• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Want to Make the Perfect Turkey? Check Out These 10 Steps!

In summary, when cooking a turkey, you should plan on 15-20 minutes per pound at 325 degrees Fahrenheit and use a meat thermometer to ensure it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Basting is not necessary, but can add flavor and moisture if done every 30 minutes. Stuffing should be cooked separately for food safety reasons, but can be stuffed if it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees and is loosely packed. The best way to determine if a turkey is fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer, and it is not recommended to cook a frozen turkey as it should be thawed in the refrigerator or using the cold water method.
aried
Gold Member
Here is something you can email out to your mailing list. It is all from the Butterball Web site. The note I had that Nancy Jo Ryan put it together in 2004. I updated with new products.

Ann

Attachments

• TEN STEPS TO A PICTURE PEFECT TURKEY2.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 346
Thanks for sharing that great file.

Thanks....good tips to know:)

Related to Want to Make the Perfect Turkey? Check Out These 10 Steps!

1. How long should I cook my turkey?

The cooking time for a turkey will vary depending on its size. As a general rule, you should plan on cooking your turkey for 15-20 minutes per pound at 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees before removing it from the oven.

2. Do I need to baste the turkey while it's cooking?

Basting is not necessary, but it can add flavor and moisture to the turkey. If you choose to baste, do so every 30 minutes or so using the juices from the bottom of the pan. Keep in mind that every time you open the oven door, the temperature will drop and increase the cooking time.

3. Should I stuff the turkey or cook the stuffing separately?

We recommend cooking the stuffing separately for food safety reasons. However, you can stuff the turkey as long as you make sure the stuffing reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. The stuffing should also be loosely packed as it will expand during cooking.

4. How do I know when the turkey is fully cooked?

The best way to determine if your turkey is fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer. Insert it into the thickest part of the thigh, making sure it does not touch the bone. The internal temperature should reach 165 degrees for the turkey to be safe to eat.

5. Can I cook a frozen turkey?

It is not recommended to cook a frozen turkey. The safest way to thaw a turkey is in the refrigerator, allowing 24 hours for every 4-5 pounds of turkey. You can also use the cold water method, changing the water every 30 minutes. Never thaw a turkey at room temperature as it can lead to bacterial growth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • KellyTheChef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jules711
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies