• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Some Delicious Ideas for Cooking Chicken Breast in the DCB?

In summary, Becky is going to cook chicken breast in the DCB tomorrow and then have it ready for a recipe. There will be repeat guest at her show.
laylaleigh
My host tomorrow wants me to cook chicken breast in the DCB. What should I do with it? I am going to cook it when I get there and then have it ready for a recipe. There will be repeat guest at her show. The last show they were all at I did the pork tenderlion salad.

Please inspire me for a great show tomorrow. I have FOUR this week!!! Thanks! What I do tomorrow I will prob. do on Thursday too. Friday is a big open house and Sat. is a brunch show.

Layla

I have 3 shows and a Huge multi-vendor Fundraiser on Saturday! I'm trying to keep it simple too!What if you did Chicken Fajitas? Do the chicken with some peppers and onions and Southwest Seasoning....and while it is in the microwave, set up some salsa, cheese, and guacamole in small SA bowls in the rectangle stand, and some tortillas on the round dots plate.......then, let them assemble their own fajitas when the chicken is ready! (you could d0 the salsa with the salad choppers, and use our guacamole mix to make the guac.....using the mix n masher!)ETA - the actual recipe for this is in the SB with the Pork recipe - just subbing chicken for the pork)

Becky-That sounds fabulous!! Except, I don't have all those products. :(

Maybe I can fudge it a little bit.

Okay - what don't you have?

If you don't have the salad choppers, you could do the salsa with the chopper.....and you don't have to do guacamole.......just do salsa and cheese in the small bowls with caddy. Small tortillas (6") fit perfectly in the mini baker - and you can put foil over them and heat them up in the oven while the chicken is cooking. I do the onions and peppers with the apple wedger if you have that.

Now I do have all that!! Thanks for the visual on the adjustments.

I have never heard of the onions and peppers with the apple wedger. It works well? The apple wedger is on my list to get. But, I do have a lot of knives that I can cut them up with.

Thanks!!!

laylaleigh said:
Now I do have all that!! Thanks for the visual on the adjustments.

I have never heard of the onions and peppers with the apple wedger. It works well? The apple wedger is on my list to get. But, I do have a lot of knives that I can cut them up with.

Thanks!!!

The apple wedger is amazing for potatoes, onions, and peppers. just cut off the bottoms so you have a flat surface. I sell tons of apple wedgers by doing this! For people who like roasted potato wedges, it's wonderful, because all of the wedges are the same size, and will cook evenly. I always talk about wedging the potatoes, and then tossing them with a little oil, and sprinkling them with the Rosemary spice blend, and roasting them.........wonderful! I think I got this idea from Rae.......Rae - was it you?

thanks again for the tips. This is a great option for this week. Like you said something simple for a busy week.

What other go to chicken recipes do you guys use?

bump...
thanks

what about the jerk chicken nachos? They are super easy and I think they just use starter kit supplies.

The apple wedger is amazing for potatoes, onions, and peppers.

Thank you! I just had a customer ask what else the apple wedger was good for, and all I could think of was pears.

I know she wants a dinner option. They are all teachers and want something to cook quick after being w/ kids all day.

I have done the nachos before and they are great. What about a ring or something in the new cookbook. What is good?

The Chicken Enchilada Ring is a good one! I did alot of those this summer and everyone loved it. No fancy tools needed, your starter kit should cover it.

Becky - I have sold my host on the fajitas. where do I go from here? Have you done chicken breast in the DCB before? I tried some last night at home and i was a little confused by the recipe. Do you keep it in the baker for 10 mins and then an additional 5 mins resting on a plate? Ours was a little dry. Also, should I season the veggies too? Tortillas in the oven, what temp and for how long? Any other tips would be great.

Thanks!! layla

I went to one of my Director's show this past Sunday. She did a chicken in the DCB in the micro. All she did was clean the chicken, put some of our Rosemary seasoning on it and cooked in the micro for 20 minutes. It was delicious and very moist!

laylaleigh said:
Becky - I have sold my host on the fajitas. where do I go from here? Have you done chicken breast in the DCB before? I tried some last night at home and i was a little confused by the recipe. Do you keep it in the baker for 10 mins and then an additional 5 mins resting on a plate? Ours was a little dry. Also, should I season the veggies too? Tortillas in the oven, what temp and for how long? Any other tips would be great.

Thanks!! layla

Remember to keep the lid ON when you are doing the chicken breasts. Let it rest in the DCB before removing it. Don't touch it until you have let it rest!

Yes - I do season the veggies too - I just sprinkle some SW seasoning mix on the veggies, lay the chicken breasts on top, and sprinkle again. (don't know measurements! Sorry!
The tortillas, covered with foil at 350 for about 5-10 minutes - just to get them warm. The mini baker will help keep them warm while serving.

I pulled the chicken out, drained a little of the juices off the veggies, and pushed them to one side of the DCB. Sliced the chicken, and put it back in the DCB with tongs for serving. The DCB helps keep it warm too!

Did you put oil on the chicken before you season it? Did you test the temp on the chicken before pulling it out?

Sorry so many questions!

Yes - I brush it with some of the garlic blend oil.....if you don't have that, just press a garlic clove into a couple TBLS of oil and let it sit for a couple minutes in a prep bowl. I use the silicone basting brush to do mine.

And I ALWAYS check the temp!

Ok, so that I make sure I don't mess this up tonight. Really I am smart, I don't know why it is not sinking in. My steps:

slice veggies, I am going to use the UM, put at the bottom of DCB, sprinkle w/ seasoning
oil chicken and season
cook for 6-10 mins?
check temp for 170
rest for 10 mins in baker?
take out rest for another 5 mins outside of baker?

Sorry for my confusion today!!

laylaleigh said:
Ok, so that I make sure I don't mess this up tonight. Really I am smart, I don't know why it is not sinking in. My steps:

slice veggies, I am going to use the UM, put at the bottom of DCB, sprinkle w/ seasoning
oil chicken and season
cook for 6-10 mins?
check temp for 170
rest for 10 mins in baker?
take out rest for another 5 mins outside of baker?

Sorry for my confusion today!!

I would cook, check temp, let it rest in the baker for 5-10 minutes, and then take it out and slice it.

It's okay......I go over and over these things in my head too!;)

I was told to leave the lid off the chicken breasts! Now I'm confused!!!
Does anyone know why the lid should be on or off?

Stampaholic1961 said:
I was told to leave the lid off the chicken breasts! Now I'm confused!!!
Does anyone know why the lid should be on or off?

I'm just going by what the SB cookbook says. For the pork tenderloin recipe - it says you can sub chicken breasts for it, and follow the directions. The pork directions say to leave the lid on. ( that is where I got the info on doing the chicken fajitas)

Ok, I'll let you know tomorrow how is goes. I am expecting 12-14 people and I surely don't want to poison them!! I am including a free dessert too. I was going to do a micro cake in the fluted pan. But since this is a new recipe for me I won't push my luck or time. I am going to do the cin. bites in the oven. Quick and easy. Hopefully there is enough for everyone. My host is making the pumpkin mini muffins. So, I am sure there will be plenty of food!! I appreicate the help. Next time I will try the salsa. I am going to let that one go today. I know that I would bite off more than I can chew!! Have a great night!! I need to pack my stuff up while the kidos are down!

Thanks,
Layla

Have a great show! You've got it down!

I think it's a good decision to do the bites instead of the cake......you can do the bites at the same time as the chicken, and you are showing cookware then too!

Which SB is the pork fajitas recipe in?

jcsmilez said:
Which SB is the pork fajitas recipe in?

In the Current one - at the bottom of the page for the BBQ Pork Tenderloin.

The show turned out great. The demo part was quick but the show lasted forever!! I didn't leave until 11!!! I never leave a hosts house that late!! Everyone kept talking and talking... They made good sales people though!! I left with $750 in sales! Hopefully we can get it up to $800.

Thank you for all your help!
Layla

laylaleigh said:
The show turned out great. The demo part was quick but the show lasted forever!! I didn't leave until 11!!! I never leave a hosts house that late!! Everyone kept talking and talking... They made good sales people though!! I left with $750 in sales! Hopefully we can get it up to $800.

Thank you for all your help!
Layla

YEA LAYLA! So glad it went well for you! I was wondering how you did.

So Layla, can you please share exactly how you prepared the chicken? Spices, # of chicken breasts, lid or no lid, time to cook and time to rest.

Thanks in advance.

Layla, that would be great if you could share.

I didn't measure, but this is what I did. One bell pepper, one med. onion (didn't use all of it), and 2 large chicken breasts. I bought just over 1.5lbs., but I only used 2 of the 3 breasts. Mainly b/c it fit in the baker. As I mentioned before I didn't want to undercook anything and poison people! I sliced the pepper and onion with the UM. I used the adj. blade. I did this while everyone was intriducing themselves. I didn't use all the vegies. I covered the bottom of the DCB and seasoned them w/ the southwestern seasoning.

I trimmed the fat off the chicken and added it in the baker and seasoned both sides. I didn't measure. They were covered in seasoning. I did cover the baker and put them in for 7 mins., tested temp, back in 2 mins, tested temp. it was really close to 170, so I let it rest w/ the lid on until I was ready to slice.

While the chicken was in the micro I put the tortillas in the oven in the mini baker, and started the dessert. Cin. biscuits. I put them in the oven and took out the tortillas the ckichen was still resting so I thru in the coffee micro cake. sliced the ckicen put back in baker, pulled the desserts out and everything was done at the same time.

I had a guest grate the cheese before the show. I did not tempt the salsa this time around. I did drain a lot of the juices off of the veggies before I put the chicken back in. Everyone loved it.

I hope that helps you.

What are some delicious ideas for cooking chicken breast in the DCB?

1. Lemon Garlic Chicken: Marinate chicken breast in a mixture of lemon juice, minced garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then cook in the DCB for about 20 minutes, or until fully cooked.

2. BBQ Chicken: Brush chicken breast with your favorite BBQ sauce and cook in the DCB for about 25 minutes, or until fully cooked.

3. Pesto Chicken: Spread pesto sauce over chicken breast and top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Cook in the DCB for about 20 minutes, or until fully cooked.

4. Teriyaki Chicken: Marinate chicken breast in teriyaki sauce for at least 30 minutes before cooking in the DCB for about 20 minutes, or until fully cooked.

5. Buffalo Chicken: Toss chicken breast in buffalo sauce and cook in the DCB for about 25 minutes, or until fully cooked. Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing on the side.

My host tomorrow wants me to cook chicken breast in the DCB. What should I do with it?

You can try one of the delicious ideas mentioned above, or get creative and come up with your own marinade or seasoning. The DCB is a versatile cooking tool, so feel free to experiment and see what works best for you and your guests.

Please inspire me for a great show tomorrow.

One idea could be to have a "build your own" chicken dish station. Provide different toppings and sauces for guests to choose from, such as diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, BBQ sauce, pesto, and buffalo sauce. This allows guests to customize their own chicken dish and makes for a fun and interactive experience.

What I do tomorrow I will prob. do on Thursday too.

If you have multiple shows in a week, it can be helpful to have a few go-to chicken recipes that you can easily replicate. This saves time and allows you to perfect the dish for each show. Consider trying a different marinade or seasoning each time to keep things interesting.

Friday is a big open house and Sat. is a brunch show.

For the open house, you could showcase a few different chicken dishes to give guests a taste of what you can do with the DCB. For the brunch show, consider making a chicken and vegetable frittata in the DCB. It's a healthy and delicious option that can be easily prepared in the DCB.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • stephanieboyd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jori-sc
  • accooks13