• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the shipping tax for a guest order on my website?

In summary, a pp/Website Tax Question refers to any inquiry related to taxes that pertains specifically to PayPal or a website. This includes questions about tax laws, reporting requirements, and deductions for income earned through PayPal or a website. Income earned through PayPal or a website is generally considered taxable and should be reported on your tax return. There may be deductions available for related expenses, and the specific tax forms required will vary based on individual circumstances. Even if the income is from a hobby or side gig, it must still be reported and consulting with a tax professional is recommended for guidance.
toniascookin
I am entering a guests order into PP from my website and I don't know how to find the shipping and handling tax I have entered everything the same as what the Website gave me but I can not find anywhere how much the shipping tax is and the only difference is how much the sales tax total is. on The website it is 4.60, and on pp it is $3.89 for the total sales tax. Anyway the order it's going to Miami Florida and the sales tax is 7.0% If anyone can help me figure out what I am doing wrong; it would be greatly appreciated this is the first show I am entering and I can't seem to figure this out. Thank you in advance. Tonia

My guess is that you forgot to also put in a 7% shipping tax. This happened to me and I was going crazy trying to figure out why the personal website and PP differed so I went to CC and did a tax lookup to make sure I got it right. While there I reread the blurb at the bottom "Shipping and handling charges are taxable in all states except AK, DE, DC, ID, IL, MA, MT, NH, NJ, OH, OK, OR, UT and WY. " And then I went back to PP and saw that I had 0 for the shipping and handling tax. Click the Change tax rate button on the show screen or the "special tax" button on their order screen, made the change, and everything came out the same after that.

Thank you for your help that solved the problem; i didn't know that you had to put the same tax rate for the shipping and the sales tax and now I know. Thank you again for your help.
Tonia

What is a pp/Website Tax Question?

A pp/Website Tax Question refers to any inquiry related to taxes that pertains specifically to PayPal or a website. This could include questions about tax laws, reporting requirements, or deductions related to transactions made through PayPal or on a website.

Do I need to pay taxes on income earned through PayPal or a website?

Yes, in most cases, income earned through PayPal or a website is considered taxable income and must be reported on your tax return. It is important to consult with a tax professional or refer to the IRS website for specific instructions on reporting this income.

Are there any tax deductions I can claim for income earned through PayPal or a website?

Yes, there may be tax deductions available for expenses related to earning income through PayPal or a website. These could include fees paid to PayPal, website hosting fees, or marketing expenses. Be sure to keep accurate records and consult with a tax professional for guidance on claiming deductions.

What tax forms do I need to fill out for income earned through PayPal or a website?

The specific tax forms required will vary based on your individual tax situation and the amount of income earned. In general, you may need to fill out a Schedule C or Schedule C-EZ to report self-employment income, as well as a 1099-K form from PayPal if you received more than $20,000 in payments and had more than 200 transactions in a year.

Do I need to report income earned through PayPal or a website if it is from a hobby or side gig?

Yes, even if the income earned through PayPal or a website is from a hobby or side gig, it is still considered taxable income and must be reported on your tax return. However, you may be eligible for certain deductions or exemptions, so it is important to consult with a tax professional for guidance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• newtopamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Tracy99
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • kcjodih