• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Weird Question....need Advice!!!!

In summary, the recruit lead's husband owns a fitness club and knows tons of people who are gluten and dairy intolerant. He wants to make their recipes at the shows for all the people who can't eat those things. The rule in their contract is that she will only demonstrate or sell Company products at the shows, and she can't do that if she's also selling her husband's cookbooks. However, as long as she doesn't try to sell them at the show, she should be ok.
smile10308
Gold Member
Ok so I am a recruit lead who's husband writes cookbooks for people who are gluten and dairy intolerant. They also own their own fitness club and know tons of people. Well heres the thing, she wants to make their recipes at the shows for all the people who can't eat those things. I thought it was a brilliant idea!! Especially since I am Lactose intollerant and have a heck of a time with PC recipes. Is anyone familiar with this territory? Here is the rule in the contract:

10. I will demonstrate or sell only Company products at Cooking Shows. I will not demonstrate or sell any other products, including any products made personally by me, as part of my Pampered Chef® business, at any Cooking Show or at a Company-sponsored event or meeting.

I am wondering if in this situation it would really apply? She is so interested in the business as long as she can help people with these recipes and she would be so good at this job. Thanks for your help!

I don't think we're limited to using only PC recipes in our shows, are we? That rule, as I understand it, is so consultants aren't representing more than one company at a PC show. You can do a joint show with a rep from another ds company but you, personally, can't represent both at one show. Same thing if you own another business, like a bakery. You can't do both at the same show.

I don't really see that your situation would be affected by that rule. She wouldn't be able to sell his cookbooks at the shows. That would definitely be a violation. But she could sell them at the fitness center or online or wherever, as long as it's not at her show.

You may want to verify that with HO but unless it's saying one thing and meaning another, it's pretty clear that you'd be ok.

I don't think they should be presenting their cookbooks at shows, but using the recipes I would think would be ok

You don't have to use PC recipes. As stated, the cookbooks would not be able to be sold at the show. However, as soon as the show is over, they can be sold.

I agree with the others - she can't try to sell her husband's cookbook at the show, but it's certainly ok for her to use the recipe. And if someone asks where the recipe came from, then she would be ok to tell them.

Related to Weird Question....need Advice!!!!

1. Can I use Pampered Chef products for non-food purposes?

Yes, you can use our products for non-food purposes. Many of our products are versatile and can be used for various tasks in the kitchen or around the house.

2. Is it safe to put Pampered Chef products in the dishwasher?

Yes, the majority of our products are safe to put in the dishwasher. However, we recommend checking the care instructions for each individual product to ensure proper care.

3. How do I clean my Pampered Chef stoneware?

To clean your stoneware, simply use hot water and a nylon scraper or brush. Avoid using soap, as it can be absorbed into the stoneware and affect the taste of your food.

4. Can I use Pampered Chef products in the microwave?

Yes, many of our products are safe to use in the microwave. However, we recommend checking the care instructions for each individual product to ensure proper use.

5. Are Pampered Chef products covered by a warranty?

Yes, our products are covered by a limited lifetime warranty. If you experience any issues with your product, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• deener
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • noelskitchen