• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are the do's and don'ts for a new Pampered Chef consultant?

DO reach out to family and friends to let them know about your business and to book them a party.Be sure to read the Consultant Policy Guide as it will answer many questions and will help you run your business successfully.Finally, have fun with your business!
Shortstuff0203
I just signed up for Pampered Chef today. I can't even get into Consultant Corner actually, which is why I am getting my fix here. Do you have any tips, tricks, do's or don'ts for a brand new consultant?

Here's a few top thoughts from me:
DO have FUN with your business - the more you look like you are having fun, the better your parties are.
DON'T stress if your shows are perfect. We are the Pampered Chef not the Perfect Chef.
DO go to your team meetings and any other training you can - it's a great way to learn about up coming things, learn from other consultants, etc.
DO come up with an organization system from the start, it's easier to start now than to start later.
DO put your family first, schedule your parties around family time not the other way around.
DO take control of your calendar - mark your open days the month before so you know what days you have available.If you can, another thing that has helped me a lot is to have my kit packed at all times in my car. No last minute running around finding things, no forgetting products at home, no lugging stuff around. I have one bag that has all my products in and one bag with all my paperwork (that reminds me - DON'T feel like you have to take every product in the catalog!!!!). I only have to take my paperwork bag in to change out missing receipts, business cards, etc (oh yah another one - get business cards right away - give one to everybody you meet at parties and out and about).

DON'T try to re-invent the wheel. DO the plan of success PC has outlined.
DO establish your goals.
DO utilize the knowledge of your director.
DON'T try to do it on your own.
DO only one recipe at your first 6 shows, and DO practice it at home!
DO go to see other consultants' shows to get training and pointers.

Do be sure to read the Consultant Policy Guide (once you get access to CC.) It answers so many questions and is a great resource.Along with that, do take the online training when you get access, it's very helpful.Don't be bashful about asking questions. It's what your director is for. (And we like to help here, too, so feel free to ask for help. Read the "sticky" in the Lounge section called the "Hitchhiker's Guide...")Don't get caught up on making the perfect flyers and handouts. Keep it simple. PC has great resources and the less "fluff" the better. (trust me...I got sucked into that when I was new.)Don't be shy about telling everyone about your new business. Be excited and have confidence in PC's generous host rewards! You aren't begging for hosts, you want to treat them to a fun night with friends where they'll get to eat & visit with each other and they will be well rewarded from the company.Don't forget to offer the business opportunity. Even though you are new, you can still invite people to try the business. If you don't know the answers, that's okay! You have a director who can help.Get started making your list of 50 or more people you know and start calling them! Schedule your Kick Off/Grand Opening party. If people can't come, invite them to host a show or see if they'd like to see a catalog or place an order. The more bookings you get from the get-go, the more sales you'll get to help you earn incentives from PC.Don't be shy about host coaching. Even if they are your friends. You need them to invite everyone they know, especially people you don't know! The more exposure you have to people you don't know, the sooner you'll get bookings out of your circle and then everything will snowball and keep you in business.

DON'T forget to HAVE FUN!!!

DO remember that we are all here to help you!

DON'T bite off more than you can chew--take it one thing at a time!

Welcome!

DON'T get discouraged if you don't meet your goals. Just try again -- ALL businesses have their ups and downs.

No one will be surprised at my advice:Do practice what you want to say at your shows (and for your phone calls) out loud. This plants the words in a difference place in your brain, making them easier to remember.Don't be surprised if your closest family and friends aren't particularly excited about or supportive of your new business. I believe most of us find that these are the hardest people to convince. Though, they can be an absolute blessing if they turn out to be supportive.

1. What are some common mistakes that newbies make?

Newbies often make the mistake of not asking for help when they need it. They may also try to take on too much at once, leading to burnout or subpar work. Another common mistake is not following instructions or guidelines given by more experienced individuals.

2. What should a newbie do to fit in with a new group or community?

A newbie should take the time to observe and learn the norms and culture of the group or community. They should also actively participate and contribute, while being respectful and open to feedback. Building relationships and seeking guidance from more experienced members can also help a newbie fit in.

3. Is it important for a newbie to have a mentor?

Yes, having a mentor can be extremely beneficial for a newbie. A mentor can provide guidance, support, and valuable insights based on their own experiences. They can also help a newbie navigate any challenges or obstacles they may face.

4. What are some do's and don'ts for a newbie in a professional setting?

Do's: Dress appropriately, arrive on time, be respectful to colleagues and superiors, actively listen and communicate effectively, ask for help when needed, and take initiative and be proactive. Don'ts: Gossip, be late or unprepared, use your phone excessively, overstep boundaries, and take on more than you can handle.

5. How can a newbie make the most out of their learning experience?

A newbie can make the most out of their learning experience by being open-minded, asking questions, seeking feedback, and actively practicing and applying what they have learned. They should also take advantage of any resources or opportunities for growth and development within their learning environment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Rochelle Miller
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Genia Roman
  • JenKollaja
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedchefDaly