• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Was My Mom & Me Show Disaster Worth It?

In summary, the host of the show asked the person to use their house for a fundraiser for Girl Scouts. The host ended up having a very hyper personality and brought along four kids. She left during the show to take her daughter to dance and didn't offer to help with anything. The show only had a total of two guests and the host didn't do anything to contribute to the costs. The person hosting the show is feeling frustrated and taken advantage of, but some suggest taking the host benefits for herself and enjoying her clean home.
schel
:eek: My mom & me show was a complete flop/disaster. A total of 2 people showed and only $140.00 later. Not to mention how the whole thing was set up was awful.

Ok; the host, wanted to do the show as a fund raiser for Girl Scouts. Fine...
She said "My house is to small for a party, could we do it at your house?"
So being the nice person I am and hoping for the best I agree.

BIG MISTAKE!!!!

She comes in the door and she has a REALLY HYPER PERSONALITY and has 4 kids with her. bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.......etc..... It's like your head is spinning when she talks because she never shuts up!

Ok so then she says "oh I hope you don't mind, I have to leave for a bit and take my oldest to dance." Excuse me! I thought you were hosting this and I was only providing the roof over our heads for this!
So she leaves and comes back and only 2 other guests arrive and thats it for the night. She told me a count of 12-14 were coming.
And then.... she didn't offer to help set up, pay for ANYTHING or clean up. She even left again to pick her daughter up from dance.

So now I have sunk a day cleaning my house, (which now it is clean for the weekend which I am happy about) set up, expense of groceries, paper goods, door prizes, and took a PTO day on Friday to recover from the awful crazy night it was....etc. and NO offer to even help with the cost.

She says she has like 5-6 more outside orders and I'll be lucky if the show even gets above $200.00 as far as I can see.

At this point, I am feeling really took and don't even want to host this as a fund raiser being she did NOTHING! But so what do I do from here?

I am feeling so frustrated and taken. I would love for anyones input on this whole thing. I am exhausted!!!

Thanks for letting me vent.
I am going to go to the couch and VEGGE!

Schel :eek:

I am so sorry things went so horribly. Maybe she'll surprise you with more orders. I'm sorry! I hope some rest makes you feel a little better.

This probably doesn't offer much consolation, but why not at least take the $15.00 FPV and purchase something for your business. Especially since you did all the work and paid for all the food. I've heard that some consults. ask the hostess to write them a check for the $15.00 PC gives them for hosting a kitchen show.

Didn't she give the girls in her troop books and outside order forms to take orders? If not she should.

At least you gave it a try.

Next time suggest that she try to get a room at a church or school. I was a girl scout leader for 10 years and I never had any trouble getting a place to hold a meeting or program. Did she have the show during her regular meeting night and time? That would have made sense since the parents already plan that time to be there.

Sorry you had such a bad experience.

It totally boggles my mind at how rude people can be! She basically had you babysit too! I feel for you, I've had a rude host once... but wow! I am so sorry you had to go through that and maybe like the others said, get some rest and you'll feel a little better-- hopefully she'll get some orders and you can close it out and be done with her!!

If it got to $200, you could take the host benefits for yourself to get some free products. Give her the 15% out of your commission, which you could write-off your taxes.

I know what you mean by some hosts just sorta taking over. At the end of the time you wonder what happened. It's imperative to take control but not be controlling which is a hard balance.

Enjoy your clean home!

beepampered said:
If it got to $200, you could take the host benefits for yourself to get some free products. Give her the 15% out of your commission, which you could write-off your taxes.

I know what you mean by some hosts just sorta taking over. At the end of the time you wonder what happened. It's imperative to take control but not be controlling which is a hard balance.

Enjoy your clean home!

Great idea! I knew I could count on you all to give me what I needed!!!!!!!
BIG SIGH OF RELIEF!!!!
Michelle

actually you could just give her 10% since that is what PC would have given her on the show.

ShanaSmith said:
actually you could just give her 10% since that is what PC would have given her on the show.

Thats even better!
Thanks!
Michelle :D

beepampered said:

Enjoy your clean home!

Don't do that!! Home office has said that this is STEALING from them and they will terminate us for this.

Sounds to me she was more of a guest than a host. Really, the consultant provided the house, the food, etc., and the "host" didn't help you at all. If she gives you outside orders, great. But personally I would just submit it as a cooking show, offer the host the 60% off item, and write a check to her group yourself and you be the host and get all the benefits. Don't submit it as a fundraiser. Have it all shipped to you as a courtesy, too.

Really, I designed and printed all the invites, paid for all the postage, provided the place for the show, invited guests on my part of which one that showed up was my guest, bought all the ingreedients and paper products. I have not contacted HO on any fund raiser information at this point. I am going to have to talk to my director I guess. She was really only a guest as far as I can see.
Michelle

wow! i was thinking of having a party like this and now having second thoughts. i would never do this as a fundrasier though. sounds like the planning or communication was not clear. maybe the lady was talking too much and did not understand the concept that the g.s. getting orders and bookings to secure funds for the troop? sorry it did not work out. maybe you could incorporate this in to a troop meeting and they could earn the cooking badge next time instead of a fund raiser? as far as opening up my home...no way.

You deserve the benefits for being her darn babysitter!! I can't believe some people.

Related to Was My Mom & Me Show Disaster Worth It?

1. What is "Mom & Me Show Disaster!!!!"?

"Mom & Me Show Disaster!!!!" is a popular cooking show event organized by Pampered Chef specifically for moms and their children. It is a fun and interactive way for families to spend quality time together while learning new cooking techniques and recipes.

2. How do I sign up for "Mom & Me Show Disaster!!!!"?

You can sign up for "Mom & Me Show Disaster!!!!" through your local Pampered Chef consultant or by visiting our website. Simply search for a show in your area and click on the "RSVP" button to reserve your spot.

3. Is there a fee to attend "Mom & Me Show Disaster!!!!"?

There is no fee to attend "Mom & Me Show Disaster!!!!" However, there may be a small fee for ingredients used during the event, which can vary depending on the recipes being prepared. Your Pampered Chef consultant will provide you with more information about any costs involved.

4. Can I bring more than one child to "Mom & Me Show Disaster!!!!"?

Yes, you can bring multiple children to "Mom & Me Show Disaster!!!!" However, we recommend checking with your local consultant beforehand to ensure there is enough space and ingredients available for all children attending.

5. What can I expect at "Mom & Me Show Disaster!!!!"?

"Mom & Me Show Disaster!!!!" is a fun and interactive event where you and your child will learn how to make delicious recipes using Pampered Chef products. There will be hands-on cooking demonstrations, games, and prizes, making it a memorable experience for everyone involved.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcsharon1
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
christinaspc
  • HockeyLover
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Dawn4
  • cttdbreeves