• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Do About My Indecisive Team Member for Conference?

In summary, Carolyn's daughter is coming to the conference but she is leaving on Friday morning. Carolyn is thinking about giving her a conference notebook but DH suggests giving her a smaller notebook just for opening session and one workshop.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
As a director, I have some special things I have put together for those on my team attending conference.I have one cluster member who has been waffling back & forth for a month - "I'll book my flight tonight (that was 2 weeks ago" - I hear this stuff from her every few days - flights, registration, etc...she keeps saying she's gonna book and register but has not done it yet (we are wave 2)...I really don't care to put together a whole conference package for her only to have her NOT come - one of the items I give them is a special order that there is simply no way for me to order her one and get it here in time for conference..the other is a conference notebook - I make this - and I can make one for her and use it myself if she doesn;t come...but argh!! What do I do? I would hate for her to come and me NOT have goodies for her but come one, man....poop or get off the pot, kwim?
What would you do?

This doesn't help but hey Carolyn can I be in your downline??? Heeheee, love the goodie package idea!

I would make a "substitute goodie bag"...you know candy, etc. but not with the "special items" that you have to order.

If there are any complaints, your ordering them had a deadline...all's fair!

Oops, I'm not a director, why am I reading this?

I would get it for her anyway.

The feather boa is really the item that is an issue - I had to order those online and I have no source from which to get one mroe at this late date. I had actually ordered one mroe than we needed - and the none more consultant decided to come a few weeks ago - now I have no more extras.

well I would do the rest, and I guess she'll just be out the boa, or you could always go to Michaels or AC Moore, etc, they sell boas, and get one that looks similar. Sometimes even the dollar store has them in the kids toy section.

This doesn't help but hey Carolyn can I be in your downline??? Heeheee, love the goodie package idea!

i second that carolyn

even if you get one at a costume store or party place store

Say you need to know for the room placements. Tell her some people are on a budget and you need to have 100% committment from her. If she says yes, then can't go then she will still need to pay for her portion of the room. You'll know right away if she is going or not.

Chefgirl2 said:
Say you need to know for the room placements. Tell her some people are on a budget and you need to have 100% committment from her. If she says yes, then can't go then she will still need to pay for her portion of the room. You'll know right away if she is going or not.

I have said ALL these things to her & can't get a committment from her (hence why I am not running out to spend $ on another pink boa....)

It sounds like a recruiting conversation!!!! If everything we perfect, would she be going? It sounds like something else is going on that she hasn't told you. Maybe she got caught up in all of the excitment and committed and now is not so sure. I would call her and say (very, very genuinely), "Susie... what's going on? You've been going back and forth on this and I just want to see if everything is okay... you seem to be having a hard time committing to this and just wondered why and if there is anything I can help you do about it...." Maybe that will help! Good luck!

Here's another question for you directors...
I have 4 of my girls coming to NC.
One just announced she is flying in with us on Wednesyday night, coming to the events on Thursday..and then LEAVING Friday morning to fly to a trade show somewhere for an invention she is trying to patent. Do I give her a conference notebook? Is there any point since she is only attending opening session and one workshop? (the notebook has everything for all 4 workshops, all 3 sessions, goal planning & implementing, etc...an expenses sheet & envelope for receipts, a pencil case, etc...
DH suggests I give her a smaller notebook with just the necessary stuff for opening session & one workshop.
Her early departure also ends up costing the rest of us more $ now because she will only be staying in the room Wednesday and Thursday nights...so the three of us left will have to pay more for the last night I REALLY hope she doesn't just decide to bail altogether.

dannyzmom said:
Here's another question for you directors...
I have 4 of my girls coming to NC.
One just announced she is flying in with us on Wednesyday night, coming to the events on Thursday..and then LEAVING Friday morning to fly to a trade show somewhere for an invention she is trying to patent. Do I give her a conference notebook? Is there any point since she is only attending opening session and one workshop? (the notebook has everything for all 4 workshops, all 3 sessions, goal planning & implementing, etc...an expenses sheet & envelope for receipts, a pencil case, etc...
DH suggests I give her a smaller notebook with just the necessary stuff for opening session & one workshop.
Her early departure also ends up costing the rest of us more $ now because she will only be staying in the room Wednesday and Thursday nights...so the three of us left will have to pay more for the last night I REALLY hope she doesn't just decide to bail altogether.

Carolyn - if you have to room-wise...add another to your room and send her my way for the 1 night. We only have 3 in our room, not 4 and would mine less cost for at least 1 night.

janetupnorth said:
Carolyn - if you have to room-wise...add another to your room and send her my way for the 1 night. We only have 3 in our room, not 4 and would mine less cost for at least 1 night.

You know - if my last-minute-Charlie consultant decides to come, I think we'll do that. We'll put the last minute girl in our room and send the two-nighter girl over to your room....great idea and it saves us ALL some $$

Carolyn ~

This won't help you this year, but maybe next conference, you'll want a "confirm attendance date" in order to get the complete package for your girls.

Ginny

Kitchen2u said:
Carolyn ~

This won't help you this year, but maybe next conference, you'll want a "confirm attendance date" in order to get the complete package for your girls.

Ginny

Great idea -- be registered w/flights booked by ___ (date) if you want to get the Conference Notebook & goodies...

Ok - here's today' supdate -- my last minute Charile just booked her flight - found herself a roommate...and is going to register eithe rtomorrow or on-site. So, I just out together her notebook - I just need to track down a hot pink boa for her now....oy, all this last minute scrambling!! But, I hafta say, I am VERY glad she is coming :)

Woo hoo :) That's great news Carolyn!!!
Michael's has feather boas; no idea if hot pink is a choice but I imagine that it is. :)

So does Hobby Lobby and Party Outlet, if you have those in your area.

Good news Carolyn! I hope she enjoys it!

You're the coolest Carolyn! I love all the extra stuff you do for your team and I know they feel loved and appreciated and feel like a part of something special and that is huge!!! I had such an awesome director and senior director for the conferences I've attended in the past! They both resigned in 2004 and this year my director (who I was reassigned to) is just not cutting it for me! She is having a lot of issues at home and I understand but she's really not motivating at all and she's, quite frankly, flat out is depressing me!:( She even has upset my hospitality director a couple of times too. My hospitatlity director is who I wish I could really be with and I get along well with her Senior director but oh well, it doesn't work that way. I will be staying with people I don't even know but I do know a lot of extended cluster members that I knew from previous conferences, I just hope I can hang out with them a lot!
Oh well.... I just will try to take this as a lesson on how not to treat my team when I am a director again!:)
Thanks for letting me whine!:(

Last edited:

Related to What Should I Do About My Indecisive Team Member for Conference?

1. How can I become a director for Pampered Chef?

To become a director for Pampered Chef, you must first be a consultant and meet the requirements for promotion. This includes having at least $15,000 in sales and having a team of at least three active consultants. You can also express your interest in becoming a director to your current director and they can guide you through the process.

2. What are the responsibilities of a director?

As a director for Pampered Chef, your main responsibilities include leading and supporting your team of consultants, setting and achieving sales goals, and promoting the Pampered Chef brand. You are also responsible for training and mentoring new consultants, as well as providing ongoing support and guidance to your team.

3. How much can I expect to earn as a director?

The earning potential for a director varies depending on your sales performance and the size of your team. Directors can earn a base commission of 8-10% on their personal sales, as well as additional bonuses for meeting sales goals and growing their team. Some top directors have reported earning six-figure incomes from their Pampered Chef business.

4. What resources and support are available for directors?

Pampered Chef provides directors with a variety of resources and support to help them succeed. This includes access to training and development programs, marketing materials, and a community of other directors for networking and support. Directors also have a dedicated support team to assist with any questions or concerns they may have.

5. Can I still be a director if I have a full-time job?

Yes, it is possible to be a successful director while also working a full-time job. Many directors balance their Pampered Chef business with their other commitments, and the flexibility of the business allows for this. However, it is important to have strong time management skills and be dedicated to your Pampered Chef business in order to achieve success as a director.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
Replies
Views
EpTxGuy