• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What did I learn from my 4th cooking show?

In summary, a small group of friends from high school organized and hosted a cooking show, and three of their friends booked the show. The show is now at almost $500 with three bookings.
mama2emma
Gold Member
It was my 4th cooking show, and it was just my small group of friends from high school (we've known each other for more than 20 years) - one of them hosted and the other three were guests. I went into it with the attitude that it was going to be a "practice" show, a way to get more comfortable with the whole format. Boy, was I surprised! My friend who hosted had 3 outside orders, one of her sisters wanted to book a show, and two of my other friends booked as well! This little "practice" show is now at almost $500, with 3 bookings.

So now I know you should never assume you know what a show will be like. Something tells me that can work both ways - positive and negative. :)

I'm so happy to read you had a good time.

I really don't want to find an office job after doing PC. PC is way more fun than an office job!

But unpredictable income, and I have predictable bills....I want to chuck my degree credentials and do something different.

Oh, and it turns out, I've always been doing an interactive cooking show. I am glad PC is going that way.

Best of luck to you!

Last edited:
mama2emma said:
Something tells me that can work both ways - positive and negative. :)
That's true, but the positive ones outweigh the negative ones! (usually:chef: )

And congratulations! You are off to an awesome start! Make sure your friends have lots more friends like them that you can 'practice' on :D

Fabulous! Isn't that the beauty of this biz??? You just never know what you're gonna get...

You know, I train my consultants to ask their friends if they can practice on them. It makes it less stressful for the consultant and their friends and they will get honest feedback. And, since their friends aren't stressed out, they are more open to booking and recruiting! Great job!

awesome! what a great surprise!

I'm so happy for you Amy!

You are very smart to understand it goes both ways. You just need to remember the good when you go through some bad. Like Linda said the good usually does outweigh the bad:)!

After a couple of incidents like you mentioned, I made a decision. For me, a successful show is one where everyone has fun and at least one person learns something. By taking my eyes off the sales total and on the customers, I am able to relax and enjoy the show myself.

cmdtrgd said:
You know, I train my consultants to ask their friends if they can practice on them. It makes it less stressful for the consultant and their friends and they will get honest feedback. And, since their friends aren't stressed out, they are more open to booking and recruiting! Great job!

I do this with bookings. I call a friend or two & ask if I can "practice" what I'm going to say! I have a show Sat. that when I was practicing, my friend actually booked! And she has a definate 10 people coming, probably more!! I'm going to try to recruit her, her hubby already told her she should, now I have to convince her!!:rolleyes:

Congrats on the great sales & the bookings! YAY!!:p

Related to What did I learn from my 4th cooking show?

What is "I Learned a Lesson Today..."?

"I Learned a Lesson Today..." is a series of cooking classes offered by Pampered Chef that focuses on teaching participants new recipes, techniques, and tips for using our products.

How long are the classes?

The classes typically last around 1-2 hours, depending on the specific lesson being taught.

Are the classes hands-on or demonstration-style?

The classes are hands-on, giving participants the opportunity to actively participate in the cooking process and practice the techniques being taught.

Do I need to have Pampered Chef products to attend the class?

No, you do not need to have any Pampered Chef products to attend the class. However, we highly recommend using our products during the class for the best learning experience.

How do I sign up for a "I Learned a Lesson Today..." class?

You can sign up for a class by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant or visiting our website to find a class near you. You can also host a class in your own home and invite your friends and family to join!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chellb1234
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
islandgurlchef
  • purpleluvs3
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • kayleigh