• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using a Warming Tray with Bakers: Safety Guide

In summary, the conversation is about whether it is safe to put one of the bakers on a warming tray for a longer time period. The discussion concludes that it is not safe and could potentially void the warranty. The suggestion is to contact the test kitchens for further clarification. The update confirms that the test kitchens advise against using stones on a warming tray.
kam
Staff member
I was wondering if anyone knew if it was safe to put one of the bakers on a warming tray?

Thanks!

I think no because they're not supposed to go on direct heat

Stones ARE a warming tray.

BethCooks4U said:

I know and that's why I love the stones for hot dips and such...but I was thinking for a longer time span.

I will have a warming tray set up for appetizers and was wondering if I could set one of the bakers on the warming tray just to keep it warm for a longer period of time.

BethCooks4U said:

I know :) and that's why I love the stones for hot dips and such...but I was thinking for a longer time span.

I will have a warming tray set up for appetizers and was wondering if I could set one of the bakers on the warming tray just to keep it warm for a longer period of time.

kam said:
I know :) and that's why I love the stones for hot dips and such...but I was thinking for a longer time span.

I would not do that. The stone would probably be fine since you're starting out hot but I would not take the chance and it could void the warranty.

Why don't you call the test kitchens? They will be able to answer that I would think.

BethCooks4U said:
I would not do that. The stone would probably be fine since you're starting out hot but I would not take the chance and it could void the warranty.

Why don't you call the test kitchens? They will be able to answer that I would think.

OK. Yes I will do that. I always forget that is an option for us. I have never contacted test kitchens, is it better to email or call?

Thanks!

kam said:
OK. Yes I will do that. I always forget that is an option for us. I have never contacted test kitchens, is it better to email or call?

Thanks!

Either way. I've done both. You get a machine usually if you call but either way they CALL back and discuss your issue with you. They are awesome!

BethCooks4U said:
Either way. I've done both. You get a machine usually if you call but either way they CALL back and discuss your issue with you. They are awesome!

I have 1/2 day off today so I'll be home this afternoon and can call.

I'll report back. I have a feeling you guys are right about not putting it on the warming tray, but I'll let you know!

UPDATE: Got a call from test kitchens. Do not use stones on a warming tray.

Glad I called!

Related to Using a Warming Tray with Bakers: Safety Guide

1. How do I use the stones on the warming tray?

To use the stones on the warming tray, preheat the tray in the oven according to the instructions. Once heated, place the stones on the tray and arrange them evenly. You can then place your food or dishes on top of the stones to keep them warm.

2. Are the stones safe to use in the microwave?

No, the stones on the warming tray are not safe to use in the microwave. They are specifically designed to be used in the oven for warming purposes.

3. Can I use the stones on the warming tray to cook food?

No, the stones on the warming tray are not meant for cooking. They are only intended for keeping food warm and should not be used for cooking or baking.

4. How do I clean the stones on the warming tray?

The stones on the warming tray should be hand washed with warm, soapy water. Do not use harsh abrasives or cleaners as they can damage the stones. Allow the stones to cool completely before washing.

5. Can I use the stones on the warming tray for cold foods?

Yes, the stones on the warming tray can also be used to keep cold food items chilled. Simply place the tray in the refrigerator or freezer before use, and then place the cold food on top of the stones. This is great for keeping dips, cheeses, and other cold appetizers at the perfect temperature for serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pckelly
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • donnathepamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • heather223