• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some kid-friendly cake recipes for baby's first birthday?

In summary, for a baby's first birthday, it is best to use a simple vanilla or chocolate cake to avoid potential allergens. You can use a regular cake mix or make your own from baby-friendly ingredients. When decorating, keep it simple and avoid small or hard decorations. You do not need a special pan, but can use a smaller one for a more manageable size. It is best to cut the cake into small pieces and offer other soft foods for the baby to eat along with the cake.
babywings76
Gold Member
My baby turned one today! :) My in-laws wanted to celebrate tonight. My MIL wants to make her a cake and is looking through my cookbooks right now. But I thought I'd ask here if anyone has a favorite recipe that would be easy and kid friendly (something that my other 3 kids would enjoy and look fun.)

Use sprinkles - and lots of them! :)

Boy or girl?
You could use the batter bowl and make a doll, clown, football, baseball hat, rocket ship, the list is endless! And, yes, lots and lots of sprinkles!

You could use the torte pan and fill the middle with fresh strawberries... or any type fruit, and top with fresh whipped cream...

She ended up making a recipe from a kids cookbook I have. She used the fluted stone and made a cake that has you add instant pudding mix to it, choc. chips, and pecans, and you dust it with powdered sugar after it's cooled. It was a hit, and my baby girl liked it. :) Next week is my son's birthday, he'll be 3. His birthday is the 31st, so we'll be celebrating on Halloween and I'll make the great Pumpkin cake. :)

Glad it went well, Amanda! :)

1. What type of cake is best for a baby's first birthday?

The best type of cake for a baby's first birthday is usually a simple vanilla or chocolate cake. It's important to avoid any potential allergens, so it's best to stick with basic flavors and avoid nuts, dairy, and other common allergens.

2. Can I use a regular cake mix for a baby's first birthday cake?

Yes, you can use a regular cake mix for a baby's first birthday cake. Just be sure to check the ingredients and avoid any potential allergens. You can also make your own cake from scratch using baby-friendly ingredients like applesauce or mashed bananas.

3. How should I decorate a cake for a baby's first birthday?

When decorating a cake for a baby's first birthday, it's important to keep it simple and safe. You can use a small amount of frosting to create a design, or use fresh fruit or non-toxic decorations. Avoid using any small or hard decorations that could pose a choking hazard.

4. Do I need to use a special pan for a baby's first birthday cake?

No, you do not need to use a special pan for a baby's first birthday cake. However, you may want to consider using a smaller pan to create a smaller cake that is more manageable for a baby to eat. You can also use a cake mold or cut out shapes from a regular cake.

5. How should I serve the cake at a baby's first birthday party?

It's best to cut the cake into small, bite-sized pieces for a baby's first birthday party. This will make it easier for the baby to eat and reduce the risk of choking. You can also offer other soft foods like fruit or yogurt for the baby to enjoy along with the cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• paultorres
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies