• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using New App on Kindle Fire/Android

In summary, the app is not yet approved for use on the Kindle Fire, but it may work if you download it to an Android-based tablet. There are many rumors about when the app will be released, but it is likely that there will be bugs to work out. For now, paper and pen will have to suffice.
pctharper
Gold Member
I was reading through the updated Q&A on CC about the new app. It says that its approved for android based smartphones and MIGHT work on Android based tablets, but it was not designed for those tablets. It said that it could end up just being the same size of screen shot as a typical smartphone.

With the thread going on about the possibility of the iPad 2 going as low as $199, its very tempting to buy that if it in fact does go that low, knowing that the new app will work on it. My delima is this-I have a Kindle Fire that Dh just bought me for Christmas. I can download Android apps to it just like my smartphone. I like that the screen is bigger than my phone, but not as big as a tablet. I think it might work. What are your thoughts aboug actually using the app on the Kindle Fire or other Android based tablet?

I really wish they could give us a more specific timeframe as to when the app will be released!!!!

I think we just need to wait and see what things are like when it's released. Since you own the Kindle Fire, you can see if you are happy with that. Wait and see what Apple does with the pricing. There are so many rumors right now, so I'm just going to try to distract myself with other things and hope the time flies and we'll get more info. :D

Thanks Amanda! I am in no position to buy anything that will support the new app so I too am sitting here watching and waiting to see what you all do and your preferences. The last thing I want to do is make a costly mistake. For a techy - I am very behind the times when it comes to portable devices of any kind. In fact, I had to turn down a job because I do not own nor can afford a smart phone! I can make and get phone calls and that is all!

I asked Tech Support (about 10 of them were at the Chicago Spring Launch) and they said that it is not supported on the Kindle Fire yet. I wouldn't hold my breath -- my thoughts are that Kindle has some stringent hoops to jump thru to get any apps approved for their devices.Wait and see....there will most likely be some bugs to work out. As for me, I plan on 'business as usual' for a while. I have taken my laptop to shows before and it seems to hinder my recruiting somewhat. I think that having prospective recruits think that you have to have an iphone or tablet to do business will make some run for the hills!I plan on continuing to use paper and pen -- and enter shows when I get home.For me, a new $600 tablet purchase is not justified right now.

pampered1224 said:
For a techy - I am very behind the times when it comes to portable devices of any kind. In fact, I had to turn down a job because I do not own nor can afford a smart phone! I can make and get phone calls and that is all!

I feel the same way, John. 8 years ago I got a degree in MIS and am really struggling with getting my head around all the new device capabilities! My, my how times they are a-changin'!

I'm waiting until the rollout. I don't have a smart phone and refuse to get one. I will consider the iPod Touch or something similar. I'm hoping that once it rolls out, someone with a Kindle Fire will try it and report their results. I will base my decision on finances and reports from my fellow consultants.

lt1jane said:
I'm waiting until the rollout. I don't have a smart phone and refuse to get one. I will consider the iPod Touch or something similar. I'm hoping that once it rolls out, someone with a Kindle Fire will try it and report their results. I will base my decision on finances and reports from my fellow consultants.

I am willing to try it out on my kindle when it comes out. We are waiting to file taxes to see if we can write some of the kindle off.

As I said, the IT team from HO said that it will not work on the Kindle Fire.

I called them the other day and they didnt know if it would or not. So I am just waiting. No big deal. I figure if it works great if not oh well.

It would be a nice surprise if it did -- perhaps a little less costly for those who are looking to buy a new device. By the time they actually release the apps maybe they will work it out.

For those who have a Nook Color - that's an Android based e-reader. I have a Nook Color and just purchased an N2A card (Nook to Android); this allows me to turn it in to an Android tablet (doesn't void the Nook warranty either). When the card is inserted you can boot to either the Nook 'side' or Android tablet 'side'. I'm hoping I'll be able to use the mobile app on the tablet side of my Nook Color.

I am waiting with baited breath to see all of your results before I make a tablet purchase. I can justify the expense, but I would really like to get the most bang for my buck for sure! I have an Droid smartphone, but the screen is smaller than I am comfortable with for placing orders.

rinakay said:
I am waiting with baited breath to see all of your results before I make a tablet purchase. I can justify the expense, but I would really like to get the most bang for my buck for sure! I have an Droid smartphone, but the screen is smaller than I am comfortable with for placing orders.

I agree! I can justify the expense of a tablet, but I'm hoping not to! I hope I can use my Kindle!

1. How do I download and install a new app on my Kindle Fire/Android device?

To download and install a new app on your Kindle Fire/Android device, follow these steps:

• Go to the Amazon Appstore or Google Play Store on your device.
  • Search for the app you want to download.
  • Select the app and click on the "Install" button.
  • Wait for the app to finish downloading and installing.

2. Can I use the app on both my Kindle Fire and Android device?

It depends on the app. Some apps are available for both Kindle Fire and Android devices, while others may only be compatible with one or the other. You can check the app's description on the app store to see which devices it is compatible with.

3. How do I update an app on my Kindle Fire/Android device?

To update an app on your Kindle Fire/Android device, follow these steps:

• Click on the menu button and select "My Apps" or "My Library".
  • Find the app you want to update and click on it.
  • If an update is available, click on the "Update" button.
  • Wait for the app to finish updating.

4. How do I delete an app from my Kindle Fire/Android device?

To delete an app from your Kindle Fire/Android device, follow these steps:

• Click on the menu button and select "My Apps" or "My Library".
  • Find the app you want to delete and click on it.
  • Click on the "Uninstall" button.
  • Confirm the deletion and wait for the app to be uninstalled.

5. Can I transfer apps from my old Kindle Fire/Android device to a new one?

Yes, you can transfer apps from your old Kindle Fire/Android device to a new one. You can do this by using the "My Apps" or "My Library" section in the app store, where you can see a list of all the apps you have downloaded. Simply select the apps you want to transfer and click on the "Install" or "Download" button on your new device. You can also use a third-party app backup and restore tool to transfer your apps.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Aylaisabeau
  • esavvymom
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Karen Kuba