• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Do While Chicken Cooks?

In summary, the conversation revolves around preparing a 30 minute chicken dish using various Pampered Chef products. Participants suggest using different seasonings and methods for cooking the chicken, as well as incorporating other products into the demonstration. The original poster plans to make the chicken dish along with a dessert recipe. Some participants prefer cooking the chicken with the lid off, while others prefer leaving it on for a few minutes after cooking.
carolcooks
Hi All, I have a hosts who wants me to make the 30 minute chicken and I have only done it at home. My question to everyone is what do you do while the chicken cooks. I am used to making the pork tenderloin salad and I prepare the salad ingredients (with guests helping) while it cooks. Thanks for any help with this.

Talk about the other products: SA, Stoneware, Forged Cutlery and Cookware.

Do you do a second recipe? I would just prepare a dessert recipe that's already been started; or prepare a trifle of some sort. And talk up other products while doing that of course!

I do the 30 min chicken, but just use jerk seasoning on it (pop it in the DCB, generous amount of jerk, 30 min high power w/out lid - 165 degrees, 10 min out of microwave w/ lid on)

I usually put that in the microwave then do my talk and make garlic bites

I am making 30 minute chicken this friday along with the strawberry cheesecake trifle. Thanks, this answers my question!

You can also start the chicken before the guests arrive if the wait time seems too long.

My very favorite demo is the 30 Minute Chicken w/Garlic Parmesan Biscuit Bites. Let me see if I can find the thread that talks about how I do it. Very simple, easy demo, but lots of WOW factor...and it shows stoneware, knives, cookware, and SA...

Thanks for sharing Becky.....on my way to read!

One question...does everyone cook this with the lid on or off. I noticed someone mentioning letting it rest afterward for 10 minutes with the lid on and now I'm confused..Becky the chicken expert, what do YOU do? :)

kcjodih said:
One question...does everyone cook this with the lid on or off. I noticed someone mentioning letting it rest afterward for 10 minutes with the lid on and now I'm confused..Becky the chicken expert, what do YOU do? :)

I cook it with the lid off - using the oil and seasoning mix. Then, after I take it out of the micro, I walk it around the room so everyone can see and smell it. Then I put the lid on for 5-10 minutes while I do the show closing.

I've always cooked it with the lid on. What is the difference? I made it again just the other night and it is always wonderful. Is it better somehow with the lid off?

Related to What to Do While Chicken Cooks?

1. How long should I cook chicken in the oven?

The cooking time for chicken in the oven depends on the cut and size of the chicken. On average, bone-in chicken breasts and thighs take 25-30 minutes to cook at 375°F, while boneless chicken breasts take 18-20 minutes at the same temperature.

2. Can I marinate chicken while it's cooking?

No, it is not recommended to marinate chicken while it's cooking. Marinating should be done before cooking to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat. Marinating during cooking can result in uneven flavor distribution and may affect the texture of the chicken.

3. How do I tell if my chicken is fully cooked?

The best way to tell if chicken is fully cooked is by using a meat thermometer. The internal temperature of cooked chicken should reach 165°F. Another way to check is by cutting into the thickest part of the chicken and making sure there is no pink or raw meat visible.

4. Can I use a slow cooker to cook chicken?

Yes, you can use a slow cooker to cook chicken. It's a great way to ensure tender and flavorful meat. Just make sure to follow your slow cooker's instructions for cooking times and temperature settings.

5. What can I do while chicken is cooking in the oven?

While your chicken is cooking in the oven, you can prepare any side dishes or sauces to go with it. You can also set the table, clean up the kitchen, or catch up on some household tasks. Just make sure to keep an eye on the chicken and check it periodically to prevent overcooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • Loveh20mi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • byrd1956