• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Veggie-Friendly Recipes for Your Friday Night Host: Help Needed!

In summary, the conversation involved suggestions for meatless recipes for an upcoming Friday night dinner. Some of the ideas mentioned were a Pumpkin Black Bean soup, elegant artichoke cups, 3-cheese veggie pizza, Greek cheese torta, and jerk tofu nachos. Other options included the spinach artichoke braid, smashed potato soup, caramel nutty brownies, Grecian party squares, tomato basil squares, and cool veggie or garden ranch pizza. There was also a suggestion to use Boca "meat" products as a substitute. The conversation also included some humorous comments about celebrating "lint" instead of "Lent."
chefannie
Help, my host from this upcoming Friday night has decided that she wants to have recipes that don't have meat. Any ideas? Help!:(

I had success doing a Pumpkin Black Bean soup in the cookware recently. It's a bunch of cans of stuff with a little fresh onion, garlic, and spices. The taste is a cross between Indian and Southwestern. Got rave reviews. If that sounds like it might work for you, I'll dig out the recipe.

elegant artichoke cups, 3-cheese veggie pizza, greek cheese torta, jerk tofu nachos (just kidding)

the artichoke cups are very yummy and offer lots of oppty for guest participation

have fun!!

The spinach artichoke braid from "All the Best" is quite tasty, too!

Jill

Smashed Potato Soup has no meat and is tasty.How about a dessert? Caramel Nutty Brownies are sooooo good.

How about the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares minus the ham. You could add mushrooms or peppers of whatever veggies the host would like. This recipe is fantastic! I made it for a Bridal show yesterday and it is quick and easy (I did buy the tiny ham cubes ready to go). It was so easy I came home and made one for my family. It was gone by the end of the day!
If she doesn't eat meat, will she let you substitute Boca "meat" items? They are a vegetarian product in the freezer section. I've never had them, but it might be an option, unless they have a funky flavor!:yuck:
Deb:)

chefann said:
Smashed Potato Soup has no meat and is tasty.

How about a dessert? Caramel Nutty Brownies are sooooo good.
It does have chicken broth though.

You could probably use vegetable broth instead. Of course, depending on how vegan she wants to go, you'd also have to use a soy substitute for the sour cream and milk, too.

Grecian Party Squares are always a huge hit!

Tomato Basil Squares! Yumalicious!

MMMmmmm....Tomato Basil Squares!

Thanks everyone - great ideas!

Spinach Artichoke Braid is my offering during lent (so to speak). I sometimes call it Spinach & Artichokes with Rice and make the braid filling and serve it over rice from the Rice Cooker. Some people just won't go for the crescent rolls!

Cool Veggie Pizza or Garden Ranch Pizza come to mind. Any desserts of course shouldn't have meat in them.

I never thought about offering something different during Lent! I usually have different choices though so there should be something to pick from.

Last edited:
wadesgirl said:
Cool Veggie Pizza or Garden Ranch Pizza come to mind. Any desserts of course shouldn't have meat in them.

I never thought about offering something different during Lint! I usually have different choices though so there should be something to pick from.

I never thought anyone celebrated lint...I guess it might be quite a find for some... :p :yuck:

janetupnorth said:
I never thought anyone celebrated lint...I guess it might be quite a find for some... :p :yuck:
Yah, yah, my mistake! I'll fix it so no one else has to say anything, shows you how much I celebrate Lent!

I am only aware because my in-laws are catholic and MIL and FIL give up drinking every year during Lent. I just remember that when we got married our taste testing at the reception place was on a Friday during Lent. MIL thought it was her duty to try the meals even though they had meat on them since they were paying for the reception. FIL didn't but I still laugh thinking of my MIL saying that it was her duty to eat it no matter what!

Don't you mean lent? :D :rolleyes:

Fibrous coat of thick hairs covering the seeds of the cotton plant
Fuzzy fluff that accumulates on various fabrics, which can be removed via a lint roller
Fibers that become trapped in the lint filter of a clothes dryer
Navel lint, an accumulation of fluffy fibers in one's navel
Pocket lint, an accumulation of fibers found in pockets.

janetupnorth said:
Don't you mean lent? :D :rolleyes:

Fibrous coat of thick hairs covering the seeds of the cotton plant
Fuzzy fluff that accumulates on various fabrics, which can be removed via a lint roller
Fibers that become trapped in the lint filter of a clothes dryer
Navel lint, an accumulation of fluffy fibers in one's navel
Pocket lint, an accumulation of fibers found in pockets.

I changed it! It's Sunday, my brain doesn't work on Sundays. This is why I haven't converted yet, I cannot figure it all out yet!

what about the new 1 pot pasta recipe in the new s/s seasons best - use veg broth instead of chicken broth if needed - YUM!!!

wadesgirl said:
I changed it! It's Sunday, my brain doesn't work on Sundays. This is why I haven't converted yet, I cannot figure it all out yet!

Hey, I deleted that hours ago...even before you posted this...you must have had it open in a window for awhile 'cause I deleted it about 10 seconds after I put it up. :D

janetupnorth said:
Hey, I deleted that hours ago...even before you posted this...you must have had it open in a window for awhile 'cause I deleted it about 10 seconds after I put it up. :D
I hit reply and then as soon as I posted mine, yours was gone!:balloon:

Greek Islands Pastry!!! :sing: :sing: Oh yummy! It's in the All The Best Cookbook! I absolutely love this and every show I've ever made it at, they loved it, and it was gone quick!:) ;)

Related to Veggie-Friendly Recipes for Your Friday Night Host: Help Needed!

1. What vegetarian options can I offer as a host for Friday night gatherings?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I can provide you with a variety of veggie-friendly recipes for your Friday night gatherings. Some popular options include vegetable stir-fry, quinoa salad, and roasted vegetable platters.

2. Are there any vegan recipes available for Friday night hosts?

Yes, we have plenty of vegan recipes that are perfect for Friday night gatherings. Some delicious options include vegan chili, avocado toast, and lentil soup.

3. Can I use Pampered Chef products to make vegetarian dishes?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen products that are perfect for making vegetarian dishes. Our vegetable spiralizer, food chopper, and non-stick cookware are just a few examples of tools that can help you create delicious veggie-friendly recipes.

4. Can I make gluten-free recipes using Pampered Chef products?

Yes, we have a variety of gluten-free recipes that can be made using Pampered Chef products. Our vegetable slicer, microwave steamer, and baking stone are just a few examples of tools that can help you create gluten-free dishes.

5. Are there any vegetarian appetizer recipes available for Friday night hosts?

Yes, we have a great selection of vegetarian appetizer recipes that are perfect for Friday night gatherings. Some popular options include stuffed mushrooms, avocado bruschetta, and spinach dip. You can find all of these recipes on our website or in our product catalogs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefannie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • llespinoza
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Barry Carlton
  • Suzy Englert