• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Can I Do With Leftover Fall/Winter Catalogues?

M
mistym
I am sorry if this thread has already been posted,but I searched and couldn't find anything on this topic.

I am wondering what everyone is doing with their f/w left over catalogues? I have a whole bunch and don't want to just chuck them out. What are you guys doing with them! I am sure this creative group has some wicked ideas....

much appreciated.

Thanks

Misty

Do you have any booths coming up that you could pass them out at? You could put a sticker on the front saying that it is an old catalog and to call you for a new one. It's still a good way to get your name out there. One thing I have never been is stingy (sp) with is my catalogs. They cost me 39 cents a piece and to me that is cheap advertising. I have people calling me up all the time that I don't know. I've already handed out all but 5 of my Spring catalogs. Time to order more!

Put a sticker on the front and leave them everywhere!!!! Anywhere there is a waiting room with magazines is a good start.

Sometimes my ds and I go to Barnes & Noble so he can play with the train table and I ALWAYS leave a catalog there on one of the chairs!

I have never been stingy with catalogs, either. My guests appreciate being allowed to take them and they even tell me that!

I use old catty's for vendor events, I leave them in doctor's offices, I give them out here & there. Don't EVER just chuck them - they are free advertisinig for you!

And if you leave them places or hand them out at fairs, you'll find out who's really serious about placing an order. Those are the people who will notice the date on the book and call you for a new one. :)

Do you think it's okay to even use ones from last spring? Do you worry about the price increases? I hand out the mini-catalogs as well. Cheaper and many people love that since it's the new stuff they are really interested in. I've typically had booths near the end of a season so didn't reallly have to worry about it. This time I'm at the very beginning. Of course, WE know that...not everyone knows the catalog changes in March & Sept. I won't hand new ones out a ton a this craft fair, b/c I know that it's wasted money. Plus, I'll have the incentive...get a new catalog when you book a show.

I used Spring 2005 cattys at a bridal fair at the beginning of this month. I told people that it was an older book, but it would give them an idea of our product line. And I had the old catalog poem on the front. Nobody seemed to mind.

chefann said:
I used Spring 2005 cattys at a bridal fair at the beginning of this month. I told people that it was an older book, but it would give them an idea of our product line. And I had the old catalog poem on the front. Nobody seemed to mind.

Ann, What is the poem you use??

Though the date on this catalog may be old,
Just look inside and you’ll be sold…
Many great products you will see
Call me to learn how to get some FREE!!

chefann said:

I'd be interested in that as well :)

Poem for old catalogsHere's the poem again for those who don't have it.

Attachments

• Though the date on this catalog may be old.doc
    35 KB · Views: 412
pamperedharriet said:
Here's the poem again for those who don't have it.

Thanks Harriet! Do you print that out on labels or just attach a piece of paper to the cattys?

Labels for Catalog Poem
hoosierchef said:
Thanks Harriet! Do you print that out on labels or just attach a piece of paper to the cattys?

I print them on Avery Labels 8164 they are 3 1/2 X 4 inches. These sheets print 6 to a page. You're quite welcome!

pamperedharriet said:
I print them on Avery Labels 8164 they are 3 1/2 X 4 inches. These sheets print 6 to a page. You're quite welcome!

Looks like another trip to the office Supply store! LOL

Very true Tammi. By the way the package I have has 150 labels to the packet. I don't know how much Office Depot is selling them for but you could order it online and get it delivered next day free through our Pampered Perks.

That's the poem I use, but I have 2 more lines to it that I got from someone around here:

If extra money is what you need,
I can help you to succeed.

Then it covers recruiting, as well. :)

And I also print them on the 6-up labels because there's plenty of room for the poem, my name, phone number, email addy, and webpage.

I think it's on the attachment I put on here.

Then, Thanks, Harriet!

I use ideas from here all the time, but can't always remember who posted them. :)

No problem, Ann. I am that way too!

Use old catalogs for bridal showersI used my old catalogs to cut out pictures of products to paste them to index cards for a bridal shower I did, using her wish list as my guide for what pictures I needed. I had to use about 3 catalogs for this, but it was worth not using up my brand new ones. Not only did I cut out the picture, but the item description and the price as well. Make sure you note any price changes though!

Related to What Can I Do With Leftover Fall/Winter Catalogues?

1. What can I do with leftover fall/winter catalogues?

There are many creative ways to repurpose your leftover catalogues. Some ideas include using them as wrapping paper, cutting out images to make collages or art pieces, using them as materials for DIY projects, or donating them to schools or community centers for art projects.

2. How can I avoid throwing away my leftover catalogues?

One way to avoid throwing away your leftover catalogues is to opt for digital versions instead. Many companies offer online versions of their catalogues, which can help reduce paper waste.

3. Can I recycle my leftover catalogues?

Yes, most paper catalogues are recyclable. However, it's always best to check with your local recycling guidelines to ensure proper disposal.

4. Are there any practical uses for leftover catalogues?

Aside from using them for art or DIY projects, leftover catalogues can also be used as scratch paper for writing notes or making grocery lists. They can also be used as kindling for starting fires.

5. How long should I keep my leftover catalogues before getting rid of them?

This ultimately depends on your personal preference and how quickly you accumulate new catalogues. Some people may choose to keep them for a few months to refer back to, while others may get rid of them as soon as the new season's catalogue arrives. Just remember to recycle them properly when you no longer need them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Halle-Doodle
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • pczd
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
heather9892
  • nikki70563