• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Do When You're Sick???

In summary, if you are sick and have to cancel a show, you should call the hostess and reschedule the show for a different time. If you are unable to call the hostess, you should pass the show along to someone in your downline or cluster.
Christ Follower
Gold Member
Okay, I've been doing PC for over a year and have never had to cancel a show due to illness (or at all for that matter).

This past week I had a really dry, itchy throat and lost my voice. I also developed a cough. I was really worried about what to do, but I went ahead and did my show on Tues. Only 1 person showed up. That was kinda good with my voice the way it was. So last night I was still itchy throat, I went ahead and did my show.

What do all of you do when you are sick? Call and reschedule? Turn it into a catalog show? Have one of your recruits do the show for you??

I know PL has a system where they have their downlines do the show and both get a certain percentage of the commission.

I would have someone in my downline do the show. It would be her show totally - she would get the sales and bookings and recruit leads from that show - it's only fair - she is the one that did the demo and asked for the bookings and recruit leads.

I've done my show sick (but as long as I wasn't totally contagious). I would take Tylenol cold and cough before the show and that would help!

I have had to cancel 1 show due to extreme flu bug rescheduled it and was god aweful cause attendance was horrible and wouldn't ya know the first party there was full attendance and I cancel last minute! :(

heat123 said:
I've done my show sick (but as long as I wasn't totally contagious). I would take Tylenol cold and cough before the show and that would help!

I have had to cancel 1 show due to extreme flu bug rescheduled it and was god aweful cause attendance was horrible and wouldn't ya know the first party there was full attendance and I cancel last minute! :(

This is what I am afraid of! I guess that's one of the few down falls to having your own DS business. At least at a "normal" job, you can always call in sick w/o a lot of issues.

pass it to someone in your downline or cluster. definately and let him/her keep the sales/bookings. better then having to cancel!

I have called my director before to do a show for me!
My director has, several times, passed shows to me when she was sick, or couldn't make a date for some other reason......she has always given me sales and bookings from the shows. However, I did a show this summer that was one from her, and the host was asking some red flag questions, so I passed her back to my director. She was a past host of hers, and already had a relationship with her - so I thought it only fair.

Well Ellen You have the start of a horrible cold and flu.... how do I know?? I have had it all week long... I was supposed to have a show tonight but I called my hostess and explained to her.. and she rescheduled her show date....... for an actual cooking show. But since the invites were already sent she is doing a catalog without me being their. I hope that helps.. and get better soon...

Christ Follower said:
Okay, I've been doing PC for over a year and have never had to cancel a show due to illness (or at all for that matter).

This past week I had a really dry, itchy throat and lost my voice. I also developed a cough. I was really worried about what to do, but I went ahead and did my show on Tues. Only 1 person showed up. That was kinda good with my voice the way it was. So last night I was still itchy throat, I went ahead and did my show.

What do all of you do when you are sick? Call and reschedule? Turn it into a catalog show? Have one of your recruits do the show for you??

I know PL has a system where they have their downlines do the show and both get a certain percentage of the commission.

I reluctantly cancelled a show once when I was sick. Later in the evening (when I would have been doing the show) I had a fever of 103, couldn't talk or breathe! I was so glad I didn't do that show! The host also hadn't sent any invites out & didn't know if she even had anyone coming. Haven't heard from her ever again except for an $80 outlet order.

I had another show that I had to reschedule & I did her show a month later. It was a great show & we'll be doing another one in November. :) She's a great lady, customer & new friend.

I just, for the very first time, had to pass a show on to someone in my downline. I usually just take more drugs and get through it.

This happened to me last year and jokingly I told my husband he would have to go and do it for me. He had been to several of my shows that were for friends and family when I just started so he was familiar. To my complete surprise he took me up on it, grabbed my roller bag and left!!! He came back very excited because he sold $500 and booked two shows (one was for an all male BBQ!) That's the only show he ever did on his own though, I went to the BBQ show with him. It was a lot of fun. He always brags about that and so do I. :) He came home asking how much he made!

Addie4TLC said:
This happened to me last year and jokingly I told my husband he would have to go and do it for me. He had been to several of my shows that were for friends and family when I just started so he was familiar. To my complete surprise he took me up on it, grabbed my roller bag and left!!! He came back very excited because he sold $500 and booked two shows (one was for an all male BBQ!) That's the only show he ever did on his own though, I went to the BBQ show with him. It was a lot of fun. He always brags about that and so do I. :) He came home asking how much he made!
How cool was that!! Good for him! (Be careful though - our insurance would not have covered him.)

In my comments above I neglected to say that I would ask the host what her preference would be (someone doing it for me, rescuduling...).

Another thing I would do if I'm not contageous is ask the host and guests to do the demo for me while I "direct" so no one worries about me breathing on the food - you could also wear a mask...

I've done two shows sick...one, I had the onset of the flu, I could feel it coming on, and I did have a temp, body aches, the works, I drugged myself up, got through it, didn't get one booking (I didn't even try bc I was feeling so bad) and it ended up being about $400. Last time I was sick was about a month ago, had bronchitis pretty bad, coughing, but I did take some meds RIGHT before I left the house, only coughed a few times while at the show and I think I said I had a dry throat, but if I were really bad off, I wouldn't hesitate to send my husband, he has been with me to tons of shows and I know he'd do a great job!

I can't even imagine my husband doing a show for me. He's never been to one, and he isn't very outgoing. That's great that your husbands would do that. I don't get sick very often, but I probably shouldn't have typed that.

This just happened to me this past weekend. I hardly EVER call in sick from work (I had 2 years of perfect attendance - I was like that in school, too) and I have NEVER in 4.5 years had to cancel a show b/c of illness, so you know it had to be bad.

I had a bridal event planned at a bridal shoppe for the past 4 months this past Sat. - the owner also does Arbonne, and two of her other friends to Southern Living and Tastefully Simple. We had flyers all over town and invited everyone we knew.

I woke up Sat. morning with the worst stomach virus I've ever had. I couldn't even get out of bed, unless it was to go to the bathroom. It was awful. I waited all morning to call the host/owner, since I really didn't want to let her down. I only have 1 downline girl right now, and she left for Chicago on Friday night. My director was also away, and I don't have anyone else's phone number (my director hardly ever has meetings, so I don't know any actives around here). I was trying to think of SOMETHING, but I couldn't. My DH was busy with the kids all day (soccer, etc.), so he wasn't available to help. I reluctantly called her and explained the situation, and that I really didn't want to give anyone my stomach virus or cause problems at the event. She totally understood, and even though she was disappointed that I couldn't be there, there was really nothing anyone could do. I haven't had a chance to talk to her, but hopefully the day went well. I stayed in bed all day and didn't start feeling better until around 8pm. UGH!!

I had a fundraiser today for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - I'm so glad I was feeling better today, b/c I really didn't want to miss that, too.

OK, nightmare over - just had to share what has happened to me. I've had the "sniffles" before, and if I could have, I would have rescheduled this, but since it was a vendor event, I basically missed out. Bummer :(

I haven't had to reschedule any just yet.

Although, when I had my knee surgery a month ago... the surgery was on a Thursday morning, and I did four shows that weekend- 1 Friday night, 2 Saturday, and 1 on Monday night. But, boy was I sore after that weekend.

I have only been sick on one. I had an aweful headache and was sticky feeling. I called a friend (consultant), but she had company. I decided to do a quick demo. I'm glad I went. I had and $800 show with 4 bookings.

I have only had to reschedule 1 show and it was a good thing I did-I had major "female" issues and couldn't have stood up to save my life! The Host was really understanding and had a great show when she had it.
My Director has passed 2 shows to me when she was sick (was actually hospitalized once and the other her DD was...!)
I would recommend asking what the Host prefers-some people have really bought into the relationship with you and don't want someone else in their home!

Definitely ask the host. I'd MUCH prefer any person coming into MY house giving me the opportunity to reschedule. I'm very aware of passing germs onto others. After all, it's supposed to be a fun party for them, not an opportunity to get a cold or flu. YIKES! I think if you are getting over something, I like the idea of having others handle the food (even if you wear gloves) since it's very easy to talk all over the food...ick. I haven't had this issue yet, but then my daughter just started preschool so NOW the colds are coming home.

Related to What Do You Do When You're Sick???

1. What products do you recommend for someone who is sick?

We have a variety of products that are useful for someone who is sick. Our Chicken Noodle Soup Mix is a quick and easy meal option for those feeling under the weather. Our Lemon Ginger Herbal Tea can help soothe a sore throat and our Microwave Popcorn Popper is perfect for snacking on when you're feeling unwell.

2. How can your products help with cold and flu symptoms?

Our products can help with cold and flu symptoms in a variety of ways. Our Cold and Flu Brewed Beverage is made with echinacea and elderberry to help support your immune system. Our Garlic Peeler and Slicer makes it easy to add fresh garlic to your meals, which is known for its immune-boosting properties.

3. Do you have any products that can help with congestion and coughing?

Yes, we have several products that can help with congestion and coughing. Our Breathe Deep Essential Oil Blend can be used in a diffuser or mixed with carrier oil for a chest rub. Our Honey Dippers are perfect for adding honey to hot tea or other drinks to soothe a cough.

4. What kitchen tools are essential for someone who is sick?

A soup pot and ladle are essential for making homemade soups or broths. A citrus press can be used to make fresh orange juice, which is packed with vitamin C. A good quality knife is also important for slicing fruits and vegetables for a healthy, immune-boosting diet.

5. Do you have any tips for cooking or preparing meals when you're sick?

When you're sick, it's important to stay hydrated and nourished. Our Quick Cooker is perfect for making quick and easy meals like rice or steamed vegetables. Our Mandoline Slicer can make slicing fruits and vegetables easier when you don't have a lot of energy. And don't forget to use our non-stick cookware to make clean-up a breeze!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Optimist78
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jzramom
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies