calling her and emailing her 1-2 times a month since Feb!) But I would really like to help her be successful with these bookings - any words of wisdom or suggestions on getting her to give me a call?

Oh - and we had a good relationship - that's why this is so weird......

I would just keep e-mailing her. She may be only wanting to do a little and feels bad telling you. I have lost some people I considered friends because they didn't want to tell me they were getting out of PC or because they thought it would just happen they shouldn't have to do anywork to get shows (and then have to do them) to make money.

I just kindly try to keep in touch and let her do what she will and your there is she decides to reach out for help.

Becky - Tell her you understand she is very busy but you want to be available for her if she needs it. Tell her you worry about her a bit if you haven't heard from her in awhile and ask if she would mind checking in once a month with you with a brief report. It can be as simple as saying "I'm busy and have no shows this month, but will have some next month" or "I have 2 shows but feel I'm doing fine with them" or "Please answer x for me."

I am VERY busy and my recruiter and my ED know I'm very independent. They e-mail me upcoming meeting notices and tips and announcements from training. I in return mail my 3-month goals to them "x sales" and also e-mail if I know I have a more down month due to other activites. They know I will contact them if I need help on something.

The e-mails don't have to be long...just a sentence or two.

I hope that helps a bit...

She joined mostly for the free and discounted products - I'm wondering if she turned in a show so she could get the new products for 50% off.......

Could be - kind of odd that she listed 3 bookings though! She may truly have people interested in the fall specials! Or is booking Sept. to get cookware herself.

Keep calling! Even if you leave messages! I call every consultant on my team each week and 90% of the time I leave messages.

Even if I don't talk to them, they have ALL said that they appreciate knowing that I'm there for them and supporting them no matter what their level of activity is.

She knows where you are... if she needs you, she'll let you know.

And be sure to tell her what you've told us! You see a lot of potential in her and if she's ever ready to take her business to the next level, you'll help her get there.

Good luck!

I also have a recruit that's in her 20's. She sounds exactly like who you are describing. She's been inactive since March. I always keep her up to date as to what's going on, but I don't ever expect anything back (be it e-mail, a call or whatever). She too joined for the products, so I know she isn't looking for a steady income.

Not sure what to tell you. Maybe she feels like you are expecting more from her than she is & that's why she hasn't called/e-mailed back? I get the same thing. I've just decided that she'll do things in her own time & it's only my job to inform & be there. Not to babysit or mother. :)

We have a gal in our cluster who really only does a couple of shows a year, right at the time the new products are available at discounted rates. She's done this for a couple of years.

She's starting to kick things back into gear, and has turned in several shows recently. So, you never know what will happen!

Your recruit sounds a lot like me. I'm also 20, and in school full time. I worked 4 part time jobs this past year, which added up to quite a few hours. I'm also guilty of not returning my directors calls or e-mails. I guess the reasoning for me is that I feel guilty for not being a contributing team member and for not making it to meetings and things of that sort, because I know my director works really hard. I'd like to be more active with PC, but there are already so many things I'm unable to do because I'm so busy, and so PC ends up getting pushed to the back burner, and I think, I'll get to that and come up with a plan to get back into things as soon as life calms down a little, but that never happens. I would just send her an e-mail or call and just congratulate her for a great show and let her know you're there if she wants to talk about how it went or if she needs anything for those future bookings. She may not respond, but she'll probably appreciate the message. That's really all you can do. I hope you hear back this time!

Schedule a meeting!I think it's great that will all the other things on her plate, she is having shows and making sales with PC. I know she must be terribly busy, but she has to have time to eat right? Maybe schedule a time to meet for lunch or dinner and you could discuss PC then, while catching up and supporting her as well as encouraging her. If not at least schedule a time each week when you can speak on the phone for a good 20 minutes to get caught up.
I know I do PC as a hobby and my director knew that from the beginning. There were times my sales were well over $2,000 each month and other times just enough to stay active. These past two months I have asked for a waiver because of my new baby, but I still appreciate the emails and updates from my director. I am not that much of a contributing team member, but I am still part of the team. I got my first recruit last week. It's exciting. I wouldn't mind having more.
I hope it works out and you get to schedule a time to meet her. That would be beneficial to both of you.
Debbie :D

I think you are doing fine with what you are doing... regular emails/phone calls to let her know you are thinking about her. My director (actually former director - just resigned her directorship) only contact me when she needed something from me, but never on any type of a regular basis. It made me feel like she only cared about what I was doing when I was submitting a large amount or she needed the sales to meet the $4,000 for a particular month. This made me feel "used" and really took the wind out of my sails after the first few months of PC.

If you haven't done so already, I would tell her that you like to make sure you are providing the personalize support that each of your consultants want/need. If she is fine with the way her business is now, that is great and if she wants to grow it more, that is great as well. Ask her what kind of support/contact she wants from you... phone calls or emails? once a month or more frequently? Tell her you are very excited about her three new bookings and can't wait to hear how the shows turn out.

I like the idea someone had about meeting for lunch or dinner or even just coffee. Make sure she knows that she can continue with her current show schedule and that is fine with you, but you just want to know what she is planning so you can make sure you are helping her achieve her goals... whatever they are.

Becky, Don't stress so much about this. Keep her in the loop with emails and enjoy the fact that she helps your numbers every few months at least. Maybe that's all she can fit in right now and she doesn't want to disappoint you and that's why she's not calling back. It's her business and she's doing it her way. Whatever you want for her doesn't matter - sometimes we know the potential and want for our team but they aren't in that place - KWIM?

I would occasionally call her and leave the message that you're just checking in and "know that I'm here if you need me for anything" and that you miss talking with her. Be light.

Crazy Update!!!So, I still haven't heard from this consultant - even though, on Sept 2nd, (while I was on vacation!) she SIGNED A NEW CONSULTANT!:eek:

I found out about this when I came back this week, and emailed the new consultant (after not being able to get a hold of her by phone) and her reply was "Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm excited about starting my new business. Amy has met with me a couple times and answered all of my questions - but if I need anything else, I'll let you know. I have 3 shows scheduled for Sept. and 2 for Oct."

Well, I checked my IPT this morning, and yesterday she turned in a $512 show with 7 bookings!!!

Awesome Becky! Keep chugging and you'll be director in no time! She is probably just a very busy girl and very independent...wants to do it all on her own.

...just keep offering (on occasion) your support and let her take it on her terms - she will when she needs too.

So, who turned in the show with the 7 bookings? Amy or the recruit?

janetupnorth said:
Awesome Becky! Keep chugging and you'll be director in no time! She is probably just a very busy girl and very independent...wants to do it all on her own.

...just keep offering (on occasion) your support and let her take it on her terms - she will when she needs too.

So, who turned in the show with the 7 bookings? Amy or the recruit?

Hmmm, guess I should have made that a little clearer! Her recruit, Mary, turned in the show with 7 bookings......and she is getting her training from Amy, who has turned in one show (in Aug) since February!

That's great, Becky! Just keep offering your talent (help) to them both & they'll succeed in their own time. Who knows, maybe God just brought the first consultant on your team to sign the 2nd consultant who will be a great business woman! :)

crystalscookingnow said:
That's great, Becky! Just keep offering your talent (help) to them both & they'll succeed in their own time. Who knows, maybe God just brought the first consultant on your team to sign the 2nd consultant who will be a great business woman! :)

That's funny you say that - because that is what MY director says about my recruiter and me! My recruiter was a friend of mine who did PC for just a very short time, and really never provided any training for me at all......

Related to What to Do With This Consultant?

What are the benefits of working with a Pampered Chef consultant?

Working with a Pampered Chef consultant allows you to have access to high-quality kitchen products, receive personalized cooking tips and recipes, and earn free and discounted products through hosting parties or workshops.

How do I find a Pampered Chef consultant in my area?

You can easily find a Pampered Chef consultant in your area by visiting our website and using the "Find a Consultant" feature. Simply enter your zip code and a list of consultants near you will be provided.

What services does a Pampered Chef consultant offer?

A Pampered Chef consultant offers a variety of services including hosting parties or workshops, providing cooking demonstrations and tips, and assisting with product purchases and returns.

Can I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, you can become a Pampered Chef consultant! We offer a flexible and rewarding work-from-home opportunity that allows you to share your love for cooking with others and earn income at the same time. Visit our website to learn more and sign up.

What is the return policy for Pampered Chef products?

We stand behind the quality of our products and offer a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it for a full refund or exchange within 30 days of purchase. Please contact your consultant for assistance with returns or exchanges.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • ChefBevShu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • cookingwithlove