• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What kind of crazy things do they test in the InSinkErator plant?

In summary, Rich Trethewey visited the InSinkErator plant in Racine, Wisconsin on an episode of This Old House. In the quality control department, they put down 35 pounds of frozen beef bones, 6 pounds of pine blocks, and various types of food to test the durability of their products. The conversation also touches on the importance of following manufacturer's guidelines and the speaker's desire to own an InSinkErator Evolution unit.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
I just watched an episode of This Old House (it's probably a repeat but it's the first time I've seen it) where Rich Trethewey visited the InSinkErator plant in Racine, Wisconsin.

In the quality control department, they put down 35 pounds of frozen beef bones, 6 pounds of pine blocks and several pounds of various types of food.

Yikes!

When I was a kid, I used to get in trouble for trying to put down corn cobs.

When they visited the Amercian Standard plant, they flushed 2 dozen golf balls. Unfortunately, my then 7yo DS was watching and thought it was really cool. Fortunately (for us, not him) he was absent minded enough to tell me he was going to find daddy's golf bag so he could see if our toilet (which he figured out was an AS) could do that, too!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I just watched an episode of This Old House (it's probably a repeat but it's the first time I've seen it) where Rich Trethewey visited the InSinkErator plant in Racine, Wisconsin.

In the quality control department, they put down 35 pounds of frozen beef bones, 6 pounds of pine blocks and several pounds of various types of food.

Yikes!

When I was a kid, I used to get in trouble for trying to put down corn cobs.

They did that same demo in front of cameras on Unwrapped on Food Network. And it's a real test. BIL works there (although he's now in the Water Dispenser department).

I really want one of their Evolution units for my new kitchen. It's bladeless.

Ah Racine, a great place to be from.

I should know! ;)

I can't imagine trying to put down 35 pounds of frozen beef bones. That's impressive!

Hi there!

I love watching This Old House, and it's always exciting to see behind-the-scenes at different factories and plants. The InSinkErator plant in Racine, Wisconsin sounds fascinating!

I can definitely relate to getting in trouble for trying to put down unconventional items in the garbage disposal. I've learned over the years that it's important to follow the manufacturer's guidelines to ensure the longevity and efficiency of our appliances.

But wow, 35 pounds of frozen beef bones and 6 pounds of pine blocks? That's quite the test for their quality control department! It's impressive to see the durability and strength of InSinkErator products. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Happy cooking!

What is "This Old Spouse...er...house"?

"This Old Spouse...er...house" is a popular television show that follows homeowners as they renovate and improve their homes with the help of their spouses.

How can Pampered Chef products be used in home renovations?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen tools and gadgets that can be used in home renovations, such as our multi-purpose Mix 'N Chop for breaking up drywall or our Measure-All Cup for accurately measuring ingredients for DIY projects.

Are there any specific Pampered Chef products that are recommended for home renovations?

While all of our products can be used in home renovations, some customer favorites include our Food Chopper for quickly chopping up materials like herbs and our Flexible Cutting Mats for protecting countertops during projects.

Can I host a Pampered Chef party to get discounts on products for my home renovations?

Yes, hosting a Pampered Chef party is a great way to earn discounts on our products while also having a fun and informative evening with friends and family. Our consultants can also provide tips on using our products for home renovation projects.

Does Pampered Chef offer any products specifically for outdoor renovations?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of outdoor cooking and entertaining products that can also be useful in outdoor renovations. Our Grill Stone and BBQ Brush are perfect for cleaning and maintaining outdoor surfaces, while our Outdoor Pizza Oven can add a fun and unique touch to your outdoor renovation projects.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Back