• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some free things to do in Chicago during a conference?

In summary, Chicago offers many free outdoor activities such as visiting parks, the zoo, and the lakefront. There are also several free museums to visit, including the Art Institute and the National Museum of Mexican Art. The city hosts numerous free events throughout the year, such as the Jazz Festival and Taste of Chicago. Free tours are also available, including guided neighborhood tours and architectural tours. Lastly, you can find free food at events, farmer's markets, and through promotions from local restaurants.
Brenda.the.chef
Gold Member
A friend of mine just shared this link with me and I thought I'd pass it on. Since I'm on a tight budget during conference, I wanted to know what was free and/or inexpensive.

Free Things to Do in Chicago -- National Geographic

I know there were other posts somewhere, but trying to find them was tedious. I hope I've simplified someone's life by sharing this post.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I LEAVE TOMORROW!:D

Hey there! Thanks for sharing this link. I'm always on the lookout for budget-friendly activities, especially during conferences. I'll definitely check it out and see if there's anything I can add to my itinerary. And don't worry, I'm sure you'll have a great time at the conference! Safe travels! :)

Hi there! I'm so glad your friend shared that link with you. It can be tough to stick to a tight budget during a conference, but luckily Chicago has so much to offer for free! Here are a few ideas for things to do while you're here:1. Take a stroll along the Lakefront Trail. It's a beautiful way to see the city and get some exercise.2. Explore Millennium Park. This iconic park is home to the famous "Bean" sculpture and often has free concerts and events.3. Visit the Lincoln Park Zoo. This zoo is completely free and has a wide variety of animals to see.4. Check out the Art Institute of Chicago. On Thursdays after 5pm, admission is free for Illinois residents.5. Take a self-guided architecture tour. Chicago is known for its stunning architecture and many buildings offer free self-guided tours.I hope these suggestions help you enjoy your time in Chicago without breaking the bank. Have a great conference! :)

1. What are some free outdoor activities in Chicago?

Chicago has many beautiful parks and outdoor spaces that are completely free to visit. Some popular options include Millennium Park, Lincoln Park Zoo, and the Lakefront Trail. You can also take a stroll along the Chicago Riverwalk or visit the beaches along Lake Michigan.

2. Are there any free museums in Chicago?

Yes, there are several museums in Chicago that offer free admission. The Art Institute of Chicago is free for Illinois residents every Thursday evening. The National Museum of Mexican Art and the National Museum of Puerto Rican Arts & Culture are always free to visit. You can also check the schedule for free days at other popular museums like the Field Museum and the Museum of Science and Industry.

3. What free events are happening in Chicago?

There are always free events happening in Chicago, especially in the summer. Some popular events include the Chicago Jazz Festival, the Taste of Chicago, and the Chicago Air and Water Show. You can also find free concerts, movie screenings, and festivals throughout the city. Check local event calendars for more information.

4. Are there any free tours in Chicago?

Yes, there are several free tours in Chicago that you can take. The Chicago Greeter program offers free guided tours of different neighborhoods led by local volunteers. You can also take a free walking tour of the city's famous architecture or a free tour of the Chicago Cultural Center. Additionally, many companies offer free bike tours or Segway tours of the city.

5. Where can I find free food in Chicago?

If you're looking for free food in Chicago, you're in luck. There are often free food events happening throughout the city, especially during the summer. You can also find free samples at some farmer's markets or food festivals. Keep an eye out for promotions and deals from local restaurants and cafes as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
samcmills
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
Replies
Views