• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Products Would You Like to See "Retired"?

I love the ice cream sandwich maker for making hamburgers!! I sell tons of these because of it. They make perfect 1/4 pound burgers. They also come out perfectly shaped so they cook evenly. No more dry outsides and undercooked insides.I think the wine bottle opener should be restyled as well.
Nooooo.....don't take away the funnels! I use them a lot! I set them by my outdoor stuff as a centerpiece!

(Just kidding. New color would be nice on the funnels, though. I do use them, and have sold them.)

Now that you mention it, the herb keeper & coffee clip are good candidates.

chefsteph07 said:
I don't know if anyone knows this yet, but I called for a replacement part for self sharpening knives and they don't carry the sharpener anymore for any of the knives, so I wonder if those are going to go?

I cannot believe those of you who don't like the cutting board w/ cups! I LOVE that cutting board, it is my fave and I also take it to EVERY show and sell at LEAST one!

I agree about the napkins, never sold one...thought those might be dc for fall/winter, but oh well..

My list of nonsellers:
dessert plates
oil dipping set
grill planks
juicer
herb keeper (have not sold ONE and I think TW makes one too)
coffee clip (why dc the coffee and tea the same season they bring THIS out?)
funnels
finger guard
plate art and stencil set
pizza crust mix

Also, I heard you are not supposed to use the ice cream sandwich maker on raw hamburger due to bacteria? That's why I've never used it and it's still in the box, so that can defintely go too!

Of your list above, I sell quite a few of the following:
Oil Dipping Set
Herb Keeper
Coffee Clip
Funnels
Finger Guard

It's funny how different things sell in different areas!!

chefsteph07 said:
I don't know if anyone knows this yet, but I called for a replacement part for self sharpening knives and they don't carry the sharpener anymore for any of the knives, so I wonder if those are going to go?

I needed to order a replacement case because one of my customers' broke; when I called, the rep said because the knife was under lifetime warranty, so was the case, so my customer got a new knife and case. The rep said it was always like that, but for some reason I seem to recall that we could order just the case at some point in time.

Last edited:
MissChef said:
I'm glad Ann took a stab at it before me! I might have murdered it!!! I never said I could say it but I could definetley tell it was Italian! I know a lot of Italian people!
I'll tell you what, people that call you up and murder your name, or anyone calling out your name, just tick me off!:mad: :grumpy: My feelings are, just ask how to say it, like "Cathy M., how do you pronounce your last name, so that I may say it right?"!! My last name is not long and hard but some of the ways people have pronounced it leave me with the:confused: look on my face! (Meacham, Meachan, Mean!!, Mee-aaaa, Meeeeeehhhhhaaan.... just absurd creations!

The "h" is silent. Mee-an, when my hubby and I got together he said to me, "just say me and you but leave off the 'd' and the 'you'!" LOL!:D :p :D
Half the time people make it sound like I'm chinese or they pronounce the "h" so dramatically they sound drunk!:yuck: :grumpy: :rolleyes:

Ok - so how many of you can pronounce MY last name without butchering it???
Any takers?

I figured it was like "Cram".

I love the Pizza crust! That can't go!

I vote for a redesigned sppon rest for our over-sized kitchen tools.

I have never sold an oil dipping set, funnels, grilling planks or tile napkins.

dianevill said:
I needed to order a replacement case because one of my customers' broke; when I called, the rep said because the knife was under lifetime warranty, so was the case, so my customer got a new knife and case. The rep said it was always like that, but for some reason I seem to recall that we could order just the case at some point in time.

My customer put her sharpening case in the dishwasher and threw it away and just thought she could order a new one...when I called, they said they needed it and then couldn't find her in the system and HO said they don't just carry the sharpening case, which I think is weird.

dannyzmom said:
Any takers?
yikes!!!! Like I said, I would ask and then say it!!! Is your "h" silent? Krae-am, I don't think it's cram???:confused: :confused:
Okay.... give it to us....!!! But like I said, I would never guess and murder it, I'd be straight forward and ask! But that's just me.... I'm not very shy and I'm very straight forward. If I don't know, I ask! I think it's stupid when people fret or dwell over things. I just ask, and trust me, we are not lost often, because my husband know, I'll ask, I don't care.... I'd rather ask... then look stupid!:D

Christ Follower said:
I love the Pizza crust! That can't go!

I vote for a redesigned sppon rest for our over-sized kitchen tools.

I have never sold an oil dipping set, funnels, grilling planks or tile napkins.
I LOVE THE PIZZA CRUST!!! It's a tradition here on Christmas, I make the Giant Cinnamon Rolls and I would be disowned if I didn't! Our pizza crust makes it so easy!!! I also make a lot of pizza too!

dannyzmom said:
Any takers?

Let me see if I can type what I mean. I say silent "h" but with the K sounding really like a "K" and not like a "C". I am thinking the "am" is a long "am" kind of like the "om" on prom. Krom, maybe. Did I totally kill it?!

MissChef said:
yikes!!!! Like I said, I would ask and then say it!!! Is your "h" silent? Krae-am, I don't think it's cram???:confused: :confused:
Okay.... give it to us....!!! But like I said, I would never guess and murder it, I'd be straight forward and ask! But that's just me.... I'm not very shy and I'm very straight forward. If I don't know, I ask! I think it's stupid when people fret or dwell over things. I just ask, and trust me, we are not lost often, because my husband know, I'll ask, I don't care.... I'd rather ask... then look stupid!:D

I've had sooo many people not even bother trying to pronounce my name, and it really is easy (now that we have a Milwaukee Brewers player with the same name, it's not as bad). It's kind of fun to listen to people butcher it; heck, my own mother can't pronounce it!

dianevill said:
I figured it was like "Cram".

Yeah, so did I when I first met him and saw his last name written down and I was like "Well, I'm not gonna marry this one!"

dianevill said:
I've had sooo many people not even bother trying to pronounce my name, and it really is easy (now that we have a Milwaukee Brewers player with the same name, it's not as bad). It's kind of fun to listen to people butcher it; heck, my own mother can't pronounce it!
I had a friend in high school with your last name so it's not hard for me!
People are just funny!:p ;)

dannyzmom said:
Yeah, so did I when I first met him and saw his last name written down and I was like "Well, I'm not gonna marry this one!"

LOL - better than a lot of other last names, though!

dannyzmom said:
Okay, sooooo.... are you going to tell us..? By the way, I posted you a funny message in your "infected ear" thread!!! :yuck: :p :D

dianevill said:

See...here in South Florida, Villanueva's are a dime a dozen - LOL

dannyzmom said:

Not so much here in Wisconsin! LOL!

DH is originally from California...

MissChef said:

You got it - Kraham is pronounced much the same way Meehan is. It comes out like KRAY-um
I can't tell you how many peope say "Kru-HAM" or just stumble all over it and finally say "Ma'am?" LOL

That's kind of a mouthful - Carolyn Kray-um.

dannyzmom said:

My daughter's friend calls me Mrs. Vanillawava. It's too funny to correct!

jrstephens said:
Let me see if I can type what I mean. I say silent "h" but with the K sounding really like a "K" and not like a "C". I am thinking the "am" is a long "am" kind of like the "om" on prom. Krom, maybe. Did I totally kill it?!

Yep you did - LOL

dianevill said:
That's kind of a mouthful - Carolyn Kray-um.

It took me a while to accept it - LOL
When DH and I started talking marriage I asked him if he'd mind if I kept my ex-DH's last name (so my kids & I would have the same name:rolleyes: )...That didn't go over so well...:eek: But...here I am...a Kray-um. Good thing I really like the guy or I'd be all huffy about having a tough last name. I thought for sure that HO would KILL it when they announced me across stage but somehow they go it perfect. I don't know how they do it. They have some really challenging names to deal with !

I just have to add I have a normal, every day word as my last name but do you think people can either pronounce it or spell it????!!!! This is like a word you learn in 2nd grade. Sorry, I'm not to privy on giving out my name online but think if you had the last name Hall and someone was always mispronoucing it and misspelling it?! I went from a simple last name that no one had a problem with to this last name when I got married. Didn't think there would be a problem!

By the way, you cannot take the funnels away! I have sold a couple but I use mine all the time in the kitchen.

Carolyn- you're like Graham cracker, but with a K! :) Any takers on pronouncing mine? (No fair, those of you who already know how!)
SzwarcSomeone in college asked if I was going to hyphenate when I got married. I told them, sorry, I'd have 2 Z'z in my name, and they wouldn't be next to each other.

I have to say I'm lucky - my last name is Miller and I never have to spell it and people never mispronounce it - however I did marry a John Miller and there are a ton of them out there!

Okay - I think my last name is easy, but it gets screwed up by telemarketers all the time - that's how we know who they are! If they call, and can't pronounce our last name, we know!It's Deemter - so how do you pronounce it?I was THRILLED to drop my maiden name, and NO WAY would I hypenate it!My maiden name was Sober.

Gina M said:
I have to say I'm lucky - my last name is Miller and I never have to spell it and people never mispronounce it - however I did marry a John Miller and there are a ton of them out there!
HA HA I married a John Hill, the other "common" name out there. I used to be Corbo and that, as easy as it is to pronounce, was often butchered.

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay - I think my last name is easy, but it gets screwed up by telemarketers all the time - that's how we know who they are! If they call, and can't pronounce our last name, we know!

It's Deemter - so how do you pronounce it?

I was THRILLED to drop my maiden name, and NO WAY would I hypenate it!

My maiden name was Sober.

OH man, how I'm sure you heard it while you were a teen!!! How funny! NOT! I feel for you!!!
My maiden name is Reinders and my married name is Scavnicky! LOL I don't know if I traded up or down w/ that one! ha ha

people will butcher my last name also its kind of funny to hear them

Names are hard. I hate that nobody ever spells my name correctly...even my inlaws and my biological grandmother misspell it. Shawnna is not that hard, but it often comes out Shawana, Shawanna, Shanna, Shana, Shawna, and even Shonda. My last name is now Nixon and while it is never mispronounced, it is often mispelled...Nickson and even Nixson. You just never can tell with names...LOL

My first name gets spelled wrong all the time Jenny instead of Jennie but I have gotten used to it since I have had to deal with it my whole life

Shawnna said:
Names are hard. I hate that nobody ever spells my name correctly...even my inlaws and my biological grandmother misspell it. Shawnna is not that hard, but it often comes out Shawana, Shawanna, Shanna, Shana, Shawna, and even Shonda. My last name is now Nixon and while it is never mispronounced, it is often mispelled...Nickson and even Nixson. You just never can tell with names...LOL

My sister decided to spell my neice's name a little different. She's 14 now and hates her name because of it. Grandmas, Aunts (except me!), Uncles, you name it, they can never spell her name right!

I named my daughter Nycole (pronounced like nicole) but I wanted something that looked stronger. When she was a child, she did not like it, because you could never find things with her name on it. She is now 25, and loves it, because it is different, but not TOO different. Her friends in college called her everything from Ny-quil to Nickel, and those names have stuck.

My name is Freedom so you can imgaine everything i get from that!!. I hated it growing up -you know how anyhting different is not good when your a kid!! I now love my name and means so much to me.
I have one DS and his name is Kodey. We had decided on the name pretty quickly but it was my choice on the spelling. I just wanted him to be different then Cody. (All this after i grew up hating being different :) )

We wanted our son's name to be different - but not so different that he would be teased. We also wanted it to have meaning. (DH's given name is Ricky - he hates it, and is just called Rick now, but he also gets listed as Richard alot, which he also dislikes).

We were going to name him Jacob, until we found out that it was the most common boys name for several years in a row. So, we agreed on Micah. NOT Michael, or Mike, or Mikey.....it's Micah! (can you tell I am a bit touchy about people not calling him by his given name?:rolleyes: )

ChefBeckyD said:
We wanted our son's name to be different - but not so different that he would be teased. We also wanted it to have meaning. (DH's given name is Ricky - he hates it, and is just called Rick now, but he also gets listed as Richard alot, which he also dislikes).

We were going to name him Jacob, until we found out that it was the most common boys name for several years in a row. So, we agreed on Micah. NOT Michael, or Mike, or Mikey.....it's Micah! (can you tell I am a bit touchy about people not calling him by his given name?:rolleyes: )

I had a coworker like that. His name is Michael, not Mike! My mother threw a fit when my brother when by a shortened name because that's not what she named him!

this thread has been HiBARed!
(Hijacked Beyond All Recognition)

kspry said:
The tube-shaped corer on page 29 of the catalog - it says it works on apples, but I can't ever get it to work without using something else to smack it down, so I don't hurt my hand.

Does it work well on tomatoes?
I use it on cucumbers. My husband does not like the seeds.

Also, I would get rid of the following:

herb keeper
8 qt stainless (i never use it)
finger guard
hold n slice (don't need to carry 2)
mix n masher - I like the concept but it is not really strong enough in my opinion
turkey basics cards
tiles paper napkins

redesign

small bamboo tongs. I do not like the new small tongs and they are more expensive. I have so many customers asking for the old tongs back that had the grips at the end to more securely hold the food. These new tongs are slick and things slip off of them!

ice cream dipper - I would like this to be more round like the stainless scoops.

Oh yeah, one more thing to get rid of - Twixit clips (just kidding!)

cheflsg said:
Also, I would get rid of the following:

herb keeper
8 qt stainless (i never use it)
finger guard
hold n slice (don't need to carry 2)
mix n masher - I like the concept but it is not really strong enough in my opinion
turkey basics cards
tiles paper napkins

redesign

small bamboo tongs. I do not like the new small tongs and they are more expensive. I have so many customers asking for the old tongs back that had the grips at the end to more securely hold the food. These new tongs are slick and things slip off of them!

ice cream dipper - I would like this to be more round like the stainless scoops.

Oh yeah, one more thing to get rid of - Twixit clips (just kidding!)

On the herb keeper, I love mine but I've never sold any. Why??? Because both of them are always in my fridge with stuff in them! So I never talk about them.

The ice cream dipper is better the way it's shaped because the edge can cut the ice cream better.

Love the juicer and it is good for oranges because many oranges are too big for the press. Love the press, and no room for a bigger one.

PLEASE BRING BACK THE COFFEE!!! :cry: :cry:

Well, I gotta say, I couldn't imagine being without my Corer!! I put cored apples in my kids' lunches almost every day, thanks to that thing!!!!
If you're having trouble using it, here's my own little "trick"...insert the corer about halfway into the apple, then bring it back out. Repeat the process on the other side. It works much better this way, especially on the harder apples.

I also appreciate the fact that I can core myself an apple on the way out the door, getting rid of the "trash" before leaving the house. Then, I can eat the rest of it on my way to do errands, hence getting in one of those "fruit servings" I never quite seem to get enough of!! lol

I also use it for cucumbers, but we even like it to core plums, too. You do lose a small amount of the fruit, but it's just so convenient for packing those lunches!!!

To go...
The complete Tiles line...I was actually a fan of the striped!!

Suds pump...needed to go a long time ago!
Hand lotion/soap...don't sell enough to warrant a spot in the catalog!

Bamboo carving board...a total waste, in my opinion!!! Can't use it as an actual "cutting board", even though it's made to look like one...what's the point? After use, it is full of little white knicks...I'll stick to my regular cutting boards/simple additions platters to serve my meats!!

Paula

Paula how do you keep the apples from turning brown? I have tried the lemon juice on them and my daughter seems to say it tastes funny! Since the are so rushed at lunch at school. I was thinking it would be easier for her to eat it all if the core was already gone.

I never thought about coring apples for lunch...not sure they wouldn't turn brown and be left in the lunch box. As for lemon juice, I use Sprite or 7-Up. It does the same as lemon juice, but without the sour taste.

climbercanoe3 said:
Paula how do you keep the apples from turning brown? I have tried the lemon juice on them and my daughter seems to say it tastes funny! Since the are so rushed at lunch at school. I was thinking it would be easier for her to eat it all if the core was already gone.

Granny Smith variety are the least likely to oxidize/brown :)

To be honest with you, I don't do anything. I mean, when you just eat an apple, the inside will be turning a little brown before you finish it anyway, right?
Well, the apple does turn a little brown, I suppose, but it's only in the middle, so it's looking just like it normally would by the time you "get to it"...know what I mean?

Hope this helps! Giving moms the idea for preparing lunches, as well as selling it as teacher gifts has helped me sell a ton of them!!

Best wishes,
Paula

pamperedtara said:
PLEASE BRING BACK THE COFFEE!!! :cry: :cry:
AND the TEA!!! Love the tea. I bought some on the Outlet a while back. Still have some and i's still good!!!

Shawnna said:
I never thought about coring apples for lunch...not sure they wouldn't turn brown and be left in the lunch box. As for lemon juice, I use Sprite or 7-Up. It does the same as lemon juice, but without the sour taste.
I always brush a little lemon juice on my kids apple and they always say they don't taste it and that it's not brown. One idea that that my original director/recruiter use to tell me she did was to use the apple wedger but don't do it all the way and then pull the wedger off and put peices back up into the whole apple shape and wrap a clean rubber band around it. She says it works perfectly. I've never done it because I never have a "clean" rubberband!:rolleyes: ;) :)

smspamperedchef said:
AND the TEA!!! Love the tea. I bought some on the Outlet a while back. Still have some and i's still good!!!
I love it too! Have you ever brewed it and turned it into iced tea? If you haven't, do so! It's so yummy!:thumbup: :balloon:

<H2>1. What are the most frequently asked questions about "What Products Would You Like to See Retired"? </H2><p> The most frequently asked questions about retiring products are usually about specific products that customers are curious about, such as the Salt/Pepper Mill, Nylon tool set, Suds Pump, and self-sharpening knives. Customers often want to know if these products are being discontinued and why. </p><H2>2. Why do customers want the Salt/Pepper Mill to be retired? </H2><p> Many customers have expressed frustration with the design and functionality of the Salt/Pepper Mill. They find it difficult to use and often have issues with it clogging or not functioning properly. As a result, many customers would like to see it retired or at least redesigned. </p><H2>3. What are some other products that customers would like to see retired? </H2><p> In addition to the Salt/Pepper Mill, customers have also mentioned the Nylon tool set, Suds Pump, and self-sharpening knives as products they would like to see retired. Other commonly mentioned products include the colander/bowl set and certain bakeware items. </p><H2>4. Are there any specific reasons why customers want certain products to be retired? </H2><p> Yes, there are various reasons why customers may want certain products to be retired. These can include poor design or functionality, difficulty in use, or simply not fitting with their needs or preferences. Customers may also want a product to be retired if they feel it has been on the market for too long and they would like to see something new. </p><H2>5. Is there a possibility for products to be re-designed instead of completely retired? </H2><p> Absolutely. While some customers may want certain products to be discontinued, others may simply want them to be re-designed or re-styled. This is a common request and our team is always considering ways to improve and update our products based on customer feedback. So even if a product is retired, it may come back in a different form in the future. </p>

1. What are the most frequently asked questions about "What Products Would You Like to See Retired"?

The most frequently asked questions about retiring products are usually about specific products that customers are curious about, such as the Salt/Pepper Mill, Nylon tool set, Suds Pump, and self-sharpening knives. Customers often want to know if these products are being discontinued and why.

2. Why do customers want the Salt/Pepper Mill to be retired?

Many customers have expressed frustration with the design and functionality of the Salt/Pepper Mill. They find it difficult to use and often have issues with it clogging or not functioning properly. As a result, many customers would like to see it retired or at least redesigned.

3. What are some other products that customers would like to see retired?

In addition to the Salt/Pepper Mill, customers have also mentioned the Nylon tool set, Suds Pump, and self-sharpening knives as products they would like to see retired. Other commonly mentioned products include the colander/bowl set and certain bakeware items.

4. Are there any specific reasons why customers want certain products to be retired?

Yes, there are various reasons why customers may want certain products to be retired. These can include poor design or functionality, difficulty in use, or simply not fitting with their needs or preferences. Customers may also want a product to be retired if they feel it has been on the market for too long and they would like to see something new.

5. Is there a possibility for products to be re-designed instead of completely retired?

Absolutely. While some customers may want certain products to be discontinued, others may simply want them to be re-designed or re-styled. This is a common request and our team is always considering ways to improve and update our products based on customer feedback. So even if a product is retired, it may come back in a different form in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPeg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • ChefPeg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • raebates