• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some delicious apple recipes?

and nutmeg; stir well. Pour into Deep Dish Baker. Spread apple mixture evenly over apples. Place Deep Dish Baker on Ungreased Plate. Bake at 400 degrees F for 30-35 minutes. Cool on Ungreased Plate for 5 minutes. Remove from Deep Dish Baker. Top with whipped cream or ice cream.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Well, now that we cannot demo the Deep Covered Baker I am in a quandry as to what to fix for my shows this weekend. I was planning to make the Caramel Apple Bread Pudding. My Saturday host really would like to do something with apples for the fall, but I don't know what to make. I thought about possibly doing the Mom's Apple Crisp recipe. What are some other really good recipes that use apples?

thanks!
Linda

I really like the Mom's Apple Crisp purely because it shows how the stoneware can be used in the microwave. I sold a lot of stoneware that way, just showing how versatile it is.

I know that Gillian (gilliandanielle) has been making Mom's Apple Crisp from All the Best Cookbook (p 99) latley at her shows and she loves it! She's raved to me on the phone about it several times but I have yet to personally make it.

I've made the bread pudding in the square baker. I just made it with about 3/4 of the ingredients so it wasn't too much. I just covered with whatever top I had.

beepampered said:
I've made the bread pudding in the square baker. I just made it with about 3/4 of the ingredients so it wasn't too much. I just covered with whatever top I had.
What kind of top did you use?

pamperedlinda said:
Well, now that we cannot demo the Deep Covered Baker I am in a quandry as to what to fix for my shows this weekend. I was planning to make the Caramel Apple Bread Pudding. My Saturday host really would like to do something with apples for the fall, but I don't know what to make. I thought about possibly doing the Mom's Apple Crisp recipe. What are some other really good recipes that use apples?

thanks!
Linda

I make this ALL the time ~ you can make in a braid, or a ring (to show a woven too). LOVE it. I make it for my family as a braid at least once or twice a month. For breakfast, I reheat it in my toasteroven and small stone.

Attachments

• ;-) CREAMY CARAMEL APPLE BRAID_or_WREATH.doc
    22 KB · Views: 356
I've made the Mom's Apple Crisp a lot at my fall shows. It always goes over VERY well & I always sell a few deep dish bakers! I love to show how easy it is--even for the non-cook.

Where can I find the Mom's Apple Crisp recipe?:confused:

Here http://joycesfinecooking.com/PC%20Recipes/moms_apple_crisp.htm it is. Joyce is a great source for recipes.

tlennhoff said:
Here http://joycesfinecooking.com/PC%20Recipes/moms_apple_crisp.htm it is. Joyce is a great source for recipes.
Thanks!!:)

chefkristin said:
Where can I find the Mom's Apple Crisp recipe?:confused:
When you need to look up a recipe, go to Consultants Corner> Recipes>Recipe search.

This recipe is also on page 99 of All The Best cookbook ;)

I always get good feedback when I demo the Taffy Apple Pizza. yum!

Or there's the unique... The Turkey Panini with Cranberry Marmalade recipe (Cooking for 2) has apples in it. I'm making that at a show tomorrow. It's a little involved, but if you have a lot of the prep done ahead it would be a great show recipe (lots and lots of tools, including the grill pan and gril press).

Of course, you can always go to the recipe search on Consultant's Corner and just put "apple" as an ingredient and see what comes up.

Mom's Apple Crisp is fabulous! I also made the Easy Apple Tart--its becoming my new fave!

Easy Apple Tart (from APCS U&C)
Ingredients:

Crust
1 package refrigerated pie crust (1 crust)

Filling
2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg

Glaze
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon milk

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Roll pie crust into a 13-inch circle using Baker's Roller(TM) on Classic Round Stone.
2. Peel, core and slice apples with Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut slices in half. Spread apples evenly in a 12-inch circle. Brush apples with butter using Pastry Brush.
3. Combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; place in Flour/Sugar Shaker. Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over apples. Fold outside edge over apples.
4. Bake 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven onto Stackable Cooling Rack. Cool 5 minutes.
5. For glaze, combine powdered sugar and milk; stir until smooth. Pour over warm tart. Slice and serve warm.
Yield: 10-12 servings

Mom's Apple Crisp

4-6 Granny Smith apples
8 graham crackers (2 1/2 x 5 inches), finely chopped
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
Whipped cream or ice cream (optional)

Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apples in half; place in Deep Dish Baker. Finely chop graham crackers using Food Chopper; place in Classic Batter Bowl. Add brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Place butter in Small Micro-Cooker®; microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until melted. Add butter; mix well. Sprinkle graham cracker mixture evenly over apples. Microwave on HIGH 12-15 minutes or until apples are tender, rotating dish after 6 minutes. Cool slightly; serve warm topped with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired. Yield: 10 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 280, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Chol: 25 mg, Carbohydrate 48 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 140 mg, Fiber 4 g

This is one I get a lot of raves about....

Quick Apple Crisp

5 Granny Smith apples (about 6 cups)
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup nuts, chopped
1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel, core and slice apples. Cut apples in half crosswise. Place apples in a deep dish baker.

2. Microwave butter on HIGH 60 seconds or until melted. Chop nuts. Add nuts, cake mix, sugar and cinnamon to bowl; mix until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples.

3. Bake 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream, or whipped topping, if desired.

Yield: 10 servings or 20 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 240, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 13 mg, Carbohydrate 34 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 220 mg, Fiber 2 g

AJPratt said:
Mom's Apple Crisp is fabulous! I also made the Easy Apple Tart--its becoming my new fave!

Anne,

I have attempted to make MAC twice - I follow the directions to the "T". However, after a very short period of time, the crust becomes rock hard??

Any suggestions?? I have cooked it less time, decreased the BS to 1/2 cup, etc. Just curious - becuase everyone raves about it.

Maybe I will try the easy apple tart...

The Taffy Apple Pizza is also very good, but I can't remember which cookbook it's in and I'm at work right now.

PCGINA said:
Anne,

I have attempted to make MAC twice - I follow the directions to the "T". However, after a very short period of time, the crust becomes rock hard??

Any suggestions?? I have cooked it less time, decreased the BS to 1/2 cup, etc. Just curious - becuase everyone raves about it.

Maybe I will try the easy apple tart...

You know - I had this happen one time - and I'm not sure why it did. It was at home in my microwave which I use all the time for MAC......the only thing I could think of, and I'm not sure about this - is that I may have used Margarine instead of butter? I almost exclusively use real butter for cooking - but I did experiment for awhile with Smart Balance......

Have you tried lowering the power on your microwave?

AJPratt said:
Have you tried lowering the power on your microwave?
I have a high wattage microwave and the first time I made this mine was hard as a rock! I usually lower it to 80% power and it comes out just fine!.

Anne, I can't wait to try the apple tart recipe. It sounds delish!

Susan, I'm also trying the Creamy Apple Ring. I think that sounds very good (and fattening) too!

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm making the Mom's Apple Crisp for my shows this weekend.

The Apple Tart is soo easy. I was schocked! I made it for a cluster meeting. Actually, I made it twice this week. LOL

After reading this thread last night, I got inspired to make the apple crisp for 2. I did the recipe in All the Best, page 99 - cut it in half, only had McIntosh apples, cooked in microwave for 7 minutes in the DD pie plate - it was WONDERFUL!!!!!

Sally G said:
After reading this thread last night, I got inspired to make the apple crisp for 2. I did the recipe in All the Best, page 99 - cut it in half, only had McIntosh apples, cooked in microwave for 7 minutes in the DD pie plate - it was WONDERFUL!!!!!
What a great idea!

Weekly BitesI thought I saw i Weekly Bites that you could use the Deep Dish Baker for the Caramel Apple Bead Pudding!? Is that right? That's what I plan on doing for my show tomorrow.

Cookin'InTX said:
I thought I saw i Weekly Bites that you could use the Deep Dish Baker for the Caramel Apple Bead Pudding!? Is that right? That's what I plan on doing for my show tomorrow.

This is what I found:

In place of the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker, we recommend the following alternative vessels to prepare the Caramel Apple Bread Pudding recipe:

For a microwave oven alternative, the recipe can be prepared in the New Traditions Deep Dish Baker (do not use the Classics Deep Dish Baker). Prepare recipe as directed. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 15-18 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 155°F in center; let stand 10 minutes before serving. The pudding will rise above the rim of the baker during cooking, but will fall as it cools.

For a conventional oven alternative, the recipe can be prepared in the Rectangular Baker. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare recipe as directed. Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until center appears set; let stand 10 minutes before serving.

its_me_susan said:
I make this ALL the time ~ you can make in a braid, or a ring (to show a woven too). LOVE it. I make it for my family as a braid at least once or twice a month. For breakfast, I reheat it in my toasteroven and small stone.

I made this at my Friday night show & they couldnt wait for it to cool off...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool:

I took Becky's advice a few weeks back and made the Granny Apple Cake for a church function. The ladies really raved about this one, plus you get to demo the cookware.

Here's one I made up and took to cluster the other day:

2 Granny Smith apples
1 jar lemon curd
1 8 oz tub whipped cream cheese
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp Pantry cinnamon
1 sheet puff pastry

Lay out the puff pastry on a Rectangle Stone and divide into thirds with Pizza Cutter like you do for the onion/goat cheese tart. (I was inspired by this recipe) Move strips apart on the Stone slightly. Mix cream cheese, honey and cinnamon in a Small Batter Bowl with a small Mix n Scraper and spread over puff pastry strips with Small Spreader, leaving a ¼ inch edge, you will probably have some mixture left. (It’s great on tomorrow morning’s bagel.) Use APCS to slice apples, cut in half. Lay half slices slightly overlapping over cream cheese. Warm the lemon curd in a Prep Bowl and brush over the apples with Silicone Basting Brush. Bake 20-22 min until pastry is golden brown and the apples are soft. Slice each strip onto fours and then in half to make a triangle.

This sounds AWESOME!! I will have to try this. :)

tlennhoff said:

Which cookbook?

No clue as she does not include that information on her site.

pamperedlinda said:
I have a high wattage microwave and the first time I made this mine was hard as a rock! I usually lower it to 80% power and it comes out just fine!.

Anne, I can't wait to try the apple tart recipe. It sounds delish!

Susan, I'm also trying the Creamy Apple Ring. I think that sounds very good (and fattening) too!

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm making the Mom's Apple Crisp for my shows this weekend.

No not bad ~ I use reduced fat crescent rolls, 1/3 fat cream cheese. :)

Chef_Leeanne gave me a recipe for chunky applesauce. It is SOOOO Good!

MICROWAVE CHUNKY APPLESAUCE

3 lb. apples Jonagold or any cooking apple, peeled, cored and sliced, about 5 ½ cups
¾ cup sugar or to taste
½ cup water
½ to 1 teaspoon cinnamon

Combine all ingredients in large glass bowl. Cover with wax paper. Microwave on HIGH 8-11 minutes or until apples are soft, stirring once halfway through cooking. Mash apples until slightly chunky; serve warm or chilled.

This would be something good to do along with another recipe....
Until you try this, you wont believe how GOOD it is!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
abigailhutch
  • chefa
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Jennie50