• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Creative Uses Can Pinch Bowls Have for Entertaining Guests?

In summary, the guest special is the pinch bowls. They are cute and can be used for a variety of things, but are not oven proof.
dpcharlotte
I read the thread with the BBQ ideas - but then it got side tracked. Since this is the new guest special can you please help me brainstorm what else I could do with this bowl set ?????

Dipping Sauces
Recipe Prep
Sewing Supplies
Ice cream toppings

These things are selling THEMSELVES!

Personally, I think they are a waste. I love my prep bowls and use them all of the time. I didn't think these would go over well, but I was WRONG! If you have them, display them all stacked on each other with the lids on. Then...show how you put the lid on the smallest one and into the next bowl and so on. They are impressed to see that they all (lids too) fit into the largest bowl! Easy storage!

Even good for sorting fun with a toddler... as you can assume I was just playing with my 2 year old.

I think they are cute but I don't see a lot of use in them either... except my (almost) 2 year old and 3 year old love to play with them and eat out of them.
I do think that the bigger ones would be good for new Mommys to send formula in as there is a lid and a pour spout. It would be great for liquid or powdered formula.

KellyTheChef said:
These things are selling THEMSELVES!

Personally, I think they are a waste. I love my prep bowls and use them all of the time. I didn't think these would go over well, but I was WRONG! If you have them, display them all stacked on each other with the lids on. Then...show how you put the lid on the smallest one and into the next bowl and so on. They are impressed to see that they all (lids too) fit into the largest bowl! Easy storage!

Thanks Kelly! That sounds like a great way to promote them! My first kitchen show is coming up, and I will definitely make a special point to do this.

High Five!
Cyndi

I think they're cute, too, but rarely use them. The littlest ones don't hold enough.
I use the prep bowls constantly.

I love the prep bowls,I use them everyday.
I was surprised when I had a guest order the pinch bowls, how small the box they came in was.

dpcharlotte said:
I read the thread with the BBQ ideas - but then it got side tracked. Since this is the new guest special can you please help me brainstorm what else I could do with this bowl set ?????

A thread got"sidetracked" on here! You have got to be kidding me, right!??:eek::D

I think they are the cutest things but have never used them. I use my prep bowls everyday. Bought another set when they were on the supply order form.

One of my host specifically wanted this month b/c of the pinch bowls for her guest though b/c she said they were so great!

pinch bowls can be used for sewing or scrapbook items, they are good for the "brads". dipping oils for breads too :) yummy

they fit in the party sticks too, I think??

I personally use them for making hairbows. I make princess hairbows and they consist of LOTS of different cuts of ribbon so I use these to divide them up in their sizes and I can cut the ribbon up for a large number of hairbows at a time and then just assemble the bows in larger quanity. I LOVE them for this. I would love to attach a picture of these but don't know how. They are so cute I can make any princess, Cinderalla, Belle etc.
Michelle

I have mixed things like salt/pepper in the smallest one to take to a show, then when i need those ingredients...I have them all stacked inside each other , like storage...then open one by one ...
(specifically the One Bowl Salsa recipe spices)

I think it's important to note that they AREN"T oven proof like the Prep Bowls...:-(

OMG...I JUST noticed my STRIPPER STAR! ! ! ! ! !
:)

I tell them that the littlest one is good for storing wasabi. My dh likes it for that. Other than that, I have a hard time describing what they are good for. I am liking some of the ideas here. Any more to add?

Well what I use them for is:

Individual portions of dipping sauces for guests or in our home when we are eating wings or other dipping foods, some of us want ranch, others BBQ sauce, others honey mustard. I know it sounds simple but I am a dipper, I cannot stand to have my fries soggy in ketchup. As well as my nuggets, wings, etc... I need something to dip into. :rolleyes:

Because it looks cool like on the food network to have all your indgredients seperated in these cute bowls to add to your recipe (especially at your shows). This also helps to remember if you did add an ingredient or exactly how much of something we added.

Nesting is a great thing too, saves space.

Lids to save extra ingredients in pantry or fridge.

I always thought it would be a great idea to fill these each up with an ingredient, place them in the small batter bowl or classic batter bowl, along with other ingredients and a PC recipe for a cool gift.

My daughters used them for washable paints, and to seperate different colors of frosting for their cookies. Also small portions aren't so messy for little hands.

I also reheat small portions of baby food in them (you know that stuff left in the big jar they didn't finish.)

Premeasured portions of baby formula when you're on the go.

Small portions of candy for my little ones, they love the cute bowls and it keeps them from wanting the whole bag.

Vitamins, and supplement portions (diet shakes) are great for these too.

Holding sprinkles, candy, and other small decorations for cookie baking during the holidays.

Ok that's all I can think of. But I love them as well as my prep bowls!

Debbie :D

What about putting a serving of salad dressing in there for taking on the go.

My mom is diabetic and wants the tiny on for her sugar sub. (I can't remember which one she likes) but they don't always have the one that she uses when she is out and about!

I only use the pinch bowls at shows with small ingredients in them stacked in the middle of the table...hopefully the guests will go ga-ga this month over them...

Related to What Creative Uses Can Pinch Bowls Have for Entertaining Guests?

1. What are pinch bowls and how are they used?

Pinch bowls are small bowls with a pinched lip that are used for holding small amounts of ingredients while cooking or baking. They are typically used to hold pre-measured spices, herbs, or other seasonings, making it easier to add them to a dish as needed.

2. Can I use pinch bowls for other purposes besides cooking?

Yes, pinch bowls can also be used for serving small snacks, holding jewelry or other small trinkets, or even as a decorative piece on a table or shelf. Their versatility makes them a useful tool in any kitchen or home.

3. What are some creative pinch bowl ideas for hosting a party?

Pinch bowls can be used for serving dips and spreads, holding toppings for a build-your-own taco or salad bar, or even as individual serving bowls for desserts like ice cream or fruit. They can also be used to hold toothpicks or cocktail garnishes for a party.

4. Are there any tips for organizing and storing pinch bowls?

To save space, stack your pinch bowls inside one another when not in use. You can also use a small tray or basket to keep them all together in a cabinet or on a shelf. Labeling the bowls with the ingredients inside can also help with organization and quick access while cooking.

5. Do you have any recommendations for pinch bowl sets?

We offer a variety of pinch bowl sets in different sizes and colors to fit your needs and style. Our ceramic pinch bowl set is great for both cooking and serving, while our stainless steel set is durable and perfect for everyday use. We also have a silicone pinch bowl set that is collapsible for easy storage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Kelly8
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
chefann